Beta 4.9999 problem saving.

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
TimS
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Beta 4.9999 problem saving.

Post by TimS » Tuesday 11 September 2018 23:03

Hi!
In Beta version Domoticz 4.9999, saving does not work when changing the "Switch Icons".
My system Raspberry Pi.

waaren
Domoticz version: Beta

Re: Beta 4.9999 problem saving.

Post by waaren » Wednesday 12 September 2018 9:09

TimS wrote:
Tuesday 11 September 2018 23:03
Hi!
In Beta version Domoticz 4.9999, saving does not work when changing the "Switch Icons".
My system Raspberry Pi.
Works without a problem for me (same version / raspberry Pi )

A lot of the problems users experience after a domoticz update are gone when the browsercache and appcache are cleared. There are also quite a number of posts on this forum related to these kind of problems.

To summarize and sorted from little effort to a bit more effort take these steps and check after each step if it address the issues you encounter.

- clear browser cache and appcache
Chrome: chrome://appcache-internals/#
Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/storage

- in www/js look for domoticz.js.gz, if its there remove it, (KEEP domoticz.js !! )
- use incognito mode using
Chrome [control] [shift] n
Firefox: [control] [shift] p

- restart domoticz
- rename the location of the original installation and install the new version to an empty target directory. Next copy database and scripts from the old location and fire it up.

Hope this will also solve your problem.
Raspberry (debian stretch via berryboot on Synology DS916+) , Domoticz (almost) latest Beta, , dzVents 2.6, RFLink, RFXtrx433e, P1, Youless, Harmony, Hue, Yeelight, Xiaomi, HomeWizard, Zwave, Amazon echo

lost
Domoticz version:

Post by lost » Wednesday 12 September 2018 12:53

TimS wrote:
Tuesday 11 September 2018 23:03
In Beta version Domoticz 4.9999
Next stable may be heading for being 5.0?
Looks nice!

alanlsmith
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 4.9701

Post by alanlsmith » Wednesday 12 September 2018 13:28

waaren wrote:
Wednesday 12 September 2018 9:09

A lot of the problems users experience after a domoticz update are gone when the browsercache and appcache are cleared.
Some, yes but not all.

I have missing logs in the gui on some switches but not on others (log file is complete though and shows those switches), of course I have cleared caches and restarted.

So some problems which can't be resolves by removing caches should not be just dismissed. Although mine for example are so trivial that they can be ignored.
Domoticz v4.9701 beta, Ubuntu 18.04 on Intel NUC i3, 8Gb ram, 70Gb drive, RFXtrx433, z-wave and a bit of Broadlink/Android

waaren
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by waaren » Wednesday 12 September 2018 21:04

alanlsmith wrote:
Wednesday 12 September 2018 13:28
waaren wrote:
Wednesday 12 September 2018 9:09

A lot of the problems users experience after a domoticz update are gone when the browsercache and appcache are cleared.
Some, yes but not all.
So true...
I am advocating that forummembers who experience any problem after updating domoticz that might have a relation with the GUI add to their problem description the steps they already took to try to solve the problem (including the steps I proposed in my earlier post).
That will ensure other forum members not to post useless text with possible solutions.

maybe @remb0 can add this to the red forum rules for reporting in the section Bugs and problems ?
Raspberry (debian stretch via berryboot on Synology DS916+) , Domoticz (almost) latest Beta, , dzVents 2.6, RFLink, RFXtrx433e, P1, Youless, Harmony, Hue, Yeelight, Xiaomi, HomeWizard, Zwave, Amazon echo

alanlsmith
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 4.9701

Post by alanlsmith » Thursday 13 September 2018 10:20

@waaren

Yes, I agree entirely.
Domoticz v4.9701 beta, Ubuntu 18.04 on Intel NUC i3, 8Gb ram, 70Gb drive, RFXtrx433, z-wave and a bit of Broadlink/Android