Z-wave duwi remote

imdos
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Z-wave duwi remote

Post by imdos » Saturday 08 September 2018 11:34

Hi forum members, I hope this is the right sub to post this.

I have bought a Duwi z-wave remote control which has 10 on/off switch/actions. I'm trying to learn it to switch scenes and dummy switches from existing non z-wave things already active in domoticz.

I have bought it second hand and have successfully coupled it to my Aeontec z-wave controller and thus should be part of the z-wave network. 

However I'm unable to learn the actions with this device. Now I'm wondering if my idea is even possible. Anyone has experience and/or tips with this setup?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

heggink
Domoticz version: V4.9999

Re: Z-wave duwi remote

Post by heggink » Saturday 08 September 2018 16:23

Which one do you have? I have one with 7 grouos, 3 scenes and 1 master. Took me a while to figure it out but with lots of googling, I managed to get it to work...
Pi3, latest beta
RFXCOM, z-wave (AEOTEC, switches, temhum, pir, contacts),
Plugwise2py, P1 'smart'meter & solar panel
Alexa, Wifi Cams motion detection
ESP: relays, PIR & Temp/TempHum
Geofence iCloud, Bluetooth & Wifi ping
Harmony hub, Nest

imdos
Domoticz version:

Post by imdos » Saturday 08 September 2018 18:09

Yes, that's the same one as I have bought. Could you help me with the links, if you still got them of course.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

heggink
Domoticz version: V4.9999

Post by heggink » Sunday 09 September 2018 10:21

Sure, happy to help. Will need to re-google but here is what I recall:
1) you need to define our button whether you want to directly Dutch a device (associate the device and button in the same group) or switch a scene and, in domoticz assign the button to that scene. For the first, the default button seeing is wrong. This is dinner in the domoticz settings for the zwave device
2) I also recall that group 1 (controller) may have been missing everywhere, dive through the zwave control panel
3) every change required you to immediately wake up the remote through one of the little buttons at the back (battery compartment) as otherwise it won't work.

I'll make a couple of screen shots from my settings and send those but that's probably later today as I am not at my system most of today. Once you get the hang of it, it's not that difficult but I always found the whole zwave groups and associations pretty obscure...
Pi3, latest beta
RFXCOM, z-wave (AEOTEC, switches, temhum, pir, contacts),
Plugwise2py, P1 'smart'meter & solar panel
Alexa, Wifi Cams motion detection
ESP: relays, PIR & Temp/TempHum
Geofence iCloud, Bluetooth & Wifi ping
Harmony hub, Nest