Fully Uninstalling from Windows

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
up2urheadlights
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Fully Uninstalling from Windows

Post by up2urheadlights » Tuesday 06 November 2018 5:02

So I installed Domoticz to a Windows system and then decided I'd rather run it on a different system. Upon un-installation there is a prompt that says not everything is removed and that you can remove everything manually. I searched and could find no instructions on how to do this. When browsing to the machines IP at port 8080 I see that the web server is still running. How do I remove this?

up2urheadlights
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Re: Fully Uninstalling from Windows

Post by up2urheadlights » Tuesday 06 November 2018 5:21

I did some investigating and it looks like it was just Chrome caching the page, so it does not appear that Domoticz leaves a web server running.

chaimeichini
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Fully Uninstalling from Windows

Post by chaimeichini » Wednesday 07 November 2018 15:38

To remove a program in Windows, we uninstall it from Control Panel but many times the default uninstallation utility provided by the program doesn't remove the program completely. It lefts some entries in Windows Registry, some files in various folders in your hard disk drives.

These leftovers might slow down your system and there is no point to keep them in your system.

There are many 3rd party software like Revo uninstaller, etc are available on Internet which claim to completely uninstall a software program in Windows but sometimes these software also fail to completely uninstall a software from your system.'
downloader.vip/minecraft-pocket-edition/ https://downloader.vip/counter-strike/ https://downloader.vip/google-play-services/