esxi domoticz

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
anno
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: all

esxi domoticz

Post by anno » Sunday 08 July 2018 13:41

I try to get domoticz working on a esxi with vm ubuntu server.

I have already running a combination of windows, workstation, ubuntuserver and domoticz. This is working great.

I have the problem that i can't get to the web-interface of the domoticz running on esxi.

I did try lynx, ifconfig, re-installation, other ip, other port.
Lynx, i can get from this vm (on esxi) to the domoticz running on workstation (other pc). Also getting webpages, as tweakers.net. But localhost or the domoticz ip (esxi) both not working. Error lynx is can't get a connection with gindse pc.

I have already running on this pc with esxi pfsense and pihole (on an ubuntu server).

So the vm has network connection both inside as outside. (updating ubuntu is working also).
If you all need more information, than you, domoticz makers need to give me the tools.

mrf68
Domoticz version: 3.4834

Re: esxi domoticz

Post by mrf68 » Tuesday 10 July 2018 8:04

Check if the firewall on ubuntu accepts incoming traffic on port 8080, or whatever port you set in domoticz for its webinterface.

bbqkees
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8x

Post by bbqkees » Tuesday 10 July 2018 9:49

Maybe you have the wrong libssl version. There are a few topics on this forum that deal with this. If the version of this lib is wrong and combined with certain versions of Domoticz this will make the web interface inaccessible.

Are you also sure that Domoticz is running?
Intel NUC-> Philips Hue, Aeon Zwave stick V2, Qubino, Fibaro, Everspring, Philio, RFXCom, X10, Harmony Hub, Xiaomi Flora + Gateway, BS440. And P1 / Resol VBus / Nefit EMS bus / DHT21 / DS18B20 / Sonoff / I2C display, all via Arduino/ESP8266.

anno

Post by anno » Tuesday 10 July 2018 11:53

mrf68 wrote:
Tuesday 10 July 2018 8:04
Check if the firewall on ubuntu accepts incoming traffic on port 8080, or whatever port you set in domoticz for its webinterface.
The status of the ubuntu server firewall is disabled (this is default)
If you all need more information, than you, domoticz makers need to give me the tools.

anno

Post by anno » Tuesday 10 July 2018 11:58

bbqkees wrote:
Tuesday 10 July 2018 9:49
Maybe you have the wrong libssl version. There are a few topics on this forum that deal with this. If the version of this lib is wrong and combined with certain versions of Domoticz this will make the web interface inaccessible.

Are you also sure that Domoticz is running?
I do know of this problem and i myself did read about it on this forum. I also try to install before posting this topic to install version 1.0.0 of libssl but this version was already installed. So i didn't need to do anything about this. Domoticz service is indeed running (as the same way it does on my working domoticz that is running on ubuntu server within workstation).

bbqkees
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8x

Post by bbqkees » Tuesday 10 July 2018 16:35

Ok.

Can you do a check with the following to see if there even is a service listening on 8080?

Code: Select all

sudo netstat -tnlp
Intel NUC-> Philips Hue, Aeon Zwave stick V2, Qubino, Fibaro, Everspring, Philio, RFXCom, X10, Harmony Hub, Xiaomi Flora + Gateway, BS440. And P1 / Resol VBus / Nefit EMS bus / DHT21 / DS18B20 / Sonoff / I2C display, all via Arduino/ESP8266.

anno

Post by anno » Tuesday 10 July 2018 20:13

bbqkees wrote:
Tuesday 10 July 2018 16:35
Ok.

Can you do a check with the following to see if there even is a service listening on 8080?

Code: Select all

sudo netstat -tnlp
If i need to see as result the port of domoticz than no it isn't there.

Also i did take a closer look at the service domomitcz.sh status command. And i see the following error:

domoticz.sh[863]: /home/user/domoticz/domoticz: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-01.so.4: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
system[1]: started LSB: Home Automation System.
(domoticz.sh is active, running)

anno

Post by anno » Tuesday 10 July 2018 20:22

I got it:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/311401/ ... bit-system

to install libusb use sudo apt-get install libusb-0.1-4

I don't know why it was not installed. But it is now and domoticz is running, webinterface is also working now.