Domoticz version 3.8153 released (Stable)

News and/or updates regarding Domoticz or things related to Domoticz will be placed here.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Domoticz | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/domoticz | Changelog: Github
RobertK
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153

Re: Domoticz version 3.8153 released (Stable)

Post by RobertK » Monday 19 February 2018 19:54

Where curl gets the _i868 postfix from, I do not know. I -guess- it retrieves it from your local OS (from 'uname -p' maybe), which may return
i868 instead of x86_64 in your installation.

I think it's easier to retrieve that compressed tar file, copy it into your target location, like ~/domoticz, and
then unpack this .tgz file with: 'tar -xzvf domoticz_linux_x86_64.tgz'

fabiotodesco
Target OS: Linux

Post by fabiotodesco » Monday 19 February 2018 22:09

ok this is easier but when i have decopressed the file how to install domoticz. like ./updaterelease?

RobertK

Post by RobertK » Monday 19 February 2018 22:49

The wiki in https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Linux explains how to start/stop/restart your domoticz server from there on.
Follow the steps in the wiki to copy the domoticz.sh shell script to the /etc/init.d and have it started automatically when the system boots.

fabiotodesco

Post by fabiotodesco » Tuesday 20 February 2018 12:34

Sorry but for me not working. In new clean system debian i install the software like a guide (https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Raspberry ... rom_source) up to the line Domoticz Source. Now i create the domoticz directory download the software with wget http://releases.domoticz.com/releases/r ... x86_64.tgz.
Then i decompress the file with the command tar -xzvf domoticz_linux_x86_64.tgz
Now i I follow the guide I follow the guide https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Linux at the point
Option 1: Init.d Method (or at the Option 2).
But when i open the browser at the ip:8080 the message that appear is Domoticz is offline.
if i reboot the system is offline.

if i follow the guide like to Domoticz Source. it works fine but install the last BETA version...

RobertK

Post by RobertK » Tuesday 20 February 2018 23:59

Tonight, I have installed a Debian 9.3 VM as well to see what it does.
My findings so far, until it started successfully:

After retrieving and unpacking the .tgz file into my working directory (/work/domoticz) I did the following:

Code: Select all

# domoticz -h
The output of command mentioned that libssl.so.1.0.0 was missing. I was unable to find it with apt-get so I have downloaded the package from

# wget http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1+deb8u7_amd64.deb
and the installed this one manually using dpkg:

# dpkg -i libssl1.0.0_1.0.1t-1+deb8u7_amd64.deb
Another execution of 'domoticz -h' then showed that libcurl.so.4 was also missing. So, also install libcurl, this time you can use apt-get:

# apt-get install libcurl3
Now make the shell script domoticz.sh executable (note: I did not bother to copy it all to /etc/init.d yet, but just execute it from the working directory):

# chmod +x domoticz.sh
and executed: 'domoticz.sh start'. But it looks like that script may still need some additional modification, because it did not start the server.
(Likely because the script contains some lines that expects it to be run from /etc/init.d and I took the shortcut by just running it in my working directory.
Edit: the script contains some variables that I needed to adjust to reflect my own installation, like USERNAME, SCRIPTNAME and DAEMON.
After setting those correctly, I could also start the server with the script).

But I just ran the 'domoticz' exectuable manually (not the domoticz.sh shell script but the executable itself) with some parameters that are displayed when you execute 'domoticz -h'.
There are a lot of possible options to use, just have a look at those. I took the most simple ones to have a some extra output:

# domoticz -www 8080 -verbose 1
The server now started successfully already and I'm able to connect to it (port 8080) with a web browser.
So, it's a little bit of trial and error, where 'domoticz -h' is your guiding friend.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by RobertK on Wednesday 21 February 2018 0:15, edited 1 time in total.

fabiotodesco

Post by fabiotodesco » Wednesday 21 February 2018 17:25

Oh Robert, so many thanks.
I followed your guide and now all work fine.
I not know why, but the command domoticz -h not work for me, buti i followed the guide
https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Raspberry ... rom_source

up to the point

Build Support for OpenZWave

then followed your guide, and then the first guide at point

Option 1: Init.d Method than first guide.

now i have Debian 9.3 with domoticz v.3.8153 that start at boot

all work great

I'm happy now

thank you so mach

fabiotodesco

Post by fabiotodesco » Wednesday 21 February 2018 17:42

For my curiosity....
Why if i download the tar file that you indicate i not use "make" for install it?

RobertK

Post by RobertK » Wednesday 21 February 2018 20:27

'Make' is the method to use for when you want to compile all the domoticz related source files (the C files) yourself to create your end-product (the domoticz exectuable and related files).
The .tgz files (compressed tar ball) contains the execute-ready domoticz product itself. There is no need for you to compile everything yourself anymore from the source files, someone else already did that job for you :).
So, 'make' is essentially not meant to install a product but merely a method to compile (build) the executables from its C-source files.

kofec
Domoticz version:

Post by kofec » Thursday 22 March 2018 7:44

When we can expect another stable version? Is there any rule e.g half year? Thanks

antwan
Domoticz version: Latest

Post by antwan » Thursday 22 March 2018 9:10

There are No rules.

Could be soon, but all is depending on spare time available by Developpers.
Rasp Pi 2B: 3x DS18S20 (1-wire), BME280 (i2c)
Cubietruck 1: Aeotec Z-Wave+, RFXtrx433E, RFXtrx868, P1 Converter, TE923 display, Voltcraft CO-20, SolarEdge proxy
Cubietruck 2: Aeotec Z-Wave, RFXtrx433E

Peiturn
Domoticz version:

Post by Peiturn » Monday 26 March 2018 7:30

Hi i cant build the latest version, i tried to follow the guide on two different Raspberry Pi and get the same error:

/home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/server.cpp: In constructor ‘http::server::ssl_server::ssl_server(const http::server::s                                                                                                                       sl_server_settings&, http::server::request_handler&)’:
/home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/server.cpp:151:54: error: no matching function for call to ‘boost::asio::ssl::context:                                                                                                                       :context(boost::asio::io_service&, boost::asio::ssl::context_base::method)’
   context_(io_service_, ssl_settings.get_ssl_method())
                                                      ^
In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/context.hpp:757:0,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl.hpp:18,
                 from /home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/connection.hpp:24,
                 from /home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/connection_manager.hpp:16,
                 from /home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/server.hpp:12,
                 from /home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/server.cpp:7:
/usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:326:1: note: candidate: boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::a                                                                                                                       sio::ssl::context&&)
 context::context(context&& other)
 ^~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:326:1: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
/usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:63:1: note: candidate: boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::as                                                                                                                       io::ssl::context_base::method)
 context::context(context::method m)
 ^~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:63:1: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
/home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/server.cpp: In constructor ‘http::server::ssl_server::ssl_server(const http::server::s                                                                                                                       erver_settings&, http::server::request_handler&)’:
/home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/server.cpp:164:93: error: no matching function for call to ‘boost::asio::ssl::context:                                                                                                                       :context(boost::asio::io_service&, boost::asio::ssl::context_base::method)’
   context_(io_service_, dynamic_cast<ssl_server_settings const &>(settings).get_ssl_method()) {
                                                                                             ^
In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/context.hpp:757:0,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl.hpp:18,
                 from /home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/connection.hpp:24,
                 from /home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/connection_manager.hpp:16,
                 from /home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/server.hpp:12,
                 from /home/pi/dev-domoticz/webserver/server.cpp:7:
/usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:326:1: note: candidate: boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::a                                                                                                                       sio::ssl::context&&)
 context::context(context&& other)
 ^~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:326:1: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
/usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:63:1: note: candidate: boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::as                                                                                                                       io::ssl::context_base::method)
 context::context(context::method m)
 ^~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:63:1: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
CMakeFiles/domoticz.dir/build.make:4502: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/domoticz.dir/webserver/server.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/domoticz.dir/webserver/server.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:71: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/domoticz.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/domoticz.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:149: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
I have installed the latest boost libs as the guide said i should but it still doesnt work. Im running latest version of raspbian.

Also you should change the default branch on github from development to master ;)

MarcSch
Domoticz version:

Post by MarcSch » Saturday 28 April 2018 13:31

Hello, I'm trying to follow a few things. Similarly the updates, release notes etc. What amazed me are the overviews of the releases notes. Where can I find these? Why was the last release notes placed in mid-September? Will there be a stable version? Why place info in three different places, it does not make it more clear.
I realize the amount of energy that is put into it, but may it please be clearer.
I see a lot of good input, but do not read this back in a release note.
On to a better world.

Bostjan
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Post by Bostjan » Tuesday 01 May 2018 19:05

kofec wrote:
Thursday 22 March 2018 7:44
When we can expect another stable version? Is there any rule e.g half year? Thanks
I also join to the humble request to developers to release new stable version. My personal opinion is that 10 months of betas is too long and also have few side effects, like things slipping out of short-term memory of developers, which could potentially lead to bugs, etc.

So, thanks again for great work and thumbs up for new stable release...

acaonweb
Domoticz version:

Post by acaonweb » Wednesday 02 May 2018 15:15

is Domoticz dead or is still developed?
non beta to rc on the horizon, problem with raspbian stretch...
whats happening??

jvdz
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by jvdz » Wednesday 02 May 2018 15:19

acaonweb wrote:
Wednesday 02 May 2018 15:15
whats happening??
Are you serious? :-)
The GITHUB stats of the last month on the development branch:
Excluding merges, 16 authors have pushed 138 commits to development and 138 commits to all branches. On development, 149 files have changed and there have been 9,753 additions and 5,331 deletions.
Jos

acaonweb
Domoticz version:

Post by acaonweb » Wednesday 02 May 2018 17:00

well, i'm just wondering how beta is still beta :)
When beta will be released as Stable?

in order to have dzvents updated to 2.4.0 i should install beta but i don't want...
and i've read that there are still problem with raspbian...

jvdz

Post by jvdz » Wednesday 02 May 2018 17:17

Just read through the issues reported in the bugs forum or GitHub and you know how stable/unstable Beta still is, which probably also depends which Hardware/Devices you have in use.
I am running different versions of Beta on my Main (v3.8793) and Test (V3.9269) raspberry/domoticz setup and they are both stable performing for my used devices.

Jos

lost
Domoticz version:

Post by lost » Thursday 03 May 2018 6:15

acaonweb wrote:
Wednesday 02 May 2018 17:00
well, i'm just wondering how beta is still beta :)
When beta will be released as Stable?

in order to have dzvents updated to 2.4.0 i should install beta but i don't want...
and i've read that there are still problem with raspbian...
Current stable, with old openssl lib, runs with stretch. The only problem I have is this signal 6 error (other users have) that from times to times (ranging between 15 days to 2 month uptime) kills domoticz. I have to restart the service.

My raspbian is a minimal version, installed with no graphics support (my PI install is headless, just used a keyboard/screen for early install steps). Just a minimal X11 support (with package xvfb) to allow using graphical apps (xterms or editors mainly) remotely, from a ssh connection with X11 forwarding, for convenience for scripting/administrative tasks directly done on the PI.

Well, for something up 24/7, the less software stacks you have, the more stable it is. + less consumption because GPU side of the SoC never kicks-in.

Bostjan
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Post by Bostjan » Thursday 03 May 2018 16:29

jvdz wrote:
Wednesday 02 May 2018 15:19
acaonweb wrote:
Wednesday 02 May 2018 15:15
whats happening??
Are you serious? :-)
The GITHUB stats of the last month on the development branch:
Excluding merges, 16 authors have pushed 138 commits to development and 138 commits to all branches. On development, 149 files have changed and there have been 9,753 additions and 5,331 deletions.
Jos
It might be there are a lots of commits, but the fact that there hasn't been a stable release for 10 months, remains. What good is the product if you have beta on beta on beta on beta,...And then you end up with 15 betas and every of them has something broken... I seriously doubt that new things added 8 months couldn't have been tested enough. It's a matter of approach, but if something could not get fixed in 8 months, then simply don't include it in stable release - but do to hold stable releases indefinitely.
It's also a matter of personal believes, but I'm for less features and more stable product oppose to tons of features in the product which gets so buggy it eventually gets unusable.
My humble advice would be to make stable releases more frequently as it also means that it has less new features (which are tested) and consequently less possibility for bugs - in this way things are much more under control.

And again, thanks to all contributors and developers.

jvdz

Post by jvdz » Thursday 03 May 2018 16:36

I merely commented on the suggestion/question whether the project was dead and have no dealings with the development of Domoticz itself, so can't comment whether it would be feasible to go more towards a continuous deployment model rather than the current "rename Beta to Production" method. ;)

Jos