Colour picking Yeelight

Kasvand
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Colour picking Yeelight

Post by Kasvand » Wednesday 20 September 2017 15:32

I'm quite new to Domoticz. Trying to set things up but I'm getting stuck with the rgb yeelight...
With the Domoticz interface I can set colours, however there's a strange issue. There's no warm white available... when moving the colour picker from bright yellow to (cold) white the colour changes gradually (as expected), up untill a certain point where it all of a sudden switches from still quite yellow to cold white.... any ideas why this is? Nb. this is not a defect in the Yeelight bulb - with the Yeelight app I can pick all warm white colours without any issues.

Also, is there a way to control the colour of Yeelights in Lua scripts? Or possibly even in blockly without the need of using preset groups?

Thanks

deennoo
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: beta

Re: Colour picking Yeelight

Post by deennoo » Thursday 21 September 2017 19:32

Domoticz doesn't manage white temp...have a look to YeeLight Api, and domoticz YeeLight wiki, your answer are here
Domoticz stable 3.5877 for real & Domoticz beta for test
Rfxtrxe / RFLink / Milight / Yeelight / ESP8266 / MQTT / BLE
http://domo-attitude.fr

Kasvand
Domoticz version:

Post by Kasvand » Thursday 21 September 2017 23:03

I've been spending hours on this by now... I really can't figure it out... On Domoticz wiki there's a warm white slider script for Yeelight using the API, however - that script only works in Linux, and at this point I have Domoticz running in Windows...
It's really quite a pain in the ass, so to speak... I can only have my light in Cold white or bright yellow/orange... Both are not really suitably for a regular light in my living room... So, this is currently turning out to be quite a show-stopper making the entire Domoticz suite useless (since lights will currently be the most important thing I'll be using in Domoticz).

When looking at the API information from Yeelight I see it should all be possible... And it doesn't even seem to hard. I'm not a software developer though - so have absolutely no clue what to do with this API information and how to implement it in my Windows based Domoticz suite... :/

deennoo
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: beta

Post by deennoo » Friday 22 September 2017 0:17

I'm not à software dev too (i made the script) i just spend Time to Read and understand.

Are you sure thé script can be run with windows ? What the probleme
Domoticz stable 3.5877 for real & Domoticz beta for test
Rfxtrxe / RFLink / Milight / Yeelight / ESP8266 / MQTT / BLE
http://domo-attitude.fr

Kasvand
Domoticz version:

Post by Kasvand » Friday 22 September 2017 7:56

The script really clearly says: does not work in Windows (" Important note : Those scripts will not work on the windows version of Domoticz" ). And it makes a lot of sense since it's filled with UNIX/Linux commands ;) Windows will not understand those. But I can give it a shot when excluding those - or trying to find alternative commands for Windows. But I was hoping someone already cracked this puzzle... (No use for inventing the wheel a second time, right? )
Last edited by Kasvand on Friday 22 September 2017 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

jannl
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by jannl » Friday 22 September 2017 8:28

Not sure if this helps: https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... kzKZukdbMQ (link to youtube)

Kasvand
Domoticz version:

Post by Kasvand » Friday 22 September 2017 11:28

jannl wrote:
Friday 22 September 2017 8:28
Not sure if this helps: https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... kzKZukdbMQ (link to youtube)
Thanks! I'll check that soon... (not right now since I'm at work).

schumi2004
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:

Post by schumi2004 » Saturday 25 November 2017 2:23

deennoo wrote:
Friday 22 September 2017 0:17
I'm not à software dev too (i made the script) i just spend Time to Read and understand.

Are you sure thé script can be run with windows ? What the probleme
Since you wrote the script do you think we can mod it to change groups instead of a single bulb?
Or change color instead of only white temp?

NegerT
Domoticz version: 3.8153

Post by NegerT » Wednesday 13 December 2017 8:39

I have a script for my Hue and Yeelights combined on a windows installation.
You can check it out at:
http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic ... 52#p161352