Help needed - Blocky Humidity Ventilation and Light Switch Combination

Quinternet
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: V3.8153

Help needed - Blocky Humidity Ventilation and Light Switch Combination

Post by Quinternet » Sunday 14 January 2018 13:51

Hi,

I'm trying to create the following scenario:

* I want my ventilation system to switch on when my humidity sensor in the bathroom is above 65% and swithed off when it's below 64%.
* I also want the ventilation system to switch on for 15 minutes when one of the toilet lights are switched on
* When one of the toilet lights is switched off I want the ventilation system to run for 5 minutes and then automatically switch off

In the event I created, the ventilation system switches on and off based on the humidity sensor. That's great. But when I switch the toilet light on and/or off and the humidity sensor is still below 64% the ventilation system is sent the 'on' command by my event, but immediatly switches off again because of the humidity value. Which probably is logical, but now I have no idea how to reach my goal.

Translation of the devices in the event:

* Cresta Badkamer = Humidity sensor in the bathroom
* Warmte Terugwin Unit = Ventilation System
* Toilet BG - Fan Switch = Light switch in the ground floor toilet
* Toilet 1e - Fan Switch = Light switch in the first floow toilet

I'm sorry if this seems dumb, I'm a beginner and certainly not a programmer, but really want this to work and I'm working on this for weeks now.

I hope someone can help me realize my wish.

Thanks!

Eddiever

Re: Help needed - Blocky Humidity Ventilation and Light Switch Combination

Post by Eddiever » Sunday 14 January 2018 14:32

I wouldn't do this in just one blocky. I suggest you could do it with three blocky's. One for the humidity, one for the lightswithc in toilet 1 and the last one for toilet BG.
RPi 2B with Domoticz and cam module RPi 3 with cam module
1 rftxtrx433E module 1 solar-edge SE-3500
1 Sonoff Touch 3 Sonoff wifi swithes 6 kaku modules

Quinternet

Post by Quinternet » Sunday 14 January 2018 14:55

Eddiever wrote:
Sunday 14 January 2018 14:32
I wouldn't do this in just one blocky. I suggest you could do it with three blocky's. One for the humidity, one for the lightswithc in toilet 1 and the last one for toilet BG.
Thanks for your fast reply!

That's what I started with, but had the exact same problem.

Eddiever

Post by Eddiever » Sunday 14 January 2018 15:19

And what if you just use If switch is on do Warmte Terugwin Unit = on for 15 minutes. Leave the option of the switch = off etc.
RPi 2B with Domoticz and cam module RPi 3 with cam module
1 rftxtrx433E module 1 solar-edge SE-3500
1 Sonoff Touch 3 Sonoff wifi swithes 6 kaku modules

Quinternet

Post by Quinternet » Sunday 14 January 2018 15:28

Eddiever wrote:
Sunday 14 January 2018 15:19
And what if you just use If switch is on do Warmte Terugwin Unit = on for 15 minutes. Leave the option of the switch = off etc.
Then the same problem occurs. The humidity sensor is still below 64% and tells the ventilation system to go off

StanHD
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Post by StanHD » Sunday 14 January 2018 15:39

Hi,
Below is my blockly that has been working nicely for over a year now. It has more complexity because it copes with 2 fan speeds on the humidity, as well as 3 position manual override, using a selector switch. Also it is conditional on occupancy.

The whole thing works due to the use of a variable that is set according to each scenario.

The top part is probably where you may find what your'e looking for.

Hope it may offer some help.

Domoticz Main - Intel nuc, Windows, RFXTRX433E. Lan Relay Boards, Aeon Z-Stick Gen 5, Evohome HGI80, Milight WiFi, MySensors Ethernet Gateway, Harmony Hub
Domoticz Slave - Asrock Ion - Linux, Python:- Broadlink RM2, Sonos
HA-Bridge - Amazon Echo / Alexa

Quinternet

Post by Quinternet » Sunday 14 January 2018 15:57

StanHD wrote:
Sunday 14 January 2018 15:39
Hi,
Below is my blockly that has been working nicely for over a year now. It has more complexity because it copes with 2 fan speeds on the humidity, as well as 3 position manual override, using a selector switch. Also it is conditional on occupancy.

