lighting 5 kangtai / cotech motion sensor sends 'Off' value when detecting movement

edgarhildering
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

lighting 5 kangtai / cotech motion sensor sends 'Off' value when detecting movement

Post by edgarhildering » Sunday 08 July 2018 15:16

Hi All,

The subject line says it pretty well, I think. My RFXcom (ext2/vs1024), domoticz v4.9700 detects my PIR sensor as lighting 5 Kangtai / cotech. As soon as movement is detected, an Off value is reported by Domoticz. I am expecting een On value. In case of receiving an On value I can make domoticz generate an Off value after 5 seconds.

Any suggestions here? Any likewise experiences?

greetings, --Edgar
Raspberry PI running Domoticz 4.9700
PIRs + lightswitches
thermometers + heating control
hygrometers + dehumifiers

Ramnol
Domoticz version:

Re: lighting 5 kangtai / cotech motion sensor sends 'Off' value when detecting movement

Post by Ramnol » Tuesday 17 July 2018 9:49

Hi Edgar,

I have the same problem with two sensors (WOFEA PIR Sensor) working with the lighting 5 Kangtai/Cotech protocal and didn't find a solution yet.
Luckily one of the two sensors works also with the lighting 4 PT2262 protocol. With this protocol the sensor gives a continues ON value but, like you suggested, domoticz generates an OFF value after 15 second (in my settings).
Did you find a solution yet?

Greetings Gus.

PS. I tested the sensors with RFLink. There was no problem at all. Both sensors were recognized as light/switch EV1527.
Maby I'm wrong but I think this is a RFXCOM problem.

b_weijenberg
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Re: lighting 5 kangtai / cotech motion sensor sends 'Off' value when detecting movement

Post by b_weijenberg » Tuesday 17 July 2018 12:47

The sensor has probably an EV1527 or PT2262 chip. The protocol used by these chips is Lighting4 and produces a 24 bit value. If the format and pulse timing is about the same as used by another protocol like CoTech it can be decoded as such.
The Kerui sensors are listed as supported and correct decoded.
RFXtrx433, RFXtrx433E

Ramnol
Domoticz version:

Post by Ramnol » Wednesday 18 July 2018 9:43

@b_weijenberg.
Thanks for your reply.
RFXCOM can decode the motion sensor. That isn't the problem. The code from the sensors, using the CoTech protocol, result in a OFF signal in Domoticz. So you don't see if a motion detection has been registered. However in the log file from the sensor you can see the detection with the time when that happened.
My question: is there a workaround to see the detection with the CoTech protocol as a ON signal.
Thanks in advance.

Greetings Gus.

b_weijenberg
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Post by b_weijenberg » Wednesday 18 July 2018 9:58

The sensor transmits a packet with the same code as the CoTech OFF.
Maybe an option to create a virtual sensor and set this device to On by a script when an Off is detected.
RFXtrx433, RFXtrx433E

edgarhildering
Domoticz version:

Post by edgarhildering » Sunday 22 July 2018 14:54

Hi Guys,
There is always a possibility to catch the off-signal in a lua script and turn a motion sensor (virtual device) on: it 'negates' the 'off' to 'on' which can then be turned 'of' again after 10 secs or so. I have done lots of tricks in LUA, so that is not the problem. But as Gus (@ramnol) says: is there a workaround to see the detection with the CoTech protocol as a ON signal? Because that is how you expect motion to be detected: ON if there is motion, OFF when there is no motion (anymore).

greetings --Edgar
Raspberry PI running Domoticz 4.9700
PIRs + lightswitches
thermometers + heating control
hygrometers + dehumifiers