xiaomi gateway disconnect after 24h

Topics (not sure which fora)
when not sure where to post, post here and mods will move it to right forum.
snellejellep
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.97xx

xiaomi gateway disconnect after 24h

Post by snellejellep » Tuesday 22 May 2018 13:39

what i get is when i setup my gateway it connects to domoticz and works perfectly, only after a day or so the gateway loses connectivity to wifi, the status led blinks orange. domoticz does not give any log entry of not being able to connect to the gateway but it shows offline in the app and domoticz does not get any updates from my sensors. when i unplug the gateway and plug it back in the app says it sees a new device, when i set it up it connects to wifi again and it remembered all of my sensors and reports them to domoticz perfectly. but only for another 24 hours or so and then in disconnects again. i use ubiquiti ap ac lite accesspoints and the gateway is plugged in to an outlet 20 centimeters from the accesspoint without anything in between so wifi signal should not be an issue at all, anyone suggestions of what it can be?
raspberry pi | xiaomi gateway/vacuum | yeelight | philips hue | zwave |ubiquiti unifi | harmony

SweetPants
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: V4.9701

Re: xiaomi gateway disconnect after 24h

Post by SweetPants » Tuesday 22 May 2018 14:31

snellejellep wrote:
Tuesday 22 May 2018 13:39
the gateway is plugged in to an outlet 20 centimeters from the accesspoint without anything in between so wifi signal should not be an issue at all
This is not completely true. You can also oversteer a receiver when too close to the transmitter
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, Intel NUC, MySensors 2.3.0-alpha, Pro Mini 3.3/8M RFM69(HW), ESP8266 (SDK2.2.0), Sonoff, RFLink, RFXcom, MQTT, NodeRed, Domoticz Beta (source)

snellejellep

Post by snellejellep » Tuesday 22 May 2018 14:45

SweetPants wrote:
Tuesday 22 May 2018 14:31
snellejellep wrote:
Tuesday 22 May 2018 13:39
the gateway is plugged in to an outlet 20 centimeters from the accesspoint without anything in between so wifi signal should not be an issue at all
This is not completely true. You can also oversteer a receiver when too close to the transmitter
so what you are saying is that i should move the gateway a little further away from the accesspoint?
it is an interesting thing, never heared of that but i will try, thanks!
raspberry pi | xiaomi gateway/vacuum | yeelight | philips hue | zwave |ubiquiti unifi | harmony

snellejellep

Post by snellejellep » Wednesday 23 May 2018 14:03

@SweetPants unfortunately moving the gateway did not help. i reconfigured the gateway yesterday and this morning when i checked it was blinking again and domoticz was not receiving any updates. and within my unifi controller i saw it was no longer connected to wifi.

SweetPants
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: V4.9701

Post by SweetPants » Wednesday 23 May 2018 14:15

Well if your gateway disconnects from WiFi, you can't blame domoticz for that. Maybe you can fiddle with the WiFi settings to get a stable WiFi connection first.
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, Intel NUC, MySensors 2.3.0-alpha, Pro Mini 3.3/8M RFM69(HW), ESP8266 (SDK2.2.0), Sonoff, RFLink, RFXcom, MQTT, NodeRed, Domoticz Beta (source)

snellejellep

Post by snellejellep » Thursday 24 May 2018 8:11

i will see what i can change in the gateway regarding to the wifi settings this evening. i hope that there is something i can do. but i do not think that it is wifi related because the gateway seems to reset itself except for forgetting the sensors but it does lose its name and all the settings.

snellejellep

Post by snellejellep » Friday 25 May 2018 12:55

i noticed the app i used to set it up was an old, old version, version 5, so i updated the app and made sure to set the server to china mainland, something i had not configured with the old version, that was europe. but it still made no difference unfortunately

matt
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 2.2657

Post by matt » Saturday 14 July 2018 10:59

Did you figure this out in the end?

I'm getting the same issue, the gateway will randomly lose wifi connection, can be once a day or once a week. When it loses connection it says something in Chinese, I'll then go to the app and re-add it - wifi settings and all the devices are still set.