Cheap chinese z-wave products

For Z-Wave related questions in Domoticz
AimoPaukku
Posts: 31
Joined: Saturday 28 January 2017 10:35
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Stable
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by AimoPaukku » Wednesday 28 March 2018 21:20

NAS-SC01ZE https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEO-Coo ... 0.0.guZRS4

Shown at domoticz as: Unknown Neo CoolCam Unknown: type=0003, id=108b Neo CoolCam

I cant ged Configuration

At devices i can found Three switches
One is ch1
Two is also ch1
Three is ch2

rrozema
Posts: 124
Joined: Thursday 26 October 2017 13:37
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Delft
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by rrozema » Wednesday 28 March 2018 23:08

AimoPaukku wrote:
Wednesday 28 March 2018 21:20
NAS-SC01ZE https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEO-Coo ... 0.0.guZRS4

Shown at domoticz as: Unknown Neo CoolCam Unknown: type=0003, id=108b Neo CoolCam

I cant ged Configuration

At devices i can found Three switches
One is ch1
Two is also ch1
Three is ch2
For that device to do more than you see now, you first need to install domoticz beta and then exclude and re-include the device. The stable version doesn't have the required configuration files so it isn't properly recognised by openzwave. In the stable version you should however still be able to toggle the both switches on and off from domoticz. You should only use switch 2 and 3. 1 may be of use once you do get to the configuration for the device ( for now in beta only), but you can do very well without it. I've got 5 of these devices installed now (I am on beta) and they all work great, apart from the fact that I can't get the 2nd channel to operate properly from an associated device.

AimoPaukku
Posts: 31
Joined: Saturday 28 January 2017 10:35
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Stable
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by AimoPaukku » Thursday 29 March 2018 15:08

rrozema :D THANK YOU i got it working with beta and those annoyin blue leds off.

Is there any meters available?

rrozema
Posts: 124
Joined: Thursday 26 October 2017 13:37
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Delft
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by rrozema » Thursday 29 March 2018 17:58

AimoPaukku wrote:
Thursday 29 March 2018 15:08
rrozema :D THANK YOU i got it working with beta and those annoyin blue leds off.

Is there any meters available?
No metering in these devices

JohnBoy32
Posts: 16
Joined: Friday 04 March 2016 10:23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by JohnBoy32 » Saturday 31 March 2018 17:51

rrozema wrote:
Wednesday 28 March 2018 14:43
rowanbradley wrote:
Wednesday 28 March 2018 14:02
Has anyone seen a chinese (cheap) z-wave temperature sensor? Neo doesn't seem to have one on their pages.

Thanks - Rowan
Neo's NAS-PD02Z is sometimes advertised as having a temperature sensor and its priced as 20.84 a.t.m ((link)). I have not tested this device myself though and one the "Official Coolcam Store" the device is sold but there is no mention of a temperature sensor in it.

One cheap sensor from another brand and store is Z-wave Temperatuur & Vochtigheid Sensor Smart Home EU Versie 868.42 mhz Z wave Smart detector. Proced at 20.60 euro. Also for this one I can't talk from experience; I haven't tested the device nor the store. This store does have lots of coupons, so you may get an even better price. Let us know your experience on the device and the store if you decide to buy it :-).
From personal experience I can confirm the Neo is working fine with temperature. The device looks exactly the same as the PIR-only but it is measuring temperature (for me every 5 minutes) without any trouble.
This is one: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 4e68IyjtUa
But there is also another one somewhere on Ali.
See feedback; multiple domotica-users are happy with it.

rowanbradley
Posts: 33
Joined: Wednesday 07 March 2018 21:28
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 3.9025
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk, UK
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by rowanbradley » Saturday 31 March 2018 18:17

I don't really call this cheap. I have 15 rooms in my house that potentially need temperature control. To fit one of these in each of these rooms is going to cost me over £300. I don't see why such a sensor needs to contain more than an 8466 chip, a DS18B20 temperature sensor, a 3V coin battery, and not much else, so it ought to be cheaper than this.

JohnBoy32
Posts: 16
Joined: Friday 04 March 2016 10:23
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by JohnBoy32 » Saturday 31 March 2018 21:46

rowanbradley wrote:
Saturday 31 March 2018 18:17
I don't really call this cheap. I have 15 rooms in my house that potentially need temperature control. To fit one of these in each of these rooms is going to cost me over £300. I don't see why such a sensor needs to contain more than an 8466 chip, a DS18B20 temperature sensor, a 3V coin battery, and not much else, so it ought to be cheaper than this.
Interesting opinion.
We are talking about zwave?
As far as I know to produce wave-products you have to pay a contribution to use the use "license", the standard and/or get certification.
https://z-wavealliance.org/join/
I do not know for sure but can imagine that the zwave-chip has to be bought centrally and is likely not the cheapest one.

