Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Xiaomi, Ikea TRÅDFRI, Philips Hue and more.
dmcastillo78
Posts: 1
Joined: Tuesday 07 August 2018 13:01
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by dmcastillo78 » Tuesday 07 August 2018 13:24

Hi,

Someone knows if the new Xiaomi Aqara IP camera Gateway is compatible with Domoticz as Gateway. This device works as a zigbee gateway and is a good alternative as a hub:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... autifyAB=0

This device works as a zigbee gateway and is a good alternative as a hub

I have seen that you have already asked but it has not been answered.

Thank you

tezzlicious
Posts: 20
Joined: Saturday 09 April 2016 13:47
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by tezzlicious » Tuesday 14 August 2018 20:51

dmcastillo78 wrote:
Tuesday 07 August 2018 13:24
Hi,

Someone knows if the new Xiaomi Aqara IP camera Gateway is compatible with Domoticz as Gateway. This device works as a zigbee gateway and is a good alternative as a hub:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... autifyAB=0

This device works as a zigbee gateway and is a good alternative as a hub

I have seen that you have already asked but it has not been answered.

Thank you
The answer (for now) is no. This device is not new and doesn't show the same options (i.e. API password) within the Mi app. I think it will require a different approach from the normal gateway. I use it as a security cam at the moment. Just get the supported gateway for now.

tezzlicious
Posts: 20
Joined: Saturday 09 April 2016 13:47
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by tezzlicious » Tuesday 14 August 2018 20:54

The Aqara Shock/Vibration sensor just showed up in the Mi App.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... 51794.html

Would be cool to get support for it.

DAVIZINHO
Posts: 198
Joined: Sunday 27 August 2017 18:00
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by DAVIZINHO » Friday 17 August 2018 10:58

This shock devices is amazin but is "aqara", attention with the new aqara devices becasue aqara release a new gateway that only woks with aqara devices.
I dont know if this aqara shock device its compatible with previous mijia gateway :-O
i dont know

tezzlicious
Posts: 20
Joined: Saturday 09 April 2016 13:47
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by tezzlicious » Friday 17 August 2018 12:36

DAVIZINHO wrote:
Friday 17 August 2018 10:58
This shock devices is amazin but is "aqara", attention with the new aqara devices becasue aqara release a new gateway that only woks with aqara devices.
I dont know if this aqara shock device its compatible with previous mijia gateway :-O
i dont know
I use the gateway that works with Domoticz and it popped up as a device I can add.

DAVIZINHO
Posts: 198
Joined: Sunday 27 August 2017 18:00
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by DAVIZINHO » Friday 17 August 2018 12:55

tezzlicious wrote:
Friday 17 August 2018 12:36
DAVIZINHO wrote:
Friday 17 August 2018 10:58
This shock devices is amazin but is "aqara", attention with the new aqara devices becasue aqara release a new gateway that only woks with aqara devices.
I dont know if this aqara shock device its compatible with previous mijia gateway :-O
i dont know
I use the gateway that works with Domoticz and it popped up as a device I can add.
oleee.
Thanks!! i bought one few minutes ago :-P

burton666
Posts: 106
Joined: Monday 17 August 2015 21:25
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by burton666 » Tuesday 21 August 2018 13:11

Can anyone tell me how to upload a custom mp3 to the gateway? I have looked everywhere in the Mi Home app on Android but can't find it. I found some settings like color and volume but no option to upload anything

snuiter
Posts: 71
Joined: Saturday 17 June 2017 12:30
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by snuiter » Tuesday 21 August 2018 15:15

hi,
you need to enter the gateway, then select auto from top menu bar (Gateway - Auto - Device). The last row, menu 5 is "Doorbell" , select this one and then "Doorbell tone". There you you can add ringtones.

As far as I know you can not upload mp3 files.

burton666
Posts: 106
Joined: Monday 17 August 2015 21:25
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by burton666 » Tuesday 21 August 2018 15:28

ahhh, thank you.
edit: tried an mp3 and it seams to work fine

User avatar
gijsje
Posts: 160
Joined: Saturday 19 August 2017 14:28
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version: Stable
Location: Berkel Enschot, NL
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by gijsje » Wednesday 22 August 2018 23:16

I have now included a few temp sensors with humidity and pressure and did see something strange.
There where 4 devices added to the device list.
But i do see difference in the humidity with the combined one the the device with only humidity.
If i look in the mi home app i do see that the 56% is correct.
Where is the 61% coming from?
Image
Synology DS218+ - RFXtrx433 - Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 - Toon Thermostat - Neo CoolCam plug - Neo CoolCam PIR - FIBARO PIR - Heiman Smart Smoke Senso - Neo CoolCam Leakage Detector - BeNext Tag Reader - P1 and S0 USB - many Mi-Light lights - KAKU switches

salvacalatayud
Posts: 36
Joined: Monday 26 June 2017 21:16
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8072
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by salvacalatayud » Monday 03 September 2018 16:27

bing69 wrote:
Sunday 24 June 2018 8:58
yesterday we received the "Xiaomi Philips ZhiRui E27 bulb". The lamp works well in the "Mi Home". But do not get it in Domoticz. Someone experience with this lamp? Any idea how to reset this lamp?

Did you finaly made it work? I just got mine today and I can't find the way.

Thanks

bing69
Posts: 160
Joined: Thursday 05 June 2014 10:55
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch, NL
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by bing69 » Tuesday 04 September 2018 8:16

salvacalatayud wrote:
Monday 03 September 2018 16:27
bing69 wrote:
Sunday 24 June 2018 8:58
yesterday we received the "Xiaomi Philips ZhiRui E27 bulb". The lamp works well in the "Mi Home". But do not get it in Domoticz. Someone experience with this lamp? Any idea how to reset this lamp?

Did you finaly made it work? I just got mine today and I can't find the way.

Thanks
No, i buy a Yeelight bulb and that works fine! :D

User avatar
sincze
Posts: 988
Joined: Monday 02 June 2014 22:46
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by sincze » Tuesday 04 September 2018 9:22

salvacalatayud wrote:
Monday 03 September 2018 16:27
bing69 wrote:
Sunday 24 June 2018 8:58
yesterday we received the "Xiaomi Philips ZhiRui E27 bulb". The lamp works well in the "Mi Home". But do not get it in Domoticz. Someone experience with this lamp? Any idea how to reset this lamp?

Did you finaly made it work? I just got mine today and I can't find the way.

Thanks
i tried to retrieve the token for the lamp to have it work. However the token was not stored anymore in my mobile APP. So nu luck.
i was a bit to late as it seems I needed to retrieve it during registration in the APP... Well nu luck at all.
Using Pass2php since 2016-12
LAN: RFLink, P1-Port, OTGW, MySensors
USB: RFXCom, ZWave
WIFI: Mi-light Wifi-Bridge, Sonoff, ESP8266, Xiaomi Gateway
Solar: Omnik Inverter, PVOutput
Video: Kodi clients with Harmony HUB
Sensors: You name it I probably got 1.

DAVIZINHO
Posts: 198
Joined: Sunday 27 August 2017 18:00
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by DAVIZINHO » Saturday 08 September 2018 18:45

Hello,
Today i have a lot of errors like this:
Error: XiaomiGateway: received data from unregisted gateway!

anyone more?

gysmo38
Posts: 68
Joined: Saturday 01 February 2014 14:42
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by gysmo38 » Saturday 08 September 2018 22:41

Yes same for me. I try to delete and create gateway. Now i have no devices...

Envoyé de mon SM-G960F en utilisant Tapatalk


DAVIZINHO
Posts: 198
Joined: Sunday 27 August 2017 18:00
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by DAVIZINHO » Saturday 08 September 2018 22:47

gysmo38 wrote:
Saturday 08 September 2018 22:41
Yes same for me. I try to delete and create gateway. Now i have no devices...

Envoyé de mon SM-G960F en utilisant Tapatalk
Do you have one gateway or two?

I have two

gysmo38
Posts: 68
Joined: Saturday 01 February 2014 14:42
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by gysmo38 » Sunday 09 September 2018 7:48

One gateway controlled with domoticz and home assistant.
It work correctly with home assistant

DAVIZINHO
Posts: 198
Joined: Sunday 27 August 2017 18:00
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by DAVIZINHO » Sunday 09 September 2018 11:59


ak97
Posts: 19
Joined: Saturday 03 February 2018 19:42
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8975
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by ak97 » Monday 10 September 2018 5:57

It is not a issue. Just added native support for multiple Xiaomi gateways.
You can simple add, remove and modify settings for Xiaomi gateway hardware without any restrictions.
Devices tied to the gateways will be managed and displayed correctly in the Domoticz.
in Domoticz you need to register all gateways. If the devices were logically connected to only the first gateway, then they need to be re-registered in Domotics correctly. Just like in MiHome. The device connected to the second gateway in MiHome, also must be connected to the second gateway in Domoticz.

User avatar
sincze
Posts: 988
Joined: Monday 02 June 2014 22:46
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 4.9700
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Xiaomi Smart Home Suite (very cheap) compatibilty?

Post by sincze » Monday 10 September 2018 10:58

ak97 wrote:
Monday 10 September 2018 5:57
It is not a issue. Just added native support for multiple Xiaomi gateways.
You can simple add, remove and modify settings for Xiaomi gateway hardware without any restrictions.
Devices tied to the gateways will be managed and displayed correctly in the Domoticz.
in Domoticz you need to register all gateways. If the devices were logically connected to only the first gateway, then they need to be re-registered in Domotics correctly. Just like in MiHome. The device connected to the second gateway in MiHome, also must be connected to the second gateway in Domoticz.
Hey xiaomi NOOB question, would this mean I can now also monitor devices connected to my second gateway ???
As the wiki states: 'Multiple gateways are supported but only with limited functionality on the additional gateways. Note that only the master gateway will listen for incoming messages (the master gateway is the hardware device in Domoticz with the lowest hardware Id). This is not a perfect solution, and if you have any questions or problems, post in the forum and I will try to address them.'

So I thought adding a motion sensor / door sensor to the second gateway is not really an option.
Using Pass2php since 2016-12
LAN: RFLink, P1-Port, OTGW, MySensors
USB: RFXCom, ZWave
WIFI: Mi-light Wifi-Bridge, Sonoff, ESP8266, Xiaomi Gateway
Solar: Omnik Inverter, PVOutput
Video: Kodi clients with Harmony HUB
Sensors: You name it I probably got 1.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest