Controlicz - Domoticz to Google Home/Assistant integration Topic is solved

Alexa, Google Home and Siri
Masure
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Re: Controlicz - Domoticz to Google Home/Assistant integration

Post by Masure » Friday 17 August 2018 14:36

Hi Madgeni,

It seems you changed the blinds command effect.

If I say
Switch On the blind
Domoticz log indicates :
2018-08-17 14:30:38.601 Status: User: Controlicz initiated a switch command (38/Volet Salon/Off)
I know you are waiting for Google to implement blinds properly, but receinving OFF command when you say ON is a bit cumbersome.

Regards

Madgeni
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Friday 17 August 2018 18:27

Hi,
Just walked in the door from hols, will fix this as priority this weekend. I need to handle the "inverted" blind scenario better
Native Alexa skill and Google app - register at https://www.controlicz.com

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Friday 17 August 2018 23:33

Masure wrote:
Friday 17 August 2018 14:36
Hi Madgeni,

It seems you changed the blinds command effect.

If I say
Switch On the blind
Domoticz log indicates :
2018-08-17 14:30:38.601 Status: User: Controlicz initiated a switch command (38/Volet Salon/Off)
I know you are waiting for Google to implement blinds properly, but receinving OFF command when you say ON is a bit cumbersome.

Regards
Hi - can you 'sync my devices' - and re-test? Thanks

Masure
Domoticz version:

Post by Masure » Sunday 19 August 2018 18:24

Hi,

It's ok now. I did not have to sync the devices though. Why do you mean by "syncing devices" ?

globalassist
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by globalassist » Monday 20 August 2018 14:46

Hi all,

Is there a limit to the number of devices supported?
I only see 7 devices in my "devices" and not all are usefull.
How can I select the devices that Alexa can manage?

Thanks in advance!

Jem101

Post by Jem101 » Monday 20 August 2018 15:15

There may well be a limit but I suspect it's a high one, I have dozens of devices controlled via Controlicz, admittedly I use the Amazon Alexa platform but I assume the Google one would be basically the same.

There are basically two things you need to do

Firstly, Controlicz will only see devices which are in a room plan, it doesn't matter which plan it is and you don't have to make a specific one for Controlic, as long as the device is in at least one room plan then you are good to go.

The second thing (and this has caught me out once or twice), best practice is to create a user account in Domoticz for Controlicz to use to go in with, so you might create a user called Controlicz_Access with a password, and that is the combination you would put into the Controlicz portal page. But you have to make sure that this user account can access the devices you want - so in the account setup page in Domoticz (Setup / More Options / Edit Users), alongside each account is a button called 'Set Devices'. Click that and make sure that all the devices you want Controllicz to access are in the right-hand column.

Do all that and then you should be able to add devices.
I firmly believe in having an open mind - although not so open that your brain falls out!

- sometimes attributed to Carl Sagan, but the original quote is much older than that

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Monday 20 August 2018 16:51

What he said :) Upper limit with Google *was* 120 devices, but think that's been raised again

globalassist

Post by globalassist » Monday 20 August 2018 16:53

You are so right! Thanks, I forgot to give access to the "new" devices.

viriathus
Domoticz version:

Post by viriathus » Tuesday 21 August 2018 0:19

Hello,

I'm currently also getting the dreaded "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection" message in Google Home Assistant when trying to link Controlicz with my Google Home.

From a Controlicz point of view, it seems to be all working ok... I have setup an account with access to my Domoticz system and it has successfully synced the devices I added to Roomplans, etc. Testing the connection from Controlicz also works as expected: "Success - your connection is working".

In Google Home assistant, like some of the people on this forum, I get as far as allowing Google in Controlicz, but I keep getting the "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection" error message. I already tried it several times even with different login names, and nothing...

Any suggestions on what could be wrong? How do I fix this issue?

Thank you.

heggink
Domoticz version: V4.9999

Post by heggink » Tuesday 21 August 2018 9:25

Hey Nick,
Quick question: ever since google assistant was released supporting Dutch language, I switched to see if I can (finally) use Dutch for controlling devices (kind of weird to continue to speak English to my home automation in a Dutch house ;-)).

In the mean time, I also switched phones to a galaxy S8+. Bizarrely, I cannot see any home control on my phone (despite disabling bixby altogether) but when I type English (despite the dutch settings) in the google assistant app, it will let me control the devices in my house. It won't accept any dutch language. Does that mean that your 'skill' is not enabled for Dutch? Any other hint?

H
Pi3, latest beta
RFXCOM, z-wave (AEOTEC, switches, temhum, pir, contacts),
Plugwise2py, P1 'smart'meter & solar panel
Alexa, Wifi Cams motion detection
ESP: relays, PIR & Temp/TempHum
Geofence iCloud, Bluetooth & Wifi ping
Harmony hub, Nest

aure53
Domoticz version: 4.97

Post by aure53 » Wednesday 22 August 2018 22:52

Hello,
I have a problem with controlicz/GH. I've in each room a temp sensor and a thermostat ( a virtual setpoint in domoticz) to control room temp. Each of this two appers as it in controlicz but with GH i cannot have the two working properly (reading temp sensor value when i ask for temperature and change the setpoint value when i ask for it).
-if i put temp sensor only in the room for reading:OK for changing: it changes (or try it in fact) the temp sensor value
-if i put setpoint only in the room for reading: it reads the setpoint value and for changing it: OK
-if i put de two for reading: it says that it connot determine the sensor and for changing it: it changes the value for the two (so it's working but it's not clean)
PS: i'm french so the room names are french and GH is used in french language.
PS2: i've search in both forum english and french and unfortunatly found nothing to solve my problem.
PS3: i try to change the names (in GH or in domoticz sensor description "controliz:thermostat du salon") of the temp sensor an set point to point it directly it changes nothing, maybe i dont use th good words?
Thank you.
Last edited by aure53 on Wednesday 22 August 2018 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

gijsje
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by gijsje » Wednesday 22 August 2018 22:55

heggink wrote:
Tuesday 21 August 2018 9:25
Hey Nick,
Quick question: ever since google assistant was released supporting Dutch language, I switched to see if I can (finally) use Dutch for controlling devices (kind of weird to continue to speak English to my home automation in a Dutch house ;-)).

