Z-Stick and Qubino

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
basimi
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Z-Stick and Qubino

Post by basimi » Wednesday 10 October 2018 14:41

Dear people,

I wanted to try the world of Domoticz, because for the first time I really felt a need for it. Namely to start automating the garagedoor.

To do this I purchased:
- Raspberry pi 2 (already had one)
- Installed Domoticz (went and works fine)
- Aeon Z-Stick USB 5 gen
- Relais Z-Wave 2300W Inbouw QUBINO (QUB_ZMNHND1)

I followed instructions and got de Z-Stick in the hardware part of Domoticz. Domoticz recognizes the Z-Stick and it looks it works fine.

Second part was to include the Qubino with Z-stick. This haven’t work for me.

I tried the following things:
- connect the Qubino to the 24 volt on N and L and the garagedoor puls to both Q in and Q out.
- connect the Qubino to 230v on N and L and the garagedoor puls to both Q in and Q out.
- connect the Qubino only to 230v

In all above instances I tried to include the Qubino by taking the Z-Stick to the device and put it in inclusion mode. Then power up the Qubino. Nothing happens (the Z-stick seems to go into inclusion mode seeing by the blue light). It doesn’t seem to include. And I don’t see it in Domoticz.

Maybe for the record. I don’t have a physical button installed for my garage door, but I know it works, because the 866mhz sender input is normally connected to these ports on the garagedoor.

Do you guys have any idea what I am doing wrong?

jvdz
Domoticz version: Stable

Re: Z-Stick and Qubino

Post by jvdz » Wednesday 10 October 2018 14:57

Have you tried the other two options for inclusion?:
Module Inclusion (Adding to Z-Wave
network)
 Connect module to power supply (with temperature sensor connected - if purchased),
 bring module within maximum 1 meter (3 feet) of the main controller,
 enable add/remove mode on main controller,
 auto-inclusion (30 minutes after connected to power supply) or
press service button S for more than 2 second or
press push button I1 three times within 3s (3 times change switch state within 3 seconds)
Does any device show in the Hardware setup page for the ZWAVE controller?
Ensure you have the checkbox enabled for accepting new devices.
Jos

basimi
Domoticz version:

Post by basimi » Wednesday 10 October 2018 15:18

These are my only two devices so far.

I thought the checkbox is enabled, but will going to check that one this evening.

And about the inclusion:
- I don’t have a push button installed, so it is hard to use it that way. Do you think it is mandatory to install a push button?
- the second one (service button) can only be used with 24 volt. Didn’t try that one. So will try that one well.

basimi
Domoticz version:

Post by basimi » Wednesday 10 October 2018 20:45

So I checked today if my acceptance was enables. That is the case.

See picture: https://imgur.com/a/WUKOnOv

I also tried to add in manually with the 24volt option (with the S service button). No succes unfortunately.

My Z-stick does show in the hardware section.

kimhav
Domoticz version: 4.10053

Post by kimhav » Thursday 11 October 2018 9:51

The above will only include the device in the device list of Domoticz and for the proper inclusion of zwave device you need to go to the Hardware section and you should then have a Setup button for the zwave controller. Click this and you'll get to a new screen where you have Node Management button where you can choose to include devices or even better choose to make use of the OpenZWave GUI instead by clicking Control Panel under Node Management.

Domoticz_NodeManagement.PNG
Domoticz_NodeManagement.PNG (134.87 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Member of Domoticz Sweden Telegram Group

febalci
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:

