machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post Reply
landaisbenj
Posts: 132
Joined: Wednesday 02 August 2017 18:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: stable
Location: France
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by landaisbenj » Tuesday 17 July 2018 12:57

FYI It's work good for me in french.
Platforme: Rpbi3b
Domoticz: Last stable
Bridge: RFLINK last stable

poudenes
Posts: 513
Joined: Wednesday 08 March 2017 10:42
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8993
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by poudenes » Tuesday 17 July 2018 21:07

EdddieN wrote:
Monday 16 July 2018 17:35
Before upload to zeplin, what do you think about this:
(ignore it says dashboard), we put all the quick access like log, timers, etc... with icons.
Dashboard.png

and add the selector as a drop down menu option:
Switchers v2.png

The only thing: We need to be very careful as this is starting to get a bit too intimidating very quickly by the amount of options. Happy to leave them on the Switches, temperature, etc... and leave the Dashboard super simple. What do you think?
I Like this style !!!
RPi3 with OSMC - RPi3 with Domoticz - Dashticz - MiLight - Nanolead Aurora - KaKu - Logitech Hamony - Nest - RFLink

User avatar
EdddieN
Posts: 380
Joined: Wednesday 16 November 2016 12:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by EdddieN » Tuesday 17 July 2018 22:24

I think as remb0 said, we best leave both options there.

Just trying to keep up with you guys! What do you think about this for long titles:
OPTION 1
Weather Dundonald.png
Weather Dundonald.png (42.88 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Limit amount of text and big blue values

OPTION 2
Weather garden.png
Weather garden.png (44.21 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Smaller blue values and put one on top of the other

Also notice that the tile menu (if we decide to keep it?) is now horizontal instead of vertical.
Any preferences?
11101101 - www.machinon.com

User avatar
EdddieN
Posts: 380
Joined: Wednesday 16 November 2016 12:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by EdddieN » Tuesday 17 July 2018 22:25

Multiselector,

On screen scrolling works really well, but on touch devices may not... what about this?
office 2.png
office 2.png (35.76 KiB) Viewed 649 times
11101101 - www.machinon.com

User avatar
EdddieN
Posts: 380
Joined: Wednesday 16 November 2016 12:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by EdddieN » Tuesday 17 July 2018 22:50

OPTION 3 (my preferred)
Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 21.46.23.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 21.46.23.png (45.85 KiB) Viewed 642 times
11101101 - www.machinon.com

User avatar
DewGew
Posts: 237
Joined: Thursday 21 April 2016 12:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: V4.9741
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by DewGew » Wednesday 18 July 2018 7:47

EdddieN wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 22:25
Multiselector,

On screen scrolling works really well, but on touch devices may not... what about this?
office 2.png
EdddieN wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 22:50
OPTION 3 (my preferred)
Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 21.46.23.png
I vote for this.. Looks great
Raspberry Pi 2B - domoticz - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - RFlink gateway
NanoPi NEO-air - domoticz - REGO6XX interface
Dashticz V2 - Homebridge

User avatar
DewGew
Posts: 237
Joined: Thursday 21 April 2016 12:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: V4.9741
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by DewGew » Wednesday 18 July 2018 8:36

landaisbenj wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 12:57
FYI It's work good for me in french.
Congrats on the world cup victory :)
Is on/off in french also?
Raspberry Pi 2B - domoticz - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - RFlink gateway
NanoPi NEO-air - domoticz - REGO6XX interface
Dashticz V2 - Homebridge

User avatar
EdddieN
Posts: 380
Joined: Wednesday 16 November 2016 12:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by EdddieN » Wednesday 18 July 2018 9:29

Small tweaks to the servings page, updated to Zeplin
Image
Last edited by EdddieN on Wednesday 18 July 2018 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
11101101 - www.machinon.com

landaisbenj
Posts: 132
Joined: Wednesday 02 August 2017 18:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: stable
Location: France
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by landaisbenj » Wednesday 18 July 2018 9:33

DewGew wrote:
Wednesday 18 July 2018 8:36
landaisbenj wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 12:57
FYI It's work good for me in french.
Congrats on the world cup victory :)
Is on/off in french also?
Lol thanks 🙏🏻 xD we happy!!

Yes it's on/off too
Platforme: Rpbi3b
Domoticz: Last stable
Bridge: RFLINK last stable

landaisbenj
Posts: 132
Joined: Wednesday 02 August 2017 18:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: stable
Location: France
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by landaisbenj » Wednesday 18 July 2018 9:50

For 3 maybe more integration between bigtext and status?

