Domoticz Stops Responding to Everspring SP103 Motion Sensor

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
cox1979
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Domoticz Stops Responding to Everspring SP103 Motion Sen

Post by cox1979 » Thursday 19 February 2015 21:53

What changed after these revisions and can it be fixed in the next?

I have no idea what functions and features are lost when I downgrade to these revisions you mention? (Currently running the latest beta)

Any devs have an opinion on this?
Banana Pro
Aeon Labs Z-Stick S2

convenience
Domoticz version: V2.2310

Post by convenience » Thursday 19 February 2015 23:36

For me the SP814 detects motion (for now)
the ALMS and HSM100 don't have motion detection anymore.
For the HSM100 the lux sensor is also out of order.
:oops:
RPi model B
Aeotec Z-Stick V2

memyself
Domoticz version: 2.2284

Post by memyself » Thursday 19 February 2015 23:40

I do recognize these kind of issues. I do have an Aeon Labs motion sensor. Everything was fine up to a certain moment when temperature readings did not get through. Sometimes the PIR reading did not get through as well. It did show as awake or sleeping as normal. I also have a Fibaro motion sensor which did not report it's data and it even was impossible to change parameters. E.G., the report time for the temperature was 0, meaning : do not send. I tried changing it to 900, but it would not budge. In Groups and Network, it was all ok as well. Got me baffled.

So I reverted back to a clean 2168 install and it all came back to life. I could even change the settings. Then I renamed folders and to get to my normal installation. Just to see that all the parameters I just set were gone again! Nothing worked. :oops: That was not supposed to happen. I tried waking the devices, send new configs... nothing.

Then I stopped Domoticz, went into /domoticz/Config and renamed zwcfg****.xml. That's the file holding your z-wave config. If you then start domoticz, it needs to rediscover all it's peers again. You can simply wake each one to get them to work. Maybe you need Domoticz to allow new devices for a few minutes, but it wil get it done. After this, I could change settings again, temperatures were getting reported at the specified interval and my motion detection even hasn't missed the cat :oops: .

convenience

Post by convenience » Friday 20 February 2015 11:08

memyself wrote:
Then I stopped Domoticz, went into /domoticz/Config and renamed zwcfg****.xml. That's the file holding your z-wave config. If you then start domoticz, it needs to rediscover all it's peers again. You can simply wake each one to get them to work. Maybe you need Domoticz to allow new devices for a few minutes, but it wil get it done. After this, I could change settings again, temperatures were getting reported at the specified interval and my motion detection even hasn't missed the cat :oops: .
I've been testing all morning, even deleted the zwcfg file completely. For me not all is coming back as it should, some sensors are missing lux and temperature for others are missing motion..............
I'll try to mess up the config file by editing it manually with values from pepperone and see what happens........
RPi model B
Aeotec Z-Stick V2

memyself

Post by memyself » Saturday 21 February 2015 0:32

convenience wrote:
memyself wrote:
I've been testing all morning, even deleted the zwcfg file completely. For me not all is coming back as it should, some sensors are missing lux and temperature for others are missing motion..............
I'll try to mess up the config file by editing it manually with values from pepperone and see what happens........
The configuration of the nodes is in the stick itself. Before being too drastic, go into the Domoticz configuration, and press the button to allow new hardware. Then go to the log if it does not display, and wake your device by using the association command. Usually press the button three times. The log should show all sensors inside it.

convenience

Post by convenience » Saturday 21 February 2015 10:49

Thank you memyself for trying to help me.

If I add the node (HSM100) then this shows up in the log (shouldn't the Label: General not be Sensor?)

CommandClass: BATTERY, Label: Battery Level, Instance: 1
2015-02-21 09:33:16.054 OpenZWave: Value_Added: Node: 4 (0x04), CommandClass: SENSOR MULTILEVEL, Label: General, Instance: 2
2015-02-21 09:33:16.088 OpenZWave: Value_Added: Node: 4 (0x04), CommandClass: SENSOR MULTILEVEL, Label: Luminance, Instance: 3
2015-02-21 09:33:16.447 OpenZWave: Value_Added: Node: 4 (0x04), CommandClass: SENSOR MULTILEVEL, Label: Temperature, Instance: 3

BUT

When I press allow new hardware and wake the HSM100 the log only shows the temperature :roll:
RPi model B
Aeotec Z-Stick V2

memyself

Post by memyself » Saturday 21 February 2015 14:00

That's a good start. Set your Domoticz into full loging mode if you hadn't already done that (change 0 to 1 in the device settings of the z-wave stick).

