Devices are not working

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
InMySights
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Devices are not working

Post by InMySights » Wednesday 05 December 2018 1:08

Version: Latest BETAs
Platform: Raspberry Pi
Plugin/Hardware: Aeotec USB Stick
Description: I have an older Rasberry Pi 2 i think and noticed that 3-4 in wall z wave switches stopped working, i.e. if I attempt to Turn On or Off I get an error in Domoticz popup saying there is an error communicating with the device. I bought a new Raspberry Pi 3b+ and installed OS on usb, installed Domoticz and performed a DB restore, moved the Aeotec USB stick to the new RPi3b+. Started it up and waited a good 30 minutes for all nodes to be queried and then attempted to turn on a switch that was not function before but alas the switch did not work and Domoticz states there is a communication error. I have attempted a Heal on the whole network and the devices individually but the result is the same - no worky!

I ask, Can this be fixed/reset/removed and then re-added without doing a Hard Reset on the Aeotec USB stick?
please understand that my other 10-15 other devices are working but these few items do not.

Regards,
Brad

InMySights
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Devices are not working

Post by InMySights » Wednesday 05 December 2018 20:47

Hello last night I did some experimenting and one of the switches after rebooting the RPi3b+ a few times started working!!! However once I rebooted it did not work again.

I think there is a serious problem with the DB now. Any ideas on want I should do now?

Been looking online since I Restored the old Pis DB - how can I reset everything, i.e. DB I think, so there is nothing. I will look at doing a hard reset on my Aeotec USB stick. I just read that there is a device xml file that could be corrupted but that does not explain why some switches work sometimes.