I am a new member on this forum and started my first home automation project with a combination of Raspberry pi 3, Rfxtrx433e, Xiaomi Mi Gateway when it comes to hardware. I started to control lights/wall plugs with 433mhz devices since it’s cheap and I don’t feel like I need to extract more information than knowing if it’s ON or OFF so that part suits me well. For security, I am using Xiaomi smart home devices like motion sensors, smoke detector and will later on connect IP outdoor cameras.
Now I have changed my main heating system to infrared heating panels in each room, combined with an AC that makes warm air circulate inside the house.
I am looking for 2 things:
1. To embed my AC in Domoticz so I can control it there. It’s a Panasonic one and I am already using Intesishome to control it wirelessly at home and outside home with my phone. I know IntesisHome makes the API available for developers but I am not much into coding so far so I was wondering if someone here has managed to embed Intesishome into Domoticz and how?
2. I would like to control my heating panels wirelessly from/outside home. Each panel (or max 2 panels) are connected to a thermostate and then the thermostate is connected to a wall plug. Panels cannot be ON for an extended time and that is the reason why there are connected to a thermostate (+ saving energy). I have been thinking a lot and I believe that if I want to start controlling those, I will need to either change thermostate type for a type that offers wireless remote connection or another solution would be to get rid of the thermostates and connect the panels directly to a wall plug. The second option might be cheaper and more suitable to the setup I already have for home automation. Would it be possible to combine the following setup?
- Connect panel directly to 433mhz wall plug devices so they can be controlled from distance by switching them ON/OFF.
- Place Xiaomi temperature sensors in each room where panels are installed
- Create automation in Domoticz using following suggestions:
IF temp sensor <19 degrees = wall plug ON
IF temp sensor >21 degrees = wall plug OFF
What do you think? Would that be a good solution?
Thanks in advance for your insights and please continue the awesome work that you guys do, it’s really needed and recognized.
For heating/cooling related questions in Domoticz
1 post • Page 1 of 1