How long to wait between commands?

Subforum for general discussions. Do not dump your questions/problems here, but try to find the subforum where it belongs!
binbo
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

How long to wait between commands?

Post by binbo » Tuesday 12 June 2018 21:08

Hi,

When writing events - and you want multiple commands to be sent out:

commandArray['MyOtherDeviceName1']='On'
commandArray['MyOtherDeviceName2']='On'

What delay would you put between commands - to insure they work 100% of the time?

I have two doorbells - (one with rflink, straight after rxcom)

commandArray['Bell1']='On'
commandArray['Bell2']='On after 5'

No “after” and the second device doesn’t sound, but 5 is a long delay. I want to know optimum wait for a 433mhz signal to send?

Thanks so much! :)

DutchHans
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: How long to wait between commands?

Post by DutchHans » Tuesday 12 June 2018 21:28

Its 'Off AFTER 5'...mind the capitals and asaIk there is no ’On after 5’ you could use the on-delay from the switch-settings

waaren
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by waaren » Tuesday 12 June 2018 21:40

In my environment 1 second is enough but there is no such thing as guaranteed working 100% of the time with rflink/rxcom. It is always possible that you get interference from other sources and you do not get a confirmation that the signal is received.
If it is vital that your device receives the signal then you need a protocol that can confirm a received command.
Raspberry (debian stretch via berryboot on Synology DS916+) , Domoticz (almost) latest Beta, , dzVents 2.6, RFLink, RFXtrx433e, P1, Youless, Harmony, Hue, Yeelight, Xiaomi, HomeWizard, Zwave, Amazon echo

binbo
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Post by binbo » Tuesday 12 June 2018 22:59

DutchHans wrote:
Tuesday 12 June 2018 21:28
Its 'Off AFTER 5'...mind the capitals and asaIk there is no ’On after 5’ you could use the on-delay from the switch-settings
@DutchHans the command ‘On AFTER 5’ works fine? It rings the doorbell after 5 seconds.
waaren wrote:
Tuesday 12 June 2018 21:40
If it is vital that your device receives the signal then you need a protocol that can confirm a received command.
Last year - I actually purchased about 10 z-wave sockets - to make a mesh network - but the range was still terrible! It was impossible to reach my garage with z-wave. And actually - the device state was rubbish.

433mhz might only be one way - but the range is fantastic! I’d rather send the command twice and hope the command was received :)

It’s why I’ll never upgrade to new LightwaveRF devices.

I’d love to learn to read raw 433mhz signals and add new devices!