blocky not running on temprature change

markjgabb
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153

blocky not running on temprature change

Post by markjgabb » Tuesday 01 August 2017 1:40

hi guys please see blocky below

the scenario is,
i dont think blocky events are ebing triggered on temprature change, i think it is using it as part of block but not as a trigger to run the event...

overnight when we are asleep if the temp falls below 18 heater should turn on,,,but it doesnt.....but if i change the heater selector from timer, to off and back to timer again it does work....
ill attach the blocky below to see if someone else can see if i have missed something

last 2 nights in a row temp has gotten to 14 so heater should definatly have kicked in overnight, and definatly heater selector is right, as when i turn it to timer it kicks in.....i manually ran temps up and down with a blow dryer and cold air....if i run the temp up to 30 it doesnt turn off, but if i switch select to on then back to timer it turns off
heater.PNG
heater.PNG (68.84 KiB) Viewed 519 times
V 3.8153 RPI 3
RFlink 334 mhz
mysensors
broadlink
wemo

mivo
Domoticz version: beta

Re: blocky not running on temprature change

Post by mivo » Wednesday 02 August 2017 8:27

Hi,

i am not using Blocky, because it is was unclear for me (yes, have some programmer skills ;) ) and hard to debug... Using LUA or Python with Domoticz.

But in general - try to simplify your conditions first, because combination of NOT EQUAL, AND, OR etc. can be hard to debug. Try to put some logging in code / logic, so you can see which conditions and when are evaluated. When you are sure your "state machine" detect all required conditions correctly, put actions next to logging
My toys:
Raspberry Pi 3 + UPS PIco HV3.0 A Stack
Minibian (Raspbian Jessie) + Domoticz beta
RFLink 433 Gateway, 1wire DS18B20 temp sensors (GPIO)
RaZberry module + 2x Comet Z-Wave + Z-wave socket
---
Plugins: WeMo Switch, UPS PIco HV3.0A on GitHub

gizmocuz
Domoticz version: beta

Post by gizmocuz » Wednesday 02 August 2017 8:38

Could you also state your domoticz version (please read the red text before posting!)
What type of hardware is the temp sensor ? Is it a virtual one ? If virtual, created with the dummy create button ?

Indeed, try a simple test first, if temp>xx then write a log message
Quality outlives Quantity!

markjgabb
Domoticz version: 3.8153

Post by markjgabb » Thursday 03 August 2017 6:28

my appologies
domoticz version: 3.8153
platform RPI 3
Lounge temp is a dummy sensor created on the hardware menu(type temprature) with the create virtual sensors button, it is updated via a lua script from a mysensors temp+hum sensor that is updated every 5 minutes....
i have done as suggested an created a simple blocky that was if lounge temp is higher than 23 write 23 to log

ive had it running all day and temp is currently 25 in lounge room, but on every update there is no sign of the 23 being written to log....
is this due to it being a dummy temp sensor? does it not detect change the same way?
thank you for for correcting my way of posting this...i usually do it better but completely missed it this time....
V 3.8153 RPI 3
RFlink 334 mhz
mysensors
broadlink
wemo