Post by febalci » Thursday 11 October 2018 22:53

1. Might be a dumb question but are you sure both ZStick and Qubino are 868 MHz Europe version?
2. Hard reset the Zstick.
3. Press the ZStick button for 3 seconds and make sure blue light is blinking(Inclusion mode)
4. Press the S button on the Qubino when you are holding the Zstick (not connected to any PC) in inclusion mode.
5. While in inclusion mode, Zstick blinks blue every second, if inclusion is successful, blue light stays on for 2 seconds and goes back to inclusion mode with blinking every second.
6. If the inclusion is not succesful, then take the ZStick to remove node mode, and press the S button for 3 seconds. Then try inclusion again. Sometimes you have to delete the home id on the module that stays from a previous unsuccesful inclusion.
7. It is better to do the Qubino connection with 24 V during inclusion. In fact 220V also works but you have a risk of electro shock while pressing that stupid S button.
8 In fact the best is connect the Qubino to 220V, and instead of pressing the S button, switch off and then on the fuse switch.
9. If inclusion seems succesful, plug in the Zstick to your domoticz server, restart it, go to hardware page, select Openzwave and press Setup button. It should come there in 1-2 minutes.
10. If none of these works you may have a faulty Qubino unit.

kimhav

Post by kimhav » Thursday 11 October 2018 23:43

Service button S can’t be used when module is connected to 110-230V power supply.

basimi
Domoticz version:

Post by basimi » Friday 12 October 2018 20:42

febalci wrote:
Thursday 11 October 2018 22:53
1. Might be a dumb question but are you sure both ZStick and Qubino are 868 MHz Europe version?\

I checked it. That's the case.

2. Hard reset the Zstick.

I did. Did not changed anything. The Z-stick does show up in my Domoticz again.

3. Press the ZStick button for 3 seconds and make sure blue light is blinking(Inclusion mode)

That works.

4. Press the S button on the Qubino when you are holding the Zstick (not connected to any PC) in inclusion mode.

I tried the S-button, while on 24volts (that's in the manual). I did measure the 24volts to be sure it was powered. Did not include.

5. While in inclusion mode, Zstick blinks blue every second, if inclusion is successful, blue light stays on for 2 seconds and goes back to inclusion mode with blinking every second.
6. If the inclusion is not succesful, then take the ZStick to remove node mode, and press the S button for 3 seconds. Then try inclusion again. Sometimes you have to delete the home id on the module that stays from a previous unsuccesful inclusion.

I tried that while being on 24 volts. Did not work.

7. It is better to do the Qubino connection with 24 V during inclusion. In fact 220V also works but you have a risk of electro shock while pressing that stupid S button.

Fortunately I was not electrified :D

8 In fact the best is connect the Qubino to 220V, and instead of pressing the S button, switch off and then on the fuse switch.

I tried that as well by installing the Qubino with a normal light. The light did work. The Qubino did not include. Also did not exclude or reset for that matter.

9. If inclusion seems succesful, plug in the Zstick to your domoticz server, restart it, go to hardware page, select Openzwave and press Setup button. It should come there in 1-2 minutes.

10. If none of these works you may have a faulty Qubino unit.

Is there a possibility to check if it is faulty?

kimhav

Post by kimhav » Friday 12 October 2018 22:11

How far away are the Qubino from the zwave controller? When I initially tried to setup up a Qubino and it was a two rooms away, maybe 10m, I did have problem to include it and of course it also depends on what kind of walls you have (drywall, bricks, etc). If this could be the case, just try to make the setup within the same room to see how it works out.

basimi
Domoticz version:

Post by basimi » Saturday 13 October 2018 13:47

The 24 volt setup is about 10 meters away, but with a double brick wall in between. Does it matter when you include the Qubino, while taking the Z-stick next to it?

My 220v setup was in the same room.

kimhav

Post by kimhav » Saturday 13 October 2018 16:25

I would try to have the Z-stick closer just to ensure that the distance isn't an issue. So if that is a possibility, do try that, just in the same room without any walls in between. Once I started to get additional Qubino installed it started to build the mesh network and now there is no place in my house which the zwave devices can't reach.

basimi
Domoticz version:

Post by basimi » Saturday 20 October 2018 19:12

Me and my father decided to make a testboard again and I think I have done something wrong in the first place, because after resetting the Q (5 times) it finally included and is seen in my Domoticz environment.

It is a test setup with only a light, but I will try to get the light running first. Want to thank you all for all your knowledge and answers, because it did helped me a lot.