Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Python and python framework
Joopie2525
Posts: 1
Joined: Friday 25 May 2018 23:17
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Nederland
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by Joopie2525 » Friday 14 September 2018 20:59

I also got it working through the beta version of Domoticz and imported an SP3s.
On / off, usage electric works perfectly.
Only general, kWh is not registered. Does anyone know how to get this working?

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Tuesday 02 October 2018 17:02

It seems I have all the files in the proper folder (I use plugin v4) and Python 3.5 on domoticz version v4.9700. After several reboots I can't see Broadlink in the hardware list. How can I check if I did everything right?

Edit:
Something perhaps worth mentioning is the comment on the wiki to use the chmod +x command on the 4 files (plugin.py etc). This command is not possible here and I don't know why. Perhaps this prevents it from executing?
ls -l command on plugin.py says: -rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 318819 Oct 2 17:23 plugin.py

Does that say something about my issue?

mantoz
Posts: 30
Joined: Sunday 12 November 2017 23:23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by mantoz » Tuesday 02 October 2018 22:45

henk99 wrote:
Tuesday 02 October 2018 17:02
Something perhaps worth mentioning is the comment on the wiki to use the chmod +x command on the 4 files (plugin.py etc). This command is not possible here and I don't know why. Perhaps this prevents it from executing?
ls -l command on plugin.py says: -rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 318819 Oct 2 17:23 plugin.py

Does that say something about my issue?
Henk,
it seems ok, the 'x' letter in '-rwxr-xr-x' means the file already can be executed (respectively by owner, group, and others). Any user on your system can execute that python file, so trying again doing "chmod +x" has no effect.

mantoz

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Wednesday 03 October 2018 9:10

I have to be honest, last night I decided to give up on getting the Broadlink plugs into Domoticz. At the end of last night I apparently did something to break down domoticz completely as it reports offline now, so tonight I will have to make a new domoticz install I guess.

I will say right away that it has to be due to my lack of skills in the linux department that I can't get this to work. People in this topic make it seems so easy, but it's not! Well not to me that is...
I'm following all the guides to the letter. Wiki, this topic, topics on the python install. I'm sorry, but why can't there be an instruction for people like me, that works? Low level...word for word...perhaps even with comments explaining what each line does. I don't want to take anything away from the people who make this stuff, create the plugins, help others in here...it's awesome that people put so much effort in it just to help.

The thing I'm struggling with is understanding it to such a level that I can do this too. I don't have hours to spend on learning linxux programming, so I'm coming to wiki's and fora like these to try and understand enough to get it working. Following guides etc. I realize all to well that I must put in more time probably, or accept that I can't get things like this to work.

knielen
Posts: 3
Joined: Sunday 10 September 2017 9:45
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by knielen » Wednesday 03 October 2018 11:43

henk99 wrote:
Wednesday 03 October 2018 9:10
I have to be honest, last night I decided to give up on getting the Broadlink plugs into Domoticz. At the end of last night I apparently did something to break down domoticz completely as it reports offline now, so tonight I will have to make a new domoticz install I guess.
I don't think you have to do a new install, first remove the Broadlink folder from your plugins folder and try to reboot.

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Wednesday 03 October 2018 12:04

knielen wrote:
Wednesday 03 October 2018 11:43
henk99 wrote:
Wednesday 03 October 2018 9:10
I have to be honest, last night I decided to give up on getting the Broadlink plugs into Domoticz. At the end of last night I apparently did something to break down domoticz completely as it reports offline now, so tonight I will have to make a new domoticz install I guess.
I don't think you have to do a new install, first remove the Broadlink folder from your plugins folder and try to reboot.
I already tried that. Well not the complete folder, but the 4 files in it. The plugin itself so to speak.

fvdp80
Posts: 11
Joined: Tuesday 14 August 2018 8:22
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by fvdp80 » Friday 05 October 2018 8:19

As Knielen says, after removing plugin.py from the broadlink folder and restarting domoticz it should run fine again.

If you want to start all over again, follow my guide on page 15 and the broadlink plugin should work.
I've got it up and running for several weeks now without any problems.

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Friday 05 October 2018 10:51

fvdp80 wrote:
Friday 05 October 2018 8:19
As Knielen says, after removing plugin.py from the broadlink folder and restarting domoticz it should run fine again.

If you want to start all over again, follow my guide on page 15 and the broadlink plugin should work.
I've got it up and running for several weeks now without any problems.
For me that didn't work unfortunately. Perhaps something else was wrong. Anyway, I have done clean install, which doesn't even take too much time if you have a backup of the db. It's running fine now.

Perhaps I will try your guide this weekend. I have been using the OP of this forum and the wiki as the install guide so far and that hasn't worked at all. There is one thing I'm worrying about. When I get these 4 files from the dropbox location, I just right-click them and 'save link as'. Chrome then wants to save a http file, but I select 'all files' and change the .http back to .py extension. These 4 files are saved on a usb stick which I then copy to the rpi. Perhaps there is a much easier way to do this, but I have no idea how to. Perhaps it's possible to do it from the ssh command line in some way? Straight to the Rpi?

fvdp80
Posts: 11
Joined: Tuesday 14 August 2018 8:22
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by fvdp80 » Friday 05 October 2018 12:26

The guides in the Wiki and OP aren't working anymore, use my guide instead.

