Battery Operated device not included correctly

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
boblablah
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Stable

Battery Operated device not included correctly

Post by boblablah » Wednesday 13 June 2018 19:57

Hi all,

I have recently had some water escape, and as a result, grabbed a couple z-wave water leak sensors from amazon. They are the Dome brand.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LXR0B8Q/ is the exact model I have. When I include them to my aeon z-stick gen 5 the stick and the device report proper adding (at least by the flashing of the lights). When I go look at the hardware end, I can see the devices are there, but they are not added correctly. They have a device of 0x0000 a type of 0x0000 no manufacturer nor any description. They are listed as sleeping. Since they have no real information returned, I assume this is why they are not added as any kind of device to enable or disable.

OZWCP reports them as "Notification Sensor".

I have excluded/removed the devices a couple times trying to re-add them hoping for better results. No change in what I get or see.

I am running domoticz 3.9562.

any ideas besides returning the product?

gizmocuz
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta

Re: Battery Operated device not included correctly

Post by gizmocuz » Thursday 14 June 2018 7:15

Could you post a screenshot of the node overview that includes your node ? (one line or all)

It might be that there is currently not yet a openzwave configuration file for this device

Did you include it 'secure' ?

If you force it to detect water, do you see anything in the log ?
Quality outlives Quantity!

LouiS22
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta

Post by LouiS22 » Wednesday 20 June 2018 10:16

boblablah wrote:
Wednesday 13 June 2018 19:57
Hi all,

I have recently had some water escape, and as a result, grabbed a couple z-wave water leak sensors from amazon. They are the Dome brand.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LXR0B8Q/ is the exact model I have. When I include them to my aeon z-stick gen 5 the stick and the device report proper adding (at least by the flashing of the lights). When I go look at the hardware end, I can see the devices are there, but they are not added correctly. They have a device of 0x0000 a type of 0x0000 no manufacturer nor any description. They are listed as sleeping. Since they have no real information returned, I assume this is why they are not added as any kind of device to enable or disable.

OZWCP reports them as "Notification Sensor".

I have excluded/removed the devices a couple times trying to re-add them hoping for better results. No change in what I get or see.

I am running domoticz 3.9562.

any ideas besides returning the product?
According to OZW github, the device is supported (https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave ... onfig/dome). Make sure you exclude the node (not by deleting it), then restart your stick. How did you include the node: from domoticz, or manually?

boblablah
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by boblablah » Wednesday 04 July 2018 20:31

the add procedure is kind of weird.... If you simply hold the button on the device while your zwave is ready for include it will add. It will add once. it will be garbage, and wrong but the zwave controller will see it. If you hold the button to include it for 3 seconds it will only add incorrectly. if after you have the flashing correctly after the 3 second, you push the button again and again, it will continue to add features as this device and add correctly. This is not in manual.

So hold 3 seconds to make device ready to be included, then set controller to include. Then on device, not controller, press the button repeatedly (i think 6 features/devices is the maximum it will advertise. Hope someone is able to use this and it helps.