IOS add to Home screen does not work

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
Okko
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

IOS add to Home screen does not work

Post by Okko » Sunday 05 August 2018 14:15

Version: 4.9796 Beta
Platform: Raspberry PI
Plugin/Hardware: Raspberry Pi RFXCOM, Zwave, Philips Hue
Description: When I want to create in IOS 11 add to home screen the icon does not work. When you press the icon I get a dark screen. This happens on my iPads and several iPhones. Cache all cleared from the IOS devices. This happens when I make a link to my local server (within wifi network) and also for the link from outside my network. It is not possible to edit a web address in IOS.
I managed to make a link once by pressing stop before the webpage automatically changes to /#/Dashboard. This seems to work so my conclusion is that the icon in IOS does not work when the link to /#/Dashboard or any other link, for example /#/lightSwitches is included.
Is this an known problem or am I the only one that has this problem? I like the standard interface and would like to avoid using a native app.

SweetPants
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: V4.9911

Re: IOS add to Home screen does not work

Post by SweetPants » Sunday 05 August 2018 14:34

Why do you think this is a Domoticz problem?
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, Intel NUC, MySensors 2.3.0-alpha, Pro Mini 3.3/8M RFM69(HW), ESP8266 (SDK2.2.0), Sonoff, RFLink, RFXcom, MQTT, NodeRed, Domoticz Beta (from source)

Okko
Domoticz version:

Post by Okko » Sunday 05 August 2018 15:13

It used to work in the previous version 3.6X and you login on the interface of Domoticz. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that has this problem. It used to work brilliant and updating to the latest beta results in this problem.

kiddigital
Domoticz version: 4.9788

Post by kiddigital » Monday 06 August 2018 18:36

I have the same problem. After going from 3.x to 4.97xx beta my iOS 11 links do not work anymore. My dashboard gets loaded but no other icons or menu options work anymore.

Using Safari directly, so no shortcut, it still works.

Must be something with the URL somehow...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
One RPi with Domoticz, RFX433e, aeon labs z-wave plus stick GEN5, ha-bridge 5.1.0 for Alexa
One RPi with Pi foundation standard touch screen to display Dashticz

HSR3
Domoticz version: v4.9700

Post by HSR3 » Wednesday 08 August 2018 21:41

I have the same problem. After installation of version v4.9700 domoticz at first showed correctly on my MBP. But after a short while the information disappeared showing only a blank screen with an empty selection box in the upper left corner. Same on the iPad and iPhone. It didn't matter if I started from a web browser or from a home screen icon. Domoticz, however was running correctly as could be seen in a SSH terminal.

I figured out that clearing the browser history and cookies on the MBP and iPad did bring the domoticz interface back to live when starting from a browser. Home screen shortcuts still don't work. A solution for the home screen shortcuts would be appreciated.