The whole thing works due to the use of a variable that is set according to each scenario.

The top part is probably where you may find what your'e looking for.

Hope it may offer some help.

Hi StanHD,

Thanks for your suggestion. Within your event my solution is probably present, but this is too complex for me in order to translate your example to my situation. Also I'm puzzled by how you were able to embed multiple 'And/or' arguments.... Sorry :-(

StanHD
Domoticz version:

Post by StanHD » Sunday 14 January 2018 16:47

If you right click the And/Or block you will see some options. Select "External Inputs".
(You would use 2 different devices for WC Light, but shown is just for reference to illustrate the And / Or scenarios.)
Sorry for the complexity, however, I have had a quick go at it and perhaps you can modify / work something from this:-
Domoticz Main - Intel nuc, Windows, RFXTRX433E. Lan Relay Boards, Aeon Z-Stick Gen 5, Evohome HGI80, Milight WiFi, MySensors Ethernet Gateway, Harmony Hub

Quinternet

Post by Quinternet » Sunday 14 January 2018 16:55

StanHD wrote:
Sunday 14 January 2018 16:47
If you right click the And/Or block you will see some options. Select "External Inputs".
(You would use 2 different devices for WC Light, but shown is just for reference to illustrate the And / Or scenarios.)
Sorry for the complexity, however, I have had a quick go at it and perhaps you can modify / work something from this:-
Ok, that makes sense a bit more... Can you give me a little translation of what your event does? Which device is what and what it does?

StanHD
Domoticz version:

Post by StanHD » Sunday 14 January 2018 20:51

Ok:-
WC - Light = Your Light switches (2 Yes?)
ExtractFan = Integer Variable
Extract Fan = Extract Fan

WC Light On.
"If" looks for either light switch to turn on. It also checks the value of the variable. If it's 0 then the fan is stopped and can therefore be turned on. When turned on the variable is updated to 1

WC Light Overrun
"Else if" checks for change of both light switches from on to off, it also checks that the fan is not being used for dehum, by checking the variable. (Not = 2). Then keeps fan running for 15 minutes.

High Humidity
"Else if" checks humidity, and checks variable is 0. This means fan is not running or on overrun from WC Light switches.

Low Humidity
"Else if" checks humidity, and the variable. ( think I made a mistake this should be "not=0"), and stops the fan.

To be honest as I said above this was a quick thrown together Blockly that Will probably need some more work. Playing with the variable values etc.

I needed to make adjustments to my original Blockly a few times, but it works well.

Quinternet

Post by Quinternet » Sunday 14 January 2018 22:01

StanHD wrote:
Sunday 14 January 2018 20:51
Ok:-
WC - Light = Your Light switches (2 Yes?)
ExtractFan = Integer Variable
Extract Fan = Extract Fan

WC Light On.
"If" looks for either light switch to turn on. It also checks the value of the variable. If it's 0 then the fan is stopped and can therefore be turned on. When turned on the variable is updated to 1

WC Light Overrun
"Else if" checks for change of both light switches from on to off, it also checks that the fan is not being used for dehum, by checking the variable. (Not = 2). Then keeps fan running for 15 minutes.

High Humidity
"Else if" checks humidity, and checks variable is 0. This means fan is not running or on overrun from WC Light switches.

Low Humidity
"Else if" checks humidity, and the variable. ( think I made a mistake this should be "not=0"), and stops the fan.

To be honest as I said above this was a quick thrown together Blockly that Will probably need some more work. Playing with the variable values etc.

I needed to make adjustments to my original Blockly a few times, but it works well.
Ok, fantastic!! Thanks!

I think I got it. I'm still testing, but this is the result, what do you think?:

StanHD
Domoticz version:

Post by StanHD » Sunday 14 January 2018 22:13

Looking good. The fan switches off may need to be "and" instead of "or", but that's just an opinion. If it works how you want it to then its all good.
It may be worth checking the log to make sure there are no loops or excessive entries.

Quinternet

Post by Quinternet » Sunday 14 January 2018 22:36

I spoke too soon.... The Toilet switches seem to work, and when the humidity sensor is above 65%, the ventilation goes on and the variable changes to '2'. But when it drops below 64%, the ventilation stays on and the variable doesn't change back to ''0' :-(