Danfoss RS Room Sensor -> Danfoss LC13 Living Connect

Topics (not sure which fora)
when not sure where to post, post here and mods will move it to right forum.
Json
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Danfoss RS Room Sensor -> Danfoss LC13 Living Connect

Post by Json » Monday 04 September 2017 17:44

Perhaps someone can help a newbie ... I can't search for PS because the string is only two characters.

Background: these are two Z-wave devices, the Danfoss LC13 is a radiator thermostat head with setpoint and thermometer and what I assume is a PID (Proportional/ Integrate / Derivate) control system. The Danfoss PS is a room thermometer and setpoint controller.

I think there's no direct way to associate these two via Z-wave.. correct? ( Neither device has an association group in Setup> Hardware >Z-wave Setup >Node Management )

To control the set point of the LC13 (the radiator valve) should be pretty simple with Lua, right? Just periodically read the value from the Room Sensor and, if it has changed, write it to the LC13.... ? Has someone done it already to save me the testing?

The more tricky issue: is it possible somehow for the radiator head to use the measured temperature of the room sensor for its PID input, so it doesn't measure "room" temperature a mere few inches from the radiator?

Cheers everyone!

sach
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Danfoss RS Room Sensor -> Danfoss LC13 Living Connect

Post by sach » Monday 04 September 2017 22:52

I use the Devolo equivalent trv's and room thermostats.
There is no association between the 2 that I have been able to work out.
I'm not good with coding so have done everything in blocky. Basically the blocky says that if the setpoint is higher than the temperature on room thermostat, set the rev to 28degrees. If it's lower then set it to 15.
I have a blocky for each room set this way (total of 5 zones) and one which says that if any zone requests heat, turn on the boiler.
Worked well last winter as the kids room gets very hot while downstairs it's freezing....but not anymore.

Sach