In the mean time, I also switched phones to a galaxy S8+. Bizarrely, I cannot see any home control on my phone (despite disabling bixby altogether) but when I type English (despite the dutch settings) in the google assistant app, it will let me control the devices in my house. It won't accept any dutch language. Does that mean that your 'skill' is not enabled for Dutch? Any other hint?

H
As far as is know you can only use the dutch assistant for searching the web.
You can not use any home control yet and they think it will come before Sinterklaas
https://youtu.be/SWx1R5SRiuY?t=1m1s
Synology DS218+ - RFXtrx433 - Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 - Toon Thermostat - Neo CoolCam plug - Neo CoolCam PIR - FIBARO PIR - Heiman Smart Smoke Senso - Neo CoolCam Leakage Detector - BeNext Tag Reader - P1 and S0 USB - many Mi-Light lights - KAKU switches

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Thursday 23 August 2018 8:11

viriathus wrote:
Tuesday 21 August 2018 0:19
Hello,

I'm currently also getting the dreaded "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection" message in Google Home Assistant when trying to link Controlicz with my Google Home.

From a Controlicz point of view, it seems to be all working ok... I have setup an account with access to my Domoticz system and it has successfully synced the devices I added to Roomplans, etc. Testing the connection from Controlicz also works as expected: "Success - your connection is working".

In Google Home assistant, like some of the people on this forum, I get as far as allowing Google in Controlicz, but I keep getting the "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection" error message. I already tried it several times even with different login names, and nothing...

Any suggestions on what could be wrong? How do I fix this issue?

Thank you.
Hi - if you mail me from your Controlicz profile, i'll take a look. I assume you have a subscription?

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Thursday 23 August 2018 8:15

aure53 wrote:
Wednesday 22 August 2018 22:52
Hello,
I have a problem with controlicz/GH. I've in each room a temp sensor and a thermostat ( a virtual setpoint in domoticz) to control room temp. Each of this two appers as it in controlicz but with GH i cannot have the two working properly (reading temp sensor value when i ask for temperature and change the setpoint value when i ask for it).
-if i put temp sensor only in the room for reading:OK for changing: it changes (or try it in fact) the temp sensor value
-if i put setpoint only in the room for reading: it reads the setpoint value and for changing it: OK
-if i put de two for reading: it says that it connot determine the sensor and for changing it: it changes the value for the two (so it's working but it's not clean)
PS: i'm french so the room names are french and GH is used in french language.
PS2: i've search in both forum english and french and unfortunatly found nothing to solve my problem.
PS3: i try to change the names (in GH or in domoticz sensor description "controliz:thermostat du salon") of the temp sensor an set point to point it directly it changes nothing, maybe i dont use th good words?
Thank you.
Hi, it does sound like Google is getting confused - you could, to avoid any doubt (purely for testing), change the name of the sensor to something completely different (like 'Test') and see if it understands? Another factor is that Google still doesn't have simply a 'sensor' yet, so it's possible it's misunderstanding which you want to query. Sensors are coming soon (i've got the documentation and the code is complete, but it's not released by Google yet).

heggink
Domoticz version: V4.9999

Post by heggink » Thursday 23 August 2018 8:27

gijsje wrote:
heggink wrote:
Tuesday 21 August 2018 9:25
Hey Nick,

H
As far as is know you can only use the dutch assistant for searching the web.
You can not use any home control yet and they think it will come before Sinterklaas
https://youtu.be/SWx1R5SRiuY?t=1m1s
Actually, it does work and I can control my devices reasonably well with the google assistant ("ok google stel de helderheid van dinner table in op 30%" funny enough works) but there is no home control to be found anywhere.
Pi3, latest beta
RFXCOM, z-wave (AEOTEC, switches, temhum, pir, contacts),
Plugwise2py, P1 'smart'meter & solar panel
Alexa, Wifi Cams motion detection
ESP: relays, PIR & Temp/TempHum
Geofence iCloud, Bluetooth & Wifi ping
Harmony hub, Nest

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Thursday 23 August 2018 9:28

Yep, its a real pain! Controlicz is "available" in: Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, and Swedish (those are the languages Google allowed me to certify). However, that doesn't mean it's actually available to you, not entirely sure why. Will try and get some dates

Masure
Domoticz version:

Post by Masure » Thursday 23 August 2018 21:25

Hi Madgeni,

I think you inverted the blind domoticz command again.

When I issue a "switch on the X blind" google command, an Off command is sent to domoticz :
2018-08-23 21:22:20.100 Status: User: Controlicz initiated a switch command (36/Volet Cuisine/Off)

Furiousz23
Domoticz version:

Post by Furiousz23 » Saturday 25 August 2018 21:14

What i really would like to see in Controlicz.....: Hey Google, whats the generated energy today? Answer: the solar production of today is 20kWh :D .

DarkG
Domoticz version:

Post by DarkG » Saturday 25 August 2018 23:32

is it possible to use it with ipv6?

Madgeni
Domoticz version:

Post by Madgeni » Sunday 26 August 2018 10:03

DarkG wrote: