Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration Topic is solved

Alexa, Google Home and Siri
Madgeni
Posts: 1273
Joined: Friday 25 March 2016 18:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Madgeni » Saturday 14 July 2018 16:41

PHIL63 wrote:
Saturday 14 July 2018 14:21
Hi,
since yesterday (or more don't know) I can't add new device in Controlicz.
I add a new device in Domoticz (with or without a friendly name in description), the device works fine.
I add this device in a floor plan, no problem.
If a go in Alexa app (on PC or on Android) and try to find a new device the result is "No new device found".
I have try to deactivate the Controlicz skill
I try to forget all device in the list
No problem to connect to Controlicz, I access Domoticz using https port etc etc...
All that I do has the same result : No new device found.
It's like Alexa left the scan before it was over.
Please, note that before I have no problem to add a new device and that all works fine with my other devices (blinds, lights etc..) Alexa

I don't understand why I can't add a new device since few days :(

I appreciate any idea to solve this problem.

Edit :
Using Domoticz v4.9763 on Windows server, Amazon Echo

Hi - can you try again? If not, can you email me from your Controlicz profile? Thanks :)
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

Madgeni
Posts: 1273
Joined: Friday 25 March 2016 18:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Madgeni » Sunday 15 July 2018 17:54

All –

I first created what is now Controlicz all the way back in October 2016, initially open-sourcing the native Alexa smart home skill. This required a lot of setup and maintenance by users, and, as I wrote it, me.
From that, Controlicz was born, a cloud service to support the native integration with Alexa, which required minimal setup by the user, and provided the security and scalability necessary to handle a large, interested and excited user base.
Then, when Google Home was announced, and the Smart Home API was released, I was at the forefront, pushing them, hassling them, working late most evenings on conference calls and webexs with them, to get them to understand that there was a large customer base for open source home automation fans. Finally, proudly, in February this year, I released the first non-hardware manufacturer native Google Home App and continue to work with Google on their roadmap. All in my spare time!
Along with that, I host and maintain a (reasonably robust) platform for you all, and again, spend time and effort refining use cases, strengthening the experience for you, answering emails, forum posts, all in my spare time!
I have had immense support from a core set of people, and thank those people for their help, and the donations I’ve received.
However, the costs and effort I put in continue to be drag on me, and I have to announce that Controlicz will be moving to a subscription model shortly.
The cost will be €3/month, which – I believe – is a fair price for the service offered, which will help cover my costs and time in development and support.
This is not a decision I have made lightly, and I completely understand that this will be a disappointment to some, but hopefully you’ll understand and continue to enjoy the Smart Home experience. There is plenty more functionality to come this year, and as Alexa/Google release it, I will be working hard to add it to Controlicz for you.

As always, you can contact me either here, or via email – admin@controlicz.com
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

PHIL63
Posts: 11
Joined: Wednesday 01 February 2017 9:21
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 4.97xx
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by PHIL63 » Sunday 15 July 2018 20:27

@Madgeni :
new try and same result.
I have sent to you a mail from my Controlicz profile.

PHIL63
Posts: 11
Joined: Wednesday 01 February 2017 9:21
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 4.97xx
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by PHIL63 » Monday 16 July 2018 7:46

Problem solved for me.
Thanks to Madgeni

Lyrex
Posts: 33
Joined: Thursday 19 May 2016 13:34
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Lyrex » Monday 16 July 2018 13:10

Hey madgeni, any news reagrding the selector switch issue? :)

Madgeni
Posts: 1273
Joined: Friday 25 March 2016 18:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Madgeni » Monday 16 July 2018 13:16

I'll look at it tonight :)
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

tlpeter
Posts: 409
Joined: Wednesday 26 November 2014 19:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by tlpeter » Monday 16 July 2018 13:27

Madgeni wrote:
Sunday 15 July 2018 17:54
All –

I first created what is now Controlicz all the way back in October 2016, initially open-sourcing the native Alexa smart home skill. This required a lot of setup and maintenance by users, and, as I wrote it, me.
From that, Controlicz was born, a cloud service to support the native integration with Alexa, which required minimal setup by the user, and provided the security and scalability necessary to handle a large, interested and excited user base.
Then, when Google Home was announced, and the Smart Home API was released, I was at the forefront, pushing them, hassling them, working late most evenings on conference calls and webexs with them, to get them to understand that there was a large customer base for open source home automation fans. Finally, proudly, in February this year, I released the first non-hardware manufacturer native Google Home App and continue to work with Google on their roadmap. All in my spare time!
Along with that, I host and maintain a (reasonably robust) platform for you all, and again, spend time and effort refining use cases, strengthening the experience for you, answering emails, forum posts, all in my spare time!
I have had immense support from a core set of people, and thank those people for their help, and the donations I’ve received.
However, the costs and effort I put in continue to be drag on me, and I have to announce that Controlicz will be moving to a subscription model shortly.
The cost will be €3/month, which – I believe – is a fair price for the service offered, which will help cover my costs and time in development and support.
This is not a decision I have made lightly, and I completely understand that this will be a disappointment to some, but hopefully you’ll understand and continue to enjoy the Smart Home experience. There is plenty more functionality to come this year, and as Alexa/Google release it, I will be working hard to add it to Controlicz for you.

As always, you can contact me either here, or via email – admin@controlicz.com
I understand that it costs time and money for sure.
How are you planning to do this? Paypall or iDeal? Also per month or a year with a discount? (Dutch hey)
Can you give more information about this?

Madgeni
Posts: 1273
Joined: Friday 25 March 2016 18:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Madgeni » Monday 16 July 2018 13:35

sure, the payment is handled by Stripe, and just requires credit/debit card details. It will be a monthly subscription (no yearly plan at the moment), I don't touch your card details, and it's a PCI compliant solution. If you choose to stop your subscription, all data is deleted from the payment provider, and you can then choose to delete your Controlicz account or not.
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

hayman
Posts: 56
Joined: Tuesday 15 March 2016 19:08
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: 3.8153
Location: Nerthland
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by hayman » Monday 16 July 2018 18:11

Madgeni wrote:
Sunday 15 July 2018 17:54
All –

I first created what is now Controlicz all the way back in October 2016, initially open-sourcing the native Alexa smart home skill. This required a lot of setup and maintenance by users, and, as I wrote it, me.
From that, Controlicz was born, a cloud service to support the native integration with Alexa, which required minimal setup by the user, and provided the security and scalability necessary to handle a large, interested and excited user base.
Then, when Google Home was announced, and the Smart Home API was released, I was at the forefront, pushing them, hassling them, working late most evenings on conference calls and webexs with them, to get them to understand that there was a large customer base for open source home automation fans. Finally, proudly, in February this year, I released the first non-hardware manufacturer native Google Home App and continue to work with Google on their roadmap. All in my spare time!
Along with that, I host and maintain a (reasonably robust) platform for you all, and again, spend time and effort refining use cases, strengthening the experience for you, answering emails, forum posts, all in my spare time!
I have had immense support from a core set of people, and thank those people for their help, and the donations I’ve received.
However, the costs and effort I put in continue to be drag on me, and I have to announce that Controlicz will be moving to a subscription model shortly.
The cost will be €3/month, which – I believe – is a fair price for the service offered, which will help cover my costs and time in development and support.
This is not a decision I have made lightly, and I completely understand that this will be a disappointment to some, but hopefully you’ll understand and continue to enjoy the Smart Home experience. There is plenty more functionality to come this year, and as Alexa/Google release it, I will be working hard to add it to Controlicz for you.

As always, you can contact me either here, or via email – admin@controlicz.com










Hello,
i love Controlicz,i'm there from the beginning ,i know it's cost to much Time and Money and Time is money ,but 3 euro a month is too much, can't be any cheaper ...????


i don't like to go back to HAbridge ,I want ControlicZ.......

Masure
Posts: 12
Joined: Sunday 22 April 2018 11:23
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Masure » Monday 16 July 2018 20:53

A new issue appeared a week ago with my blinds. No change in configuration in domoticz, google home nor controlicz.

All other devices work ok (temp sensors, color switches). But the blinds stopped working from controlicz :

. blind switch works ok from domoticz
. google home is recognizing the vocal/text command on the device
. I see incoming connection in domoticz log but no command issued

Controlicz table, sample lines :

Code: Select all

IDX	Name		Alias		Type		Current State/Data	Google/Alexa
13	Veilleuse	Veilleuse	Color Switch	Off			Light
36	Volet Cuisine	Volet Cuisine	Light/Switch	Closed			Blinds
Domoticz log, incoming connection from Controlicz but no command :
2018-07-16 20:35:45.766 Status: Incoming connection from: 35.176.67.167
2018-07-16 20:35:45.797 Status: Incoming connection from: 35.176.67.167
Same with color switch that works :
2018-07-16 20:37:36.574 Status: User: Controlicz initiated a switch command (13/Veilleuse/On)
2018-07-16 20:37:36.761 Status: Incoming connection from: 35.176.67.167
2018-07-16 20:37:36.777 Status: Incoming connection from: 35.176.67.167
Did you change something on blind light/switch type ?

Madgeni
Posts: 1273
Joined: Friday 25 March 2016 18:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Madgeni » Tuesday 17 July 2018 0:18

Masure wrote:
Monday 16 July 2018 20:53
A new issue appeared a week ago with my blinds. No change in configuration in domoticz, google home nor controlicz.

All other devices work ok (temp sensors, color switches). But the blinds stopped working from controlicz :

. blind switch works ok from domoticz
. google home is recognizing the vocal/text command on the device
. I see incoming connection in domoticz log but no command issued

Controlicz table, sample lines :

Code: Select all

IDX	Name		Alias		Type		Current State/Data	Google/Alexa
13	Veilleuse	Veilleuse	Color Switch	Off			Light
36	Volet Cuisine	Volet Cuisine	Light/Switch	Closed			Blinds
Domoticz log, incoming connection from Controlicz but no command :
2018-07-16 20:35:45.766 Status: Incoming connection from: 35.176.67.167
2018-07-16 20:35:45.797 Status: Incoming connection from: 35.176.67.167
Same with color switch that works :
2018-07-16 20:37:36.574 Status: User: Controlicz initiated a switch command (13/Veilleuse/On)
2018-07-16 20:37:36.761 Status: Incoming connection from: 35.176.67.167
2018-07-16 20:37:36.777 Status: Incoming connection from: 35.176.67.167
Did you change something on blind light/switch type ?
Can you mail me from your Controlicz profile? I introduced a fix for inverted blinds, which may have caused an issue for you.
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

Madgeni
Posts: 1273
Joined: Friday 25 March 2016 18:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Madgeni » Tuesday 17 July 2018 17:48

All - Subscriptions should be implemented tomorrow. I've taken onboard the request to look at the price, and offer an annual subscription:
Monthly is €2, Annually is €20.
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

freijn
Posts: 378
Joined: Friday 23 December 2016 17:40
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: Netherlands Purmerend
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by freijn » Tuesday 17 July 2018 17:52

Sounds weird I now, but thanks for lowering the price.

I use Alexa to show off to my visitors.. 20 is worth it :-)

I hope many will pay and by lowering your price you have more members than the higher price so turns out better for you in the end.

Let us know how we can pay.

Cheers,

Frank

hayman
Posts: 56
Joined: Tuesday 15 March 2016 19:08
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: 3.8153
Location: Nerthland
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by hayman » Tuesday 17 July 2018 18:40

thanks for listen to us ,
i thought 1euro a month will be fair enough,,,,
i still like ControlicZ

cogliostrio
Posts: 82
Joined: Sunday 06 September 2015 11:58
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by cogliostrio » Tuesday 17 July 2018 18:53

Madgeni wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 17:48
All - Subscriptions should be implemented tomorrow. I've taken onboard the request to look at the price, and offer an annual subscription:
Monthly is €2, Annually is €20.
I must say, it is a very good service, and very convenient.

Will you send out a new email when payment options are ready (or is it already?), so we dont get brutally cut off? ;)

PHIL63
Posts: 11
Joined: Wednesday 01 February 2017 9:21
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 4.97xx
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by PHIL63 » Tuesday 17 July 2018 20:23

After making a donation of 10€ (via https://paypal.me/madgeni) on 13/07 I am happy to see that I will still have to pay 20€ to be able to continue using Controlicz less than a week later.... If I had known....

Madgeni
Posts: 1273
Joined: Friday 25 March 2016 18:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Madgeni » Tuesday 17 July 2018 20:29

Hi - i refunded your money, along with a note yesterday
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

Madgeni
Posts: 1273
Joined: Friday 25 March 2016 18:43
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by Madgeni » Tuesday 17 July 2018 20:30

As i have done for all users who donated recently.
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

PHIL63
Posts: 11
Joined: Wednesday 01 February 2017 9:21
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: 4.97xx
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by PHIL63 » Tuesday 17 July 2018 20:47

Madgeni wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 20:29
Hi - i refunded your money, along with a note yesterday
OK, thanks for that.
So I wait until I can take out a subscription for a year.

User avatar
felix63
Posts: 161
Joined: Monday 07 December 2015 10:30
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8275
Location: Gouda
Contact:

Re: Controlicz - Easy Domoticz to Alexa Integration

Post by felix63 » Tuesday 17 July 2018 21:02

Madgeni wrote:
Tuesday 17 July 2018 17:48
All - Subscriptions should be implemented tomorrow. I've taken onboard the request to look at the price, and offer an annual subscription:
Monthly is €2, Annually is €20.
Great, thanks!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest