MySQL Support

Use this forum to discuss possible implementation of a new feature before opening a ticket.
A developer shall edit the topic title with "[xxx]" where xxx is the id of the accompanying tracker id.
Duplicate posts about the same id. +1 posts are not allowed.
Silenus
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.9381

MySQL Support

Post by Silenus » Thursday 05 July 2018 21:40

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, searching for just MySQL gave me a lot of results so it's possible I totally missed it.
Is there ever been talked about adding MySQL support?

I'm running a 3-node MariaDB with Galera cluster at home for all my database related servers/vm's/etc, and to make Domoticz compatible with a MySQL backend would be really nice.

Let me know what you guys think.

Egregius
Domoticz version: Beta

Re: MySQL Support

Post by Egregius » Thursday 05 July 2018 22:12

Depends on what you want to do. It's not that hard to push sensor data to mysql. I only do it for thermometers, the rest I don't care about.

Silenus
Domoticz version: 3.9381

Re: MySQL Support

Post by Silenus » Friday 06 July 2018 8:10

So, what I want to do is that everything that needs a database can use my redundant MySQL cluster.
When I ran domoticz on an OrangePi a few months ago, I had an sd card die and that caused all my data being gone (didn't have a backup at the time).

I built this MySQL cluster just so I always have a backup and I can reinstall any server/vm/orangepi without messing around with the data in a database which is stored locally on a host.