Selector looks really great!!! 👍🏻 in my phone, mine is functional. But it's without js. It's just a width max block. iPhone automatically hide scroll bar.
AEC0D19D-4B91-42E5-8F30-BA0917187761.jpeg
AEC0D19D-4B91-42E5-8F30-BA0917187761.jpeg (69.33 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Platforme: Rpbi3b
Domoticz: Last stable
Bridge: RFLINK last stable

landaisbenj
Posts: 132
Joined: Wednesday 02 August 2017 18:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: stable
Location: France
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by landaisbenj » Wednesday 18 July 2018 9:52

And in this way I think we must replace all scroll bar of the site :)
Platforme: Rpbi3b
Domoticz: Last stable
Bridge: RFLINK last stable

User avatar
EdddieN
Posts: 380
Joined: Wednesday 16 November 2016 12:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by EdddieN » Wednesday 18 July 2018 10:31

DewGew wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 12:36
I have an issu with switches, what makes the text turns to a toggle switch?

When I use english language switch looks like this:
switch_english.jpg

When I use my language swedish, the switch look like this:

switch_swedish.jpg
Same here, tried in Spanish and everything goes into text:
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 09.30.02.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 09.30.02.png (157.5 KiB) Viewed 585 times
11101101 - www.machinon.com

blauwebuis
Posts: 350
Joined: Wednesday 21 December 2016 10:11
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: current
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by blauwebuis » Wednesday 18 July 2018 10:53

Looking good! Great work on the settings page. How did you deal with the wildly different and messy html on the other settings pages? (electricity variables for example).

I prefer image number 2, but I would mix it with number 3:
- In my opinion vertical dots are the best because they are the standard all over the web. Perhaps place those far right, next to the name, so there is no empty space above the name anymore.
- Next, I would make the value underneath it as large as in image number 3.

If you look at the Aurora theme I changed the position of the value (bigtext) based on the screenwidth.

Also feel free to take some javascript from Aurora for things:
- The technical names of items are now three parters, with comma's in between. Gizmozus has said he wants to remove the whole thing from being displayes. In Aurora I've shortened it to just the last part, like "on/off" or "dimmer".
- I personally prefer the 'last seen' version in Aurora where it says how long ago it has last seen a device. But I also know there are a lot of users that prefer the current method. In either case I opted to remove the 'last seen' text itself, as that is pretty self explanatory I think.
Last edited by blauwebuis on Wednesday 18 July 2018 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DewGew
Posts: 237
Joined: Thursday 21 April 2016 12:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: V4.9741
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by DewGew » Wednesday 18 July 2018 11:04

EdddieN wrote:
Wednesday 18 July 2018 10:31
DewGew wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 12:36
I have an issu with switches, what makes the text turns to a toggle switch?

When I use english language switch looks like this:
switch_english.jpg

When I use my language swedish, the switch look like this:

switch_swedish.jpg
Same here, tried in Spanish and everything goes into text:
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 09.30.02.png
I created an issue on github https://github.com/EdddieN/machinon-dom ... /issues/10
Raspberry Pi 2B - domoticz - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - RFlink gateway
NanoPi NEO-air - domoticz - REGO6XX interface
Dashticz V2 - Homebridge

landaisbenj
Posts: 132
Joined: Wednesday 02 August 2017 18:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: stable
Location: France
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by landaisbenj » Wednesday 18 July 2018 11:36

blauwebuis wrote:
Wednesday 18 July 2018 10:53
Looking good! Great work on the settings page. How did you deal with the wildly different and messy html on the other settings pages? (electricity variables for example).

I prefer image number 2, but I would mix it with number 3:
- In my opinion vertical dots are the best because they are the standard all over the web. Perhaps place those far right, next to the name, so there is no empty space above the name anymore.
- Next, I would make the value underneath it as large as in image number 3.

If you look at the Aurora theme I changed the position of the value (bigtext) based on the screenwidth.

Also feel free to take some javascript from Aurora for things:
- The technical names of items are now three parters, with comma's in between. Gizmozus has said he wants to remove the whole thing from being displayes. In Aurora I've shortened it to just the last part, like "on/off" or "dimmer".
- I personally prefer the 'last seen' version in Aurora where it says how long ago it has last seen a device. But I also know there are a lot of users that prefer the current method. In either case I opted to remove the 'last seen' text itself, as that is pretty self explanatory I think.
Thanks for your feedback. Your's really important too because aurora is really impress !!

I prefere number 2 too, but 3 can be greater.

Thanks for your help with aurora.

@DewGew, this is ma setting page !! i like it very well :D
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (74.92 KiB) Viewed 561 times
Platforme: Rpbi3b
Domoticz: Last stable
Bridge: RFLINK last stable

User avatar
EdddieN
Posts: 380
Joined: Wednesday 16 November 2016 12:31
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by EdddieN » Wednesday 18 July 2018 12:23

blauwebuis wrote:
Wednesday 18 July 2018 10:53

Also feel free to take some javascript from Aurora for things:
Here is a crazy thought and keep in mind I'm no coder so I do not know the complexity of this... but from what I have seen Aurora has a lot of UI customisation. Can we work towards perhaps standardisation / merging? I can see is not easy task but keeping a long term vision towards that may help making thins more "transferable".

The reason I mention this, is because I love the style of the machinon them on a browser and phone. However when I put it on a wall tablet... it is just a bit too white so I'm playing with a dark theme of the same. This would allow the user to select which mode they prefer, however this leaves me with another challenge:
- in mobile an browser I prefer white
- on wall tablet I prefer dark
- same instance of Domoticz serving two themes at once? :D

This is where the customisation of Aurora comes very handy

Just sharing some thoughts... :geek:
11101101 - www.machinon.com

wizzard72
Posts: 76
Joined: Friday 20 December 2013 8:45
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by wizzard72 » Wednesday 18 July 2018 12:41

I like this theme.

Is it possible to combine switches, energy values, etc. into one entry? So if a switch or dimmer has the capability to measure energy, can we merge this into one entry?

landaisbenj
Posts: 132
Joined: Wednesday 02 August 2017 18:12
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: stable
Location: France
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by landaisbenj » Wednesday 18 July 2018 13:17

EdddieN wrote:
Wednesday 18 July 2018 12:23
it is just a bit too white so I'm playing with a dark theme of the same.
Lol, I will be in way to ask it !
Platforme: Rpbi3b
Domoticz: Last stable
Bridge: RFLINK last stable

poudenes
Posts: 513
Joined: Wednesday 08 March 2017 10:42
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 3.8993
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by poudenes » Wednesday 18 July 2018 21:17

landaisbenj wrote:
Wednesday 18 July 2018 11:36
blauwebuis wrote:
Wednesday 18 July 2018 10:53
Looking good! Great work on the settings page. How did you deal with the wildly different and messy html on the other settings pages? (electricity variables for example).

I prefer image number 2, but I would mix it with number 3:
- In my opinion vertical dots are the best because they are the standard all over the web. Perhaps place those far right, next to the name, so there is no empty space above the name anymore.
- Next, I would make the value underneath it as large as in image number 3.

If you look at the Aurora theme I changed the position of the value (bigtext) based on the screenwidth.

Also feel free to take some javascript from Aurora for things:
- The technical names of items are now three parters, with comma's in between. Gizmozus has said he wants to remove the whole thing from being displayes. In Aurora I've shortened it to just the last part, like "on/off" or "dimmer".
- I personally prefer the 'last seen' version in Aurora where it says how long ago it has last seen a device. But I also know there are a lot of users that prefer the current method. In either case I opted to remove the 'last seen' text itself, as that is pretty self explanatory I think.
Thanks for your feedback. Your's really important too because aurora is really impress !!

I prefere number 2 too, but 3 can be greater.

Thanks for your help with aurora.

@DewGew, this is ma setting page !! i like it very well :D

Capture.PNG
After last git pull (5 min ago) i cant access settings tab
RPi3 with OSMC - RPi3 with Domoticz - Dashticz - MiLight - Nanolead Aurora - KaKu - Logitech Hamony - Nest - RFLink

User avatar
bueno79
Posts: 88
Joined: Wednesday 08 March 2017 11:26
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: France
Contact:

Re: machinon theme - (work in progress)

Post by bueno79 » Wednesday 18 July 2018 21:35

wizzard72 wrote:
Wednesday 18 July 2018 12:41
I like this theme.

Is it possible to combine switches, energy values, etc. into one entry? So if a switch or dimmer has the capability to measure energy, can we merge this into one entry?
it is a big issue for me in domoticz. Switch and energy split AND multiple control for heater (one for temp, one for mode, one for wind). We need to find a way to merge multiple in one.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests