Domoticz stops working (Fix)

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
theberminator
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Domoticz stops working (Fix)

Post by theberminator » Wednesday 01 August 2018 17:20

Hi all,

I have Domoticz running on a Raspberry pi 3 and connected an RFLink to it. I've had some issues with Domoticz stopping to work, without any error in the logs and RFLink stopping to work randomly (from after a few hours to after a day or so). Pretty frustrating when your home lights etc. are relying on this system.. After some Googling I found out that more people suffered from this problem and basically nothing seemed to help..

1: What I have done is replace the power supply with a 3A version.
2: Disabled WIFI power management. (http://thelowercasew.com/disabling-wifi ... ent-230032) -> DYOR because this method is definitely not the easiest way to do it!

The WIFI power management seemed to be a pretty annoying feature which can easily be turned off. The reason I write this is so that it might help other people struggling with te same issues I had. The system works stable for a few days now since I did this change so it seems that the solution works..

I''ll update this status when it crashes again or if it is stable for about a week :lol:

Keywords:
Crash, Domoticz, RFLink, Stops, Random, Freeze, No error log

poudenes
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8993

Re: Domoticz stops working (Fix)

Post by poudenes » Friday 03 August 2018 15:50

For Stretch version i use this:

Code: Select all

nano /etc/rc.local

sleep 5
iwconfig wlan0 power off
RPi3 with OSMC - RPi3 with Domoticz - Dashticz - MiLight - Nanolead Aurora - KaKu - Logitech Hamony - Nest - RFLink

theberminator
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Post by theberminator » Monday 06 August 2018 10:46

Domoticz is still running without any issues. I guess this finally was the fix for my problem! :D

rolleyfernandes
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Post by rolleyfernandes » Saturday 11 August 2018 14:06

You can also dive into openHAB. Very flexible and powerful. Things, items and rules paradigm is easy to understand.

The Downside is that you should edit the configuration manually to get most out of it.

With JSP223 you can also snapin JS or Python as language for rules.