433Mhz temp-sensors you can buy for +/- $ 10 (or less?). But that's really a different level of quality/approach..... :lol:

rrozema
Posts: 124
Joined: Thursday 26 October 2017 13:37
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Delft
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by rrozema » Sunday 01 April 2018 8:59

Plus, you can put those pir sensors in every room to use easily to reduce energy costs. I turn off automatically many of my lights when the following condition is met: the light is on and the pir is off and lastupdatetime on the pir in that room is more than 10 minutes old. My pirs are configured to turn off after 5 minutes, so a forgotten light is turned off automatically after 15 minutes of no activity in the room. The lights can still be controlled manually and will not turn off while you're in the room. I save on electricity because no lights are left on needlessly. You could do a similar thing for the heating in a room (maybe use a longer grace period) and save more by automatically heating only those rooms that are actually used. This way of automatically turning off devices can easily be combined woth either manual control or timer schemas like for example turn on the heating in the bathroom at 7:45 if you have to get up at 8:00. The activity detection will turn it off when everyone has visited the bathroom.

rowanbradley
Posts: 33
Joined: Wednesday 07 March 2018 21:28
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 3.9025
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk, UK
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by rowanbradley » Sunday 01 April 2018 14:10

Thanks for those comments. Yes, I was thinking Z-Wave. You can use Z-Uno or the upcoming Z-Uno-Mini to avoid those Z-Wave licencing costs. And the ZM5101 chip costs £8.88 one off from Digikey (but much lower prices in large volume of course).

Yes, rrozema, those are all the benefits that I hope to gain by fitting temperature sensors, PIRs and remote controlled radiator valves in all my rooms. I'm just trying to find the most cost effective way of achieving this.

Why do so many suppliers integrate humidity sensors with temperature sensors? What is the benefit of having a humidity reading for each room? How do I incorporate humidity into my heating rules, with what benefit?

Thanks - Rowan

AimoPaukku
Posts: 31
Joined: Saturday 28 January 2017 10:35
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Stable
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by AimoPaukku » Sunday 01 April 2018 16:24

AimoPaukku wrote:
Thursday 29 March 2018 15:08
rrozema :D THANK YOU i got it working with beta and those annoyin blue leds off.

Is there any meters available?
... and this beta broke all my blocky events. SHIT.
This was my problem 6months ago, and still it aint work... will go back to stable ... again... :evil:

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 497
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by LouiS22 » Sunday 01 April 2018 18:53

rowanbradley wrote:
Sunday 01 April 2018 14:10
Thanks for those comments. Yes, I was thinking Z-Wave. You can use Z-Uno or the upcoming Z-Uno-Mini to avoid those Z-Wave licencing costs. And the ZM5101 chip costs £8.88 one off from Digikey (but much lower prices in large volume of course).

Yes, rrozema, those are all the benefits that I hope to gain by fitting temperature sensors, PIRs and remote controlled radiator valves in all my rooms. I'm just trying to find the most cost effective way of achieving this.

Why do so many suppliers integrate humidity sensors with temperature sensors? What is the benefit of having a humidity reading for each room? How do I incorporate humidity into my heating rules, with what benefit?

Thanks - Rowan
Good luck with that. Maybe you'll get them one day, then you have to program it, find a housing, have ro solve the powering issues, and then try to implement them into domoticz (openzwave to be precise). And that'll take a lot of time. And time is money. So if you only need a temp+hum sensor, why not pick up some 433mhz ones? They're as cheap as 10 euros.

rrozema
Posts: 124
Joined: Thursday 26 October 2017 13:37
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Delft
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by rrozema » Monday 02 April 2018 19:18

Humidity sensors are very usefull! I use them to automate my ventilation system and my house has become much healtier since I installed this.

User avatar
sincze
Posts: 988
Joined: Monday 02 June 2014 22:46
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by sincze » Thursday 05 April 2018 12:47

Just received this nice tip from a friend (including evidence).
Don't unplug / replug while switched on. :D it is bad for your health AND the plug.
Or it could just be a production error (red wire)
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-01 at 12.00.26.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-01 at 12.00.26.jpeg (182.66 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
Using Pass2php since 2016-12
LAN: RFLink, P1-Port, OTGW, MySensors
USB: RFXCom, ZWave
WIFI: Mi-light Wifi-Bridge, Sonoff, ESP8266, Xiaomi Gateway
Solar: Omnik Inverter, PVOutput
Video: Kodi clients with Harmony HUB
Sensors: You name it I probably got 1.

User avatar
Derik
Posts: 2183
Joined: Friday 18 October 2013 23:33
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: BETA
Location: Arnhem/Nijmegen Nederland
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by Derik » Saturday 07 April 2018 16:46

rowanbradley wrote:
Saturday 31 March 2018 18:17
I don't really call this cheap. I have 15 rooms in my house that potentially need temperature control. To fit one of these in each of these rooms is going to cost me over £300. I don't see why such a sensor needs to contain more than an 8466 chip, a DS18B20 temperature sensor, a 3V coin battery, and not much else, so it ought to be cheaper than this.

perhaps modify a Xiaomi doorcontact, [ on the forum are there some examples ]
So you can use your old switches...
Break the magnet
solder 2 wires
end of 2 wires tot your old switches.
And you can switch a devices in domoticz
And you can use your home switches
when you search on the web.. for les then €8 per switch:-)
Forks fine by me, for 6 switches
Xu4: Beta Extreme antenna RFXcomE,WU Fi Ping ip P1 Gen5 PVOutput Harmony HUE SolarmanPv OTG Winddelen Alive ESP Buienradar MySensors WOL Winddelen counting RPi: Beta SMAspot RFlinkTest Domoticz ...Different backups

User avatar
gielie
Posts: 239
Joined: Tuesday 12 January 2016 12:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: latest β
Location: The Netherlands (Alkmaar)
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by gielie » Sunday 08 April 2018 21:46

rowanbradley wrote:
Saturday 31 March 2018 18:17
I don't really call this cheap. I have 15 rooms in my house that potentially need temperature control. To fit one of these in each of these rooms is going to cost me over £300. I don't see why such a sensor needs to contain more than an 8466 chip, a DS18B20 temperature sensor, a 3V coin battery, and not much else, so it ought to be cheaper than this.
If you can afford a house with 15 rooms some extra temp sensors shouldn’t be a problem.
- Vision ZU1401 USB Stick
- Aeotec MultiSensor 6
- FIBARO FGS222
- FIBARO FGWPE Wall Plug
- Everspring AN157
- Neo CoolCam Power plug
- Neo CoolCam PIR Sensor
- Popp Smoke Detector
- Toon
- Kodi Media Server

ActionHenk
Posts: 20
Joined: Monday 05 March 2018 4:15
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by ActionHenk » Saturday 14 April 2018 22:21

rrozema wrote:
Wednesday 28 March 2018 14:43
rowanbradley wrote:
Wednesday 28 March 2018 14:02
Has anyone seen a chinese (cheap) z-wave temperature sensor? Neo doesn't seem to have one on their pages.

Thanks - Rowan
Neo's NAS-PD02Z is sometimes advertised as having a temperature sensor and its priced as 20.84 a.t.m ((link)). I have not tested this device myself though and one the "Official Coolcam Store" the device is sold but there is no mention of a temperature sensor in it.

One cheap sensor from another brand and store is Z-wave Temperatuur & Vochtigheid Sensor Smart Home EU Versie 868.42 mhz Z wave Smart detector. Proced at 20.60 euro. Also for this one I can't talk from experience; I haven't tested the device nor the store. This store does have lots of coupons, so you may get an even better price. Let us know your experience on the device and the store if you decide to buy it :-).

I have both,

3 x neo coolcam pir sensor with temp

and 1 x Heiman Temperature Humidity Sensor HS1HT-Z

The neo coolcam pir sensors do work but are not regonized yet in the last domoticz stable build :( so i can't make any config settings yet.
022 (0x16) pir xxxx Neo CoolCam Unknown: type=0003, id=108d Neo CoolCam 0x108d 0x0003 2018-04-14 15:38:42 Nee

021 (0x15) pir xxxx Neo CoolCam Unknown: type=0003, id=108d Neo CoolCam 0x108d 0x0003 2018-04-14 15:38:09 Nee

020 (0x14) pir xxxx Neo CoolCam Unknown: type=0003, id=108d Neo CoolCam 0x108d 0x0003 2018-04-14 21:31:09 Nee
The heiman z-wave sensor however is not usable to trigger any heat or cooling events, it logs every 5 minuts and is sometimes dead untill a big change of temperature or humidity occures. It is powered by a cr2450 flat battery so probably it is in battery saving mode most of the time. I was kinda dissapointed by this heiman temp z-wave sensor, you can't make any settings at all. I think its good for knowing what temp it is in a room, nothing more. Better use a sonoff with tasmota for triggering heath events, tasmota firmware is able to log every second if you want.

I also have 2 heiman smoke detectors, i'm stil testing them and they seem to do okay but, they trigger alarm on for 10 minuts!!! so it's a bit annoying. They also trigger a siren in my house, and that siren is sounding for 10 minuts! I could make the bloclky event set the siren on for 2 minuts, but then hey maybe i miss the sound just by a second. So not really sure what i should think of those heiman smoke detectors. I also had them trigger for no reason at all, but that was when i did heavy testing with my vaporizer. It seems like they sometimes delay trigger events and sends them 10 or 20 minuts later over the z-wave network. Hours later after stopping heavy testing with the smoke detectors they don't trigger randomly. I also used the other trigger device with id ending xxxx29, but those devices are horrible for trigging any event. So the device id ending on xxxx00 is the best to use.

terrorsource
Posts: 60
Joined: Wednesday 10 May 2017 17:57
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by terrorsource » Saturday 28 April 2018 20:23

I've received a couple of Neo CoolCam Motion Sensor v2 (model NAS-PD02ZT) with Temp-sensors
Temp-sensors are working fine in Domoticz, Lux-meter isn't shows as a device of this sensor while it should have a lux-meter in it.

Running "Stable" release, not the beta at the moment.

After a sync (3x inside button) it shows the Lux meter as "Unknown" in Domoticz.

Tinge76
Posts: 3
Joined: Friday 31 January 2014 22:18
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by Tinge76 » Thursday 17 May 2018 18:15

LouiS22 wrote:Hi folks,

I've stumbled upon this one yesterday while surfing on Aliexpress: http://www.szneo.com/en/products/index.php?id=38

At first, it looks like... well, Fibaro? :) The specs are fine, I found them on Z-Wave Alliance website as well. And their prices are more than charming.

To make it better: there are other chinese oem manufacturers trying to sell their products on Ali - have a search on them.
These products are working well. Have couple of the pir sensors.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Newbee....

rowanbradley
Posts: 33
Joined: Wednesday 07 March 2018 21:28
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 3.9025
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk, UK
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by rowanbradley » Thursday 17 May 2018 18:54

Fibaro claims to be Z-Wave, so I bough a temperature sensor, assuming that I could access it from Domoticz, but when it arrived, I found that I could not communicate with it via any means that I could discover. I have a feeling that it said somewhere that it operated at 2.4GHz, which is not Z-Wave. It might be Bluetooth, or it might be WiFi, or it might be some proprietary protocol. It seems you have to buy a Fibaro controller in order to communicate with individual Fibaro devices, which is obviously unnecessary and wasteful if you are using Domoticz. I felt cheated, and wrote Fibaro off as a usable solution for what I want. I'm currently exploring whether I can use the Maxim DS18B20, either connected to a OneWire dongle plugged into my PC, or interfaced to a Z-Uno (hopefully mini, if it ever appears), or interfaced to a Raspberry Pi, or interfaced to ESPeasy. None of these are working yet, but that's the direction I'm headed in.

Thanks - Rowan

u01pei
Posts: 54
Joined: Sunday 04 January 2015 17:17
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Cheap chinese z-wave products

Post by u01pei » Thursday 17 May 2018 19:07

rowanbradley wrote:
Thursday 17 May 2018 18:54
Fibaro claims to be Z-Wave, so I bough a temperature sensor, assuming that I could access it from Domoticz, but when it arrived, I found that I could not communicate with it via any means that I could discover. I have a feeling that it said somewhere that it operated at 2.4GHz, which is not Z-Wave. It might be Bluetooth, or it might be WiFi, or it might be some proprietary protocol. It seems you have to buy a Fibaro controller in order to communicate with individual Fibaro devices, which is obviously unnecessary and wasteful if you are using Domoticz. I felt cheated, and wrote Fibaro off as a usable solution for what I want. I'm currently exploring whether I can use the Maxim DS18B20, either connected to a OneWire dongle plugged into my PC, or interfaced to a Z-Uno (hopefully mini, if it ever appears), or interfaced to a Raspberry Pi, or interfaced to ESPeasy. None of these are working yet, but that's the direction I'm headed in.

Thanks - Rowan
Fibaro also has a line for apple homekit, so my guess is that you can find your device on your iPhone app "Home" (or whatever the name is).
But Fibaro is mostly known for their z-wave products, which work like a charm with domoticz...... if your domoticz setup has a z-wave radio installed of course!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests