Controlicz - Domoticz to Google Home/Assistant integration Topic is solved

Alexa, Google Home and Siri
Bighouse
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Controlicz - Domoticz to Google Home/Assistant integration

Post by Bighouse » Saturday 09 June 2018 20:04

Did you gave the devices a location in the room planner thingy?

jpvaneijk
Domoticz version: V3.9564

Post by jpvaneijk » Saturday 09 June 2018 20:16

I first need to see them in GH app before I can do that. Do you mean in Domoticz somewhere?
They first must be visible in Controlicz before they become visible in de GH app. Before that there's no way to assign them to a room, right?
Thanx for the reply!

jpvaneijk

Post by jpvaneijk » Saturday 09 June 2018 21:35

Wait, wait...
Bighouse, it looks like I'm moving on...
In the Domoticz app my Milights were in 'Livingroom'. The Hub however wasn't. Now al the Hub activity's are in this room.
Checked Controlicz et voila! There they were. So far your my hero Bighouse!

Next step is how I tell Google Home what to do!

Thanx man!

rrraf
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:

Post by rrraf » Saturday 09 June 2018 22:56

rrraf wrote:
Friday 08 June 2018 10:21
Google assistant can access Controlicz without any issues, but Google Home keeps telling me Controlicz is unavailable :-/
unlinking and relinking Controlicz fixed the problem... but only after doing so for every accounts linked to my Google Home devices. fixing 3 accounts out of 4 would still end up with errors on all accounts :-/

Controlicz devices where fully available and controllable through the Google assistant (on phones).

jpvaneijk

Post by jpvaneijk » Sunday 10 June 2018 15:14

Hi Guys,
In my floorplan I've got 2 rooms. 1 plan for Lights (Milights) and one plan for my mediacentre (Harmony Hub).
Before I had the Harmony Hub in a room, it wasn't showing in Controlicz. In GH I said 'turn all lights on' en GH responded: 'Turning 5 lights on'
Now the Harmony hub is in a room and all activity's are showing in Controlicz. When I say: 'Turn all lights of' GH responce is 'Turning 13 lights off'. Thats including TV. Sometimes the TV sets to another activity.

I Controlicz the Type for the lights is Color Switch and for the Hub's activity's it's Lighting 2.
In the Google/Alexa column however they are all 'Light'.

Is that the problem? How do I fix this?

Thanx!
Attachments
Controlicz 3.jpg
Controlicz 3.jpg (114.16 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

NeoMod
Domoticz version: Latest β

Post by NeoMod » Sunday 10 June 2018 16:55

Madgeni wrote:
Thursday 07 June 2018 19:15
Can you switch your phone to English and try again?

So i'm clear, is there anyone NOT using Italian that is having issues?

it seems like a google app update broke Italy :(

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... googlehome
Hi Madgeni, sorry for the late reply but it's been a a busy week at work. :?

I have tried almost everything I could think of, and I did the same on other devices to be sure: changing language unfortunately did not solve the issue.

I even downgraded/updated the Google App after changing language but to no avail: the “My Home” menu will not come back.
In the meantime, Controlicz is still functional trough GA commands except for some BUG on Google side that I will discuss later.

Other applications (HUE, NetAtmo, eWeLink) ahave been going up-and-down for the last days: almost every GA user in Italy (also those using Google Home or Home Mini without Domoticz/Controlicz) are reporting the same issues.

Currently I found out only two possible solutions:

1) a full reset of both Phone Settings and Google Account Settings: thus, starting the configuration as a "new phone" (pretty much the same also after a full wipe+ROM Update) one have to select both Language and Region to English (USA). This leads to the reappearance of “My Home” menu, but it will require (for Italian users) a detailed configuration of Google App in order to have Italian search results and Italian voice prompt.

2) second solution might work, but not for everyone: basically after following a full reset to English (as described in point 1) one could try adding Italian as a Second Language globally and then, after being sure that everything is up to sync, move the Italian to the first place of the “Used Languages” leaving English in second position. This should lead to keeping all GA features having back the Italian language and suggested contents in Google and Google Chrome.

After a lot of searching, thanks to your input, I was able to find a third “workaround” but it is annoying because it requires a few more steps, I really wish Google would fix this. It’s discussed below (sorry for the very long post, I wanted to write everything in one place)

A temporary solution (I hope) for those unwilling to proceed with (1) and for those where the trick discussed at point (2) is not working, is to do the following:

- Install Google Assistant Application
- Tap on the top right icon
- Scroll the “Explore” section to the bottom
- Tap on “All Categories”
- Select the “Home Control” category
- Find any example related to Controlicz and select it
- From the Main Page, tap the “Configuration” blue button just below Controlicz image
- Finally, you’ll be back to the old “Home Control” menu that disappeared under GA Settings.

I hope this might help.
Akerboom wrote:
Friday 08 June 2018 8:54
My "Home Control" menu was gone as well. Resetting the language to English (US) and "hey Google, sync my devices" got the menu back.

Still got the "Sorry I can't reach Controlicz" message when switching devices though. Had to unlink and relink Controlicz in Google assistent.

Now all is good again 👍
Hi Akerboom, by “resetting the language” you mean the procedure that I tried at point (1) ? If so try also the procedure in (2), maybe it will help getting, back full access.
rrraf wrote:
Saturday 09 June 2018 22:56
rrraf wrote:
Friday 08 June 2018 10:21
Google assistant can access Controlicz without any issues, but Google Home keeps telling me Controlicz is unavailable :-/
unlinking and relinking Controlicz fixed the problem... but only after doing so for every accounts linked to my Google Home devices. fixing 3 accounts out of 4 would still end up with errors on all accounts :-/

Controlicz devices where fully available and controllable through the Google assistant (on phones).
I’ve found out that when the error message from Google states that “SERVICE_NAME is unavailable” the most promising approach is to keep issuing the “Sync my Devices” command some times during the day. Like you, removing and adding again all account lead only to an incredible amount of errors for me: the problem has to be fixed on Google side, we can’t do much more unfortunately :-/

NeoMod

Post by NeoMod » Sunday 10 June 2018 17:03

Google Assistant and Room Name

As part of my search on how to solve the problem discussed above, I stumbled upon a consistent number of users that reported an anomalous behavior of Google Assistant when asked to trigger Switches and/or execute Scenes assigned to Default Rooms.

It appears that using a combination of predetermined names (for devices) and predetermined rooms (for assigning those devices) leads to the unusual response “I am sorry, but I don’t understand what device you are talking about”.

I had this problem since the beginning with many devices imported from Domoticz that used common name suggested by GA (although they were assigned to a custom room) and with standard devices assigned to pre-made rooms.

After changing their names (and the room) to something different from defaults I was able to control everything.

(I had this problem with my Thermostat and I erroneously thought It was related to Controlicz. )

I hope this might help figure out some of the other problems with GA.

NeoMod

Post by NeoMod » Sunday 10 June 2018 17:15

jpvaneijk wrote:
Sunday 10 June 2018 15:14
Hi Guys,
In my floorplan I've got 2 rooms. 1 plan for Lights (Milights) and one plan for my mediacentre (Harmony Hub).
Before I had the Harmony Hub in a room, it wasn't showing in Controlicz. In GH I said 'turn all lights on' en GH responded: 'Turning 5 lights on'
Now the Harmony hub is in a room and all activity's are showing in Controlicz. When I say: 'Turn all lights of' GH responce is 'Turning 13 lights off'. Thats including TV. Sometimes the TV sets to another activity.

I Controlicz the Type for the lights is Color Switch and for the Hub's activity's it's Lighting 2.
In the Google/Alexa column however they are all 'Light'.

Is that the problem? How do I fix this?

Thanx!
Is is “sort of” a problem: actually the way Google perceives devices presented by Controlicz is somewhat “limited” due to the high possible combination of devices in existence and the official support from Google. As explained by Madgeni:
Madgeni wrote:
Saturday 26 May 2018 20:42
Hi -
currently Controlicz can handle Switches/lights/Thermostats - vacuums to come shortly.
If Google add solar panels/electricity producing devices, i'll make sure it's in Controlicz
Madgeni wrote:
Tuesday 05 June 2018 17:49
hi -
Controlicz will take all devices in all room plans. Google has a hard limit of 120 devices (this may change) - just make sure the Domoticz user you provide Controlicz has access to all the devices (edit users>set devices).
Madgeni wrote:
Wednesday 06 June 2018 11:17
Hi - custom modes have still not been released - and the Custom Actions aren't available to the Smart Home API
Regarding your problem, I would suggest (if possible) to use different names for your devices: something more precise and different from default names (see also here viewtopic.php?f=69&t=20029&start=1380#p183126).

This way you should avoid the confusion, although I’m not sure this will completely solve the issue with the turn off/turn on all command since different devices (as your TV) are mapped as a light switch and so might still be confused by Google.

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Sunday 10 June 2018 18:40

Re: to turn those things discovered as ‘Lights’ to switches - can you change the image in the device in domoticz to the ‘Generic’ image and check your profile again?
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com - https://twitter.com/Controlicz

NeoMod

Post by NeoMod » Sunday 10 June 2018 18:47

Madgeni wrote:
Sunday 10 June 2018 18:40
Re: to turn those things discovered as ‘Lights’ to switches - can you change the image in the device in domoticz to the ‘Generic’ image and check your profile again?
You did it! Again :lol:

It worked: by changing the device in Domoticz (and issuing the sync command to GA) now Google can correctly identify those switches and also respond about their state.
Generic Switch.png
Generic Switch.png (57.3 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Conrolicz Light to Switch.png
Conrolicz Light to Switch.png (3 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

jpvaneijk

Post by jpvaneijk » Sunday 10 June 2018 21:44

In the Switchestab I can choose a different icon for a device. But I can't save it?
In the Switchestab I've got two rooms. Only the activity's of the Harmony hub (room = MediaCentre) are visible. The room for the Milghts (Livingroom) is empty? For sure that the Light-activity's are in that room...
When I go to the Switchestab it starts as 'Room: All', but it's empty?
Am I missing something over here?

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Sunday 10 June 2018 21:58

In Domoticz, you can change the icon for the device
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com - https://twitter.com/Controlicz

jpvaneijk

Post by jpvaneijk » Sunday 10 June 2018 22:16

Change the icon in the device switchestab, right?
When I choose the generic icon I cannot press save. It won't save..

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Monday 11 June 2018 22:33

jpvaneijk wrote:
Saturday 09 June 2018 12:43
I'm not sure if anyone is following up on my issue but to be sure:
My Domoticz was on English so to be sure I changed it to Dutch. It didn't change anything, so it's back to English again.
I unlinked and linked Controlicz from my Google Home and I got the lights back again but stil no Harmony Hub Activity's.
I must be missing something! Anything's welcome guys!
Hey :)
Do all harmony hub devices show as subType AC?
I’ll look to add them in - do they just behave as on/off switches?

Akerboom
Target OS: -
Domoticz version:

Post by Akerboom » Monday 11 June 2018 23:06

NeoMod wrote:
Sunday 10 June 2018 16:55

Hi Akerboom, by “resetting the language” you mean the procedure that I tried at point (1) ? If so try also the procedure in (2), maybe it will help getting, back full access.
In just switched languages from Dutch to English. Don't know if it was part of my solution.

jpvaneijk

Post by jpvaneijk » Tuesday 12 June 2018 21:27

Madgeni wrote:
Monday 11 June 2018 22:33
jpvaneijk wrote:
Saturday 09 June 2018 12:43
I'm not sure if anyone is following up on my issue but to be sure:
My Domoticz was on English so to be sure I changed it to Dutch. It didn't change anything, so it's back to English again.
I unlinked and linked Controlicz from my Google Home and I got the lights back again but stil no Harmony Hub Activity's.
I must be missing something! Anything's welcome guys!
Hey :)
Do all harmony hub devices show as subType AC?
I’ll look to add them in - do they just behave as on/off switches?
Took a wild shot and did a complete reinstall on my Pi en reinstalled Domoticz. No results sadly.
Yep, all the actvity's in my hub show as subtype AC. And they do behave as on/off switches.
The Milights are placed in a different room (lichten) then de Hub's activitys (Mediacentre). However, in the switches-tab 'Lichten' show no switches and 'Mediacentre' show all actvity's.
If I want to change the icon of an hub-activity in the switchestab I can select, but cannot save.
Also I don't seem to be able to upload a custom icon.

Any bright ideas? Thanx!

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Wednesday 13 June 2018 14:32

jpvaneijk wrote:
Tuesday 12 June 2018 21:27
Took a wild shot and did a complete reinstall on my Pi en reinstalled Domoticz. No results sadly.
Yep, all the actvity's in my hub show as subtype AC. And they do behave as on/off switches.
The Milights are placed in a different room (lichten) then de Hub's activitys (Mediacentre). However, in the switches-tab 'Lichten' show no switches and 'Mediacentre' show all actvity's.
If I want to change the icon of an hub-activity in the switchestab I can select, but cannot save.
Also I don't seem to be able to upload a custom icon.

Any bright ideas? Thanx!

can you check your Profile devices tab again, and try a 'Sync my devices' in Google?

jpvaneijk

Post by jpvaneijk » Wednesday 13 June 2018 15:24

Check devices: see attachment.
GH: OK Syncing devices for Controlicz (done)

Now if I say: 'Turn on all lights' the TV also starts. They are in different rooms but in Controlicz (Google/Alexa) they're all 'Light'.
Attachments
Domiticz.png
Domiticz.png (83.31 KiB) Viewed 982 times

jpvaneijk

Post by jpvaneijk » Wednesday 13 June 2018 15:26

Controlicz.png
Controlicz.png (32.93 KiB) Viewed 981 times

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Wednesday 13 June 2018 15:32

ok, in your GH, is TV showing as a light, or a switch?