Aeotec Multisensor 6 - Vibration?

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
Vlayke
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Aeotec Multisensor 6 - Vibration?

Post by Vlayke » Monday 05 November 2018 9:51

Hi all,

I'm starting to work with Domoticz in general and with Aeotec Multisensor 6 in particular (the first thing I purchased).
I believe I added and setup the sensor properly. It shows up, I get reading on all the things that I think I should (expect for the UV, which is normal, since the sensor is indoors).

But one thing bugs me. The sensor supposedly has a "vibration" detection capabilities as well. But I don't know which of the components is supposed to represent that. One of the things that pops out is a "burglar" sensor. At first I thought that would be it, since on Aeotec product (as well as technical) pages it says that this is supposed to be used as an anti-tamper mechanism.
However I found out that the "burglar" sensor fires pretty much at the same time as "motion" sensor. Even though the Multisensor box itself is completely stationary at that time.
Then I tried shaking the Multisensor box violently and hoping to see some of the other components trigger (like "Alarm Type" or "Alarm Level"), but no luck. I also tried removing the back plate (battery cover) if maybe there was something that detects this particular event. But again, no results.

So, my question is: did anyone here manage to determine which of the detected components is the motion sensor. If they did, can you share that insight? :)

This is why my setup detects:
Multisensor01.png
Multisensor01.png (33.88 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Multisensor01.png
Multisensor01.png (33.88 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Thanks for any insight,
Vlayke
Attachments
Multisensor02.png
Multisensor02.png (16.27 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Multisensor01.png
Multisensor01.png (33.88 KiB) Viewed 92 times

emme
Domoticz version: latest

Re: Aeotec Multisensor 6 - Vibration?

Post by emme » Monday 05 November 2018 9:56

vibration is used as an alternative to the tamper (burglar) which I assume should be the switch with the danger sign
The most dangerous phrase in any language is:
"We always done this way"

Vlayke
Domoticz version:

Post by Vlayke » Monday 05 November 2018 10:02

Hi emme,

Well from my experience burglar does pretty much the same as motion sensor. And the thing that frustrates me most is that nothing happens when the box is moved (I hold it in my hand and flail around with it :) ).
So I'm trying to determine if I might have an issue with my box or is there a general thing with the vibration sensor. The second option seems relevant to me, since I didn't find any concrete info on this board that anyone actually got it working/uses it.

emme
Domoticz version: latest

Post by emme » Monday 05 November 2018 10:10

burglar can be set in 2 different ways set in Param.24:
- Tamper (open the box)
- Vibration (with parameter set in param.20)

based on this combination you get your alarm.
Please note that changes does not reflect immediately, but you have to wait until the next useful wakeup-window (param 2000)

OR... to force the update: open the sensor and push 3 times the button
The most dangerous phrase in any language is:
"We always done this way"

Vlayke
Domoticz version:

Post by Vlayke » Monday 05 November 2018 10:43

Ahh. OK.
That sounds very useful, thanks.
I'll check it out, when I get home.

Thank you.

Vlayke
Domoticz version:

Post by Vlayke » Monday 05 November 2018 20:57

Hi,

I'm checking the settings but I'm unable to find the mentioned parameters (20 and 24).
Like I said, I'm fairly new with Domoticz.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

So far I checked these two options:
1. Setup -> Hardware -> OpenZwave USB -> Setup -> Aeotec ZW100 MultiSensor 6+ -> settings on the bottom of the page
2. Setup -> Hardware -> OpenZwave USB -> Setup -> Node Management -> Control Panel -> Aeotec ZW100 MultiSensor 6 -> Configuration -> settings on the bottom of the page

In both situations I see a whole lot of configuration options, but not 20 or 24 or anything that descriptively seems to fit what I'm looking for.
Am I kicking in the wrong direction? :)