Read out S0PCM-05

Melissen
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Read out S0PCM-05

Post by Melissen » Thursday 30 August 2018 19:39

Hi,

Just bought an S0PCM-05 meter at SmartMeterDashboard.
This device works 'great', but the PowerConsumption is not really spot on, more an average consumption instead of an actual consumption.

So I want to read out the values of the different meters. Or all meters at once, just like it's possible in Putty (cat /dev/ttyACM0).
So I can see how many pulses are counted in the last 10 seconds.
Then I write these numbers in different user-variables, so I can use the pulses of the last 30 seconds to make the actual-Power-consumption (watts)

Do I use something like: otherdevices_svalues[ ' .... '] to get these values?
Don't know where to start in this 'project'.
For now I use the devices that Domoticz makes when I create in HARDWARE the S0 METER USB-counter, but I want to make a counter like my watermeter, which directly responds when the water is used (bij counting a liter at a time) and my waterflowmeter (uses data from watermeter) and shows the use of water in liters/min. (also spot-on)

Hope someone can help me with pulling out the data in 'workable values'.....
RFXcom433e ver1009,Raspberry Pi,Domoticz v3.5877

KaKu:16c remote,dimmer,wall-sockets,sunscreenswitch
Promax:wall sockets Elro:wall sockets Somfy:RFY screens
TFA:weather station Chinese temperature sensors, smoke detectors, power switches

Melissen
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Re: Read out S0PCM-05

Post by Melissen » Thursday 30 August 2018 19:50

Every pulse is 0,5 watt... so if there are 8 pulses in the last 10 seconds. 4 watts are used in 10 seconds, means 24watts in one minute and 1440watts in one hour...
Because 10 second time frame isn't very accurate, I want to use a time frame of 30 seconds (of maybe longer). Or maybe one minute (I can use LUA TIME).
With 30 seconds time frame I get for example 7 , 8, 7 pulses... so 22 pulses in 30 seconds.
After the next 10 seconds (6 pulses are shown), I use 8 , 7 and 6 pulses...so 21 pulses in 30 seconds.
After the following 10 seconds (8 pulses are shown), I use 7, 6 and 8 pulses... so 21 pulses again...

At this moment the accuracy isn't as fast as I want to... So If I turn on some lamps and watercooker, it takes very long before the consumption is shown, sometimes the lamps and cooker are off again, and then the consumption starts to rise, and takes a while again before it drops again...
RFXcom433e ver1009,Raspberry Pi,Domoticz v3.5877

KaKu:16c remote,dimmer,wall-sockets,sunscreenswitch
Promax:wall sockets Elro:wall sockets Somfy:RFY screens
TFA:weather station Chinese temperature sensors, smoke detectors, power switches

joostvanderlinde
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700

Re: Read out S0PCM-05

Post by joostvanderlinde » Monday 22 October 2018 23:14

Hi , I have to make a remark on your statement
"but the PowerConsumption is not really spot on, more an average consumption instead of an actual consumption."

Consumption is in Wh (or kWh if you like) , Power is in W

The S0PCM-5 çollects its data from pulses given via S0 contacts of the meter.
The S0 contacts give a pulse for every xx Wh (=Consumption)
Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. As accurate as your meter possibly is.

I know you might like to know the actual Power that is drawn at any given time.
As that info is not supplied via S0 contacts, it can only be derived. Eg in a way that you described: 8 pulses (of 0.5Wh) in 10 seconds=
= 4Wh in 10 seconds
= 4 * 360 = 1440 Wh in one hour = 1440 W actual power but that is ONLY an average for those 10 seconds.
With the 10 seconds interval you will also notice that sometimes an interval does not have a pulse, and another has 2. Only because a pulse did not arrive withtin the 10 sec interval.
You might want to lower the reading frequency, but that will not get any detail, On the contrary: you will have to guess more to know WHEN those (e.g.) 100 pulses were counted in the 10 minute interval.

If you want to play around with these values, you could use the S0 datalogger from SmartmeterDashboard.nl (free of charge), do all the calculations you like in Python and submit the results via the Domoticz API (I suggest you create a P1 Smart Meter Dummy device for that purpose in Domoticz to populate with the calculated data).