Use WinSCP for file transfer.
I've attached the right plugin files for you.
Attachments
plugin.rar
Broadlink plugins
(129.11 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Friday 05 October 2018 13:02

fvdp80 wrote:
Friday 05 October 2018 12:26
The guides in the Wiki and OP aren't working anymore, use my guide instead.

Use WinSCP for file transfer.
I've attached the right plugin files for you.
Okay, you have convinced me to try one more time :lol:

Can you guide me a bit more on how to do the WinSCP method please?

fvdp80
Posts: 11
Joined: Tuesday 14 August 2018 8:22
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by fvdp80 » Friday 05 October 2018 13:14

I assume you have a RPI as Domoticz server?

WinSCP makes a SSH connection with your RPI, same as you do with programms like Putty.
WinSCP has an explorer-style GUI where you can select and upload files to specific folders on your RPI.
After uploading make the files executable as described in the guides.

mantoz
Posts: 30
Joined: Sunday 12 November 2017 23:23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by mantoz » Friday 05 October 2018 13:28

fvdp80 wrote:
Friday 05 October 2018 12:26
The guides in the Wiki and OP aren't working anymore, use my guide instead.

Use WinSCP for file transfer.
I've attached the right plugin files for you.
I followed your guide some weeks ago, but unfortunately that didn't make the trick.
Probably the issue lies somewhere between the distribution (I don't have debian stretch) and the python 3 version.
I should probably upgrade to stretch and try again. I'll let you know.
Thank you very much for the guide!

mantoz

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Friday 05 October 2018 13:49

fvdp80 wrote:
Friday 05 October 2018 13:14
I assume you have a RPI as Domoticz server?

WinSCP makes a SSH connection with your RPI, same as you do with programms like Putty.
WinSCP has an explorer-style GUI where you can select and upload files to specific folders on your RPI.
After uploading make the files executable as described in the guides.
Yes, correct. That sounds a lot easier than the copying action I was doing so far. I will try this method this weekend.

Thanks for your help!

fvdp80
Posts: 11
Joined: Tuesday 14 August 2018 8:22
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by fvdp80 » Friday 05 October 2018 14:08

mantoz wrote:
Friday 05 October 2018 13:28

I followed your guide some weeks ago, but unfortunately that didn't make the trick.
Probably the issue lies somewhere between the distribution (I don't have debian stretch) and the python 3 version.
I should probably upgrade to stretch and try again. I'll let you know.
Thank you very much for the guide!

mantoz
Yep, the problem lies with not using stretch. My guide only works for stretch.
I think with using Jessie, Domoticz stable, Python3 it should work. My problems started after updating to stretch.

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Friday 05 October 2018 14:29

fvdp80 wrote:
Friday 05 October 2018 14:08
mantoz wrote:
Friday 05 October 2018 13:28

I followed your guide some weeks ago, but unfortunately that didn't make the trick.
Probably the issue lies somewhere between the distribution (I don't have debian stretch) and the python 3 version.
I should probably upgrade to stretch and try again. I'll let you know.
Thank you very much for the guide!

mantoz
Yep, the problem lies with not using stretch. My guide only works for stretch.
I think with using Jessie, Domoticz stable, Python3 it should work. My problems started after updating to stretch.
I have stretch lite...is that okay?

fvdp80
Posts: 11
Joined: Tuesday 14 August 2018 8:22
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by fvdp80 » Friday 05 October 2018 15:06

Yes, stretch lite is what i'm running too.

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Friday 05 October 2018 21:46

fvdp80 wrote:
Friday 05 October 2018 15:06
Yes, stretch lite is what i'm running too.
Yeah baby! That worked like a charm. Thank you so much. I followed the guide to the letter and it worked right away.

One question I have that you can maybe answer is that I get two items in the utility tab for each sp3s plug. One shows the current power, but the other one doesn't show anything. Any idea why that is?

henk99
Posts: 22
Joined: Thursday 02 March 2017 12:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by henk99 » Tuesday 09 October 2018 11:24

So, I have finally successfully added my Broadlink outlets, but in this process two items per outlet are added to the utilities tab in domoticz.
Broadlink 1.JPG
Broadlink 1.JPG (37.5 KiB) Viewed 496 times
One of these was 'working' right away, displaying the current power usage in Watts (W) and logging it. The second item should be displaying usage I think, according to the text, but nothing is displaying for either outlet. There are some settings which I tried of course, but nothing is happening.
B.JPG
B.JPG (36.58 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Can someone tell me how this works? Do I have to change something in the plugin perhaps?

fvdp80
Posts: 11
Joined: Tuesday 14 August 2018 8:22
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by fvdp80 » Wednesday 10 October 2018 14:25

Great to hear you managed to get it up and running.
Can't help you with that last question. Seems like you have an other Broadlink device than me (RM mini).

AurelioF
Posts: 29
Joined: Wednesday 03 October 2018 18:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Python Plugin : Broadlink RM2 V4

Post by AurelioF » Thursday 11 October 2018 11:19

Hello everyone..
I'm trying to make the plugin work and both in windows and raspbery I do not see the import device, only two devices appear, Command and Remote, plus, in Command device, learn the IR commands well, but it does not seem to learn the RF commands, with the mobile application if it recognizes the RF commands.
Some clue?
Thank you

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ewaldharmsen, heggink and 1 guest