Some notes about the RFXtrx433E: work in progress
- To use RFXmngr, you need to first install the drivers from FTDI, then (unplug and) plug the RFXtrx433E
- To drive Somfy blinds, you need the RFXtrx433E version (with a final E).
- RFXmngr runs only under windows, while RFXflash can work under Linux with Mono
- Setup: see this nice tutorial.
Somfy / RFY
To associate the RFXtrx433E with Somfy blinds (his instruction assumes that you already added RFXtrx433E under Hardware)
(1) Click on 'Switches', then click on "Manual Light/Switch".
(2) Fill in...
Hardware: RFXtrx433E Device name: <Name for my Somfy blinds> Switch Type: Blinds Type: RFY ID: <select a random ID> Unit Code: <select a random number>
(3) Then, on a remote already associated with the blinds:
move the blinds so they are neither fully closed nor fully open.
(4) press the tiny "prog" button 3s on the back of the remote. The blinds make a quick move.
(5) Immediately click on the "Test" button in your Domoticz screen. The blinds make a quick move again, to confirm association..
(6) If successful, click "Add Device".