For that reason I started to write an global API in Python based on Domoticz API/JSON URL's which can be used in Python Plugins. At this moment it is possible to:
- Get all kind of properties from Domoticz, like sunset, sunrise, Domoticz version, update available, etc.
- Add Dummy hardware in Domoticz
- Update, delete and check existence Hardware
- Add, update, delete and check existence of Devices
- Update values of the Devices
- Create, update, delete and check existance User variables
- Send Notifications
- Execute server commands, like Reboot, Shutdown, and Log a message in Domoticz log
- And much more!!!
Please feel free to use this and add the missing functionality.
Source can be found at: Xorfor/Domoticz-API
API has now a beta status. Device class is ready. I am now able to add hardware and add devices to that hardware. Look on the Device wiki for more information. Description of the found values of the Device is not complete and examples of updating different device types will be completed in the near future.
Also some general functions are added to convert temperature to other units.
Still strugling to get the Hardware and Devices classes clear. I added a Warnings page for other developers to avoid pitfalls in the naming conventions of the Domoticz JSON URL's and unexpected/inconsequent values returned by the Domoticz JSON API. Also a brief description of the 'undocumented' Domoticz JSON API URL's can be found on this Wiki page.