Domoticz from Sourceforge to Github, how to update
This tutorial describes how you can change Domoticz from Sourceforge to Github.
***PLEASE NOTE: This method does not work at the moment and will be updated soon.
This tutorial assumes you have installed cmake (
sudo apt-get install cmake).
This tutorial assumes you have installed curl (
sudo apt-get install curl libcurl4-openssl-dev).
Steps to perform
- First backup your database from the webGUI (Setup > Settings > Backup/Restore > Backup database (in the menu on the righthand side)).
- Login via SSH (
- After you login, check if you are in /home/pi (you can do this by typing
cd /home/pi/and then pressing enter).
- Make sure you've got the domoticz.db backup file. If you do, stop Domoticz by entering the following command
sudo service domoticz.sh stop.
- Getting the source code:
git clone https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz.git domoticz.new.
- Then go into the newly created folder
- Enter the following command
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release CMakeLists.txt.
- Then enter the following command
- Rename the folder of the old version (domoticz) in to domoticz.old, by entering
mv domoticz domoticz.old.
- Rename the folder of the new version (domoticz.new) in to domoticz, by entering
mv domoticz.new domoticz.
- Finally, start Domoticz using the following command
sudo service domoticz.sh start.
- Restore your database from your previous setup (Setup > Settings > Backup/Restore > Restore database (in the menu on the right)).
- Copy the files from domoticz.old\scripts to domoticz\scripts, you can do this by entering the command
cp -a /home/pi/domoticz.old/scripts/. /home/pi/domoticz/scripts/.
- Copy the files from domoticz.old\www\switch_icons.txt to domoticz\www
cp -a /home/pi/domoticz.old/www/switch_icons.txt /home/pi/domoticz/www/.
- Copy the files from domoticz.old\www\images to domoticz\www\images
cp -a /home/pi/domoticz.old/www/images/. /home/pi/domoticz/www/images/.
- Finally, restart the whole service by entering
sudo service domoticz restart