RFXtrx433XL and Louvolite trouble

ozzboz2
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

RFXtrx433XL and Louvolite trouble

Post by ozzboz2 » Wednesday 05 December 2018 12:30

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these boards as I'm new to Domoticz and to RFXCom because I'm new to electric blinds.. I'm not new to home automation though, with a pretty comprehensive setup built up over a number of years, driven mainly by Smartthings and WebCore. I'm also an IT consultant so I know how to turn a computer on and off again. So thats me introduced.

Background: Recently I picked up some electric roller blinds. The plan was to integrate with Smartthings. I'd done some research and this all seemed possible via Domoticz running on my Raspberry Pi and an RFXCom device, all linking back to the SmartThings Hub.

Problem: I picked up an RFXtrx433XL, flashed to the latest firmware, now 1033. Using RFXmngr, I can see the device and set the receive protocols. However after trying all the protocols (starting with Blinds T0 and T1), the only results I see from a Louvolite remote keypress, is when I turn undec on?

I've read about others experiencing issues and using type 2 firmware as part of the solution. I'm guessing that this is built into the later XL device and the older devices only needed this due to early device limitations? Either way, this is not an option for the XL.

Does anyone have any experience with the XL and Louvolite that can help me debug what is going wrong or what I'm doing wrong?

Please don't beat me up if I've missed a post on this very topic, I've searched all over and read a ton of stuff, plus getting up to speed on Domoticz plus the SmartThings integration, my heads still spinning.

Thanks for all your help.

ozzboz2
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: RFXtrx433XL and Louvolite trouble

Post by ozzboz2 » Wednesday 05 December 2018 14:27

Update: Resolved.

At the same time as I posted this question to the forum, I wrote to RFXCom. Since that email Bert Weijenberg, checked my RAW data file, modded the firmware to version 1034 and uploaded it.

I re-flashed my RFX, my blinds went into Domoticz perfectly and now can be controlled from Smartthings and Action Tiles panels around my home. A perfect end to a Wednesday morning.

RFXcom customer service is off the charts. Just perfect, I'm blown away.