Secondly, go into /domoticz/Config. Execute "cat OZW_log.txt | grep Node004" You then search for the temperature report. Then you need to check wether the luminascence report is also sent. If not, you need to get into the settings of the device to check if the data is actually being sent.

The Fibario motion sensor eg, has report settings for all sensors. So you can set temperature to 900 (each 15 mins) and luminascence to 0, meaning : do not sent.

cox1979
Domoticz version:

Post by cox1979 » Saturday 21 February 2015 15:52

No idea why but everything works for me now (running V2.2283)

All motion sensors behave as one would assume they would, even after a reboot/restart...

Did delete my zwcfg*.xml as mentioned above so don't know if it was this or the last update or both. Anyhow, if everything keeps running like this I'm a happy camper ;)

Anyone else seeing the same behaviour or did I just get lucky?

*edit*

BTW I set the wakeup interval to 300sec for testing purposes, don't know if that is why everything comes back online so quickly after a reboot. I'll revert to a 3600sec interval to reduce battery drain and then check how long it takes for everything to respond properly after a restart...
Banana Pro
Aeon Labs Z-Stick S2

gcoupe
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version: v3.5877

Post by gcoupe » Saturday 21 February 2015 16:02

If I were you, I would wait a few days, or a week, to see if everything is still running as it should. Let us know...

If this bug has in fact been fixed in a new update, it would be useful if the developers made a note to that effect in the bug tracker. That is still showing that the issue has not been assigned to anyone to fix, so I'm not sure that it has in fact been fixed...

http://www.domoticz.com/forum/tracker.php?p=1&t=416

While I have the two issues open in the bug tracker (416 and 404), I've removed all my Z-Wave devices from Domoticz entirely, and transferred them across to HomeGenie (where they are running quite happily). I'm just using Domoticz to log my Smart Meter at the moment.

cox1979
Domoticz version:

Post by cox1979 » Saturday 21 February 2015 16:10

I've been wrong before ;-)

...Don't know if the last update also updated openzwave and if there have been any changes on that end?

For the time being, I'm staying optimistic. I'll let you know if (or when) it fails...
Banana Pro
Aeon Labs Z-Stick S2

convenience

Post by convenience » Saturday 21 February 2015 23:08

memyself wrote:That's a good start. Set your Domoticz into full loging mode if you hadn't already done that (change 0 to 1 in the device settings of the z-wave stick).

Secondly, go into /domoticz/Config. Execute "cat OZW_log.txt | grep Node004" You then search for the temperature report. Then you need to check wether the luminascence report is also sent. If not, you need to get into the settings of the device to check if the data is actually being sent.

The Fibario motion sensor eg, has report settings for all sensors. So you can set temperature to 900 (each 15 mins) and luminascence to 0, meaning : do not sent.

I did the "cat OZW_Log.txt | grep Node004" a couple of times.
The returned luminance value is never changed (=0%) eventhough it has been exposed to full light.
The value for "General" was the first time 10 and in the next queries it was changed to 1 (old value of 10 was also commented).

Googling about the HSM100 it seems it is a trouble device lately, I think I read something with Vera users.
But it seems like I'm also having trouble again with Aeon Labs 4in1 (motion detection).

(running Domoticz V2.2283)
RPi model B
Aeotec Z-Stick V2

memyself

Post by memyself » Sunday 22 February 2015 14:18

If it reports 0% all the time it is not a Domoticz issue, neither open-z-wave. The device does not record the luminance so it reports "0".

convenience

Post by convenience » Sunday 22 February 2015 14:40

Maybe you are right and is the device defect.
But when I added it first time (about a week ago) all sensors worked for a few hours.............

But never mind, I'm just experimenting with Domoticz with the devices I have now lying around so I'll put it in the cupboard or trashcan :D
RPi model B
Aeotec Z-Stick V2

valdoison
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 4576

Post by valdoison » Wednesday 25 February 2015 15:20

gcoupe,
It seems there is a response to your request:
Posted by gizmocuz » 22 Feb 2015 13:30
Dont think this is a domoticz problem

What seems strange is that other detectors (sp814, ZP3012, DSB-05, ...) also have the same problem, experiment with different controllers (stick S2, Razberry) were made on different OS (raspbian, ubuntu ...). and still the same problem ...
The only common points are DOMOTICZ and OPENZWAVE.
If this is not DOMOTICZ it must be concluded that it is OPENZWAVE ?????

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » Thursday 26 February 2015 14:10

Like cox1979 reported last week, I also have no idea why, but the sensors are working as expected at the moment.

I have moved across from running an earlier version of Domoticz on Windows to now running v2.2286 on a Pi 2. I don't know whether that has had anything to do with it. I take the comment by gizmocuz in the bug tracker to mean that he has not changed anything in Domoticz, so whether this issue really has been fixed. only time will tell.

valdoison
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: 4576

Post by valdoison » Thursday 26 February 2015 17:05

I just remake a new installation with ubuntu 14.04 and a controller STICK S2.
No return of detection.
The operation seems too random to have confidence in the system (at least for the detectors).
Since these detectors are the basis of my home automation (initiation of lighting, heating, a single anti intrusion, ....). I'll point me to JEEDOM which poses no problem with that.
It uses Zway which is unfortunately a proprietary program, but it works well.

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » Sunday 01 March 2015 9:20

OK, it's happened again. One of the two motion sensors has stopped being reported in Domoticz. In the OpenZwave Control Panel I have:

Node Id Basic Type Generic Type Product Name Location Value Last Heard Status
7 BR Routing Slave Routing Binary Sensor Everspring SP103 PIR Motion Sensor off 08:09:23 Sleeping
11 BR Routing Slave Routing Binary Sensor Aeon Labs Multi Sensor off 18:18:01 Probe1 (sleeping)

For the SP103, that Last Heard time was today @ 08:09:23, whilst for the Aeon Labs Multi Sensor, that time was yesterday @ 18:18:01. Yet they have both been triggered by motion @ 08:09 today.

In Domoticz, I see:

011 (0x0b) Unknown Aeon Labs Multi Sensor 2015-02-28 18:17:13 false Heal node
007 (0x07) Unknown Everspring SP103 PIR Motion Sensor 2015-03-01 08:09:23 false Heal node

Notice that the Aeon Labs Multi Sensor is reporting a slightly different time. Is this significant?

cox1979
Domoticz version:

Post by cox1979 » Sunday 01 March 2015 15:29

gcoupe wrote:OK, it's happened again. One of the two motion sensors has stopped being reported in Domoticz. In the OpenZwave Control Panel I have:

Node Id Basic Type Generic Type Product Name Location Value Last Heard Status
7 BR Routing Slave Routing Binary Sensor Everspring SP103 PIR Motion Sensor off 08:09:23 Sleeping
11 BR Routing Slave Routing Binary Sensor Aeon Labs Multi Sensor off 18:18:01 Probe1 (sleeping)

For the SP103, that Last Heard time was today @ 08:09:23, whilst for the Aeon Labs Multi Sensor, that time was yesterday @ 18:18:01. Yet they have both been triggered by motion @ 08:09 today.

In Domoticz, I see:

011 (0x0b) Unknown Aeon Labs Multi Sensor 2015-02-28 18:17:13 false Heal node
007 (0x07) Unknown Everspring SP103 PIR Motion Sensor 2015-03-01 08:09:23 false Heal node

Notice that the Aeon Labs Multi Sensor is reporting a slightly different time. Is this significant?
All three of my 103´s still respond normally. Only thing I changed is the wakeup interval (set to 300sec for each of my battery operated sensors). I noticed your Multi Sensor has status "Probe1", I only see this status whenever I reboot the server or restart the z-wave driver and this status gets resolved after the next wakeup of the device. It goes from Probe1 to Dynamic(sleeping/awake) or Session or Associations to Sleeping (which is when it starts reporting motion, at least it does for me). So it needs somewhere between 2-3 wakeups before everything is back in a working state. For me with my 300sec wakeup interval this means 10-15 minutes and all is well. But if you have your wakeup interval set to 4 hours or so this could take up to 8-12 hours (!)

Only thing I can think of is that one of your devices briefly loses connection and it takes two or three wakeups to reestablish proper communication (no idea why this is as it is) .

I recently added a new siren to my z-wave network and noticed one of the motion sensors stopped responding right after the inclusion of the new device, it took two wakeups and it came back online by itself...

So, perhaps try to set them to a shorter interval and see what happens (battery drain seems manageable, but it definitely uses more juice)?

I think openzwave should fix this behaviour asap, there must be a lot of users having the same issues as we are...
Banana Pro
Aeon Labs Z-Stick S2

gcoupe

Post by gcoupe » Sunday 01 March 2015 16:04

Well, I've re-established communication with the Aeon Labs Multi Sensor by manually waking it up for 10 minutes (opening it up, and pressing the internal button three times), and then using Domoticz to read the configuration info from the device. That seems to have done the trick (and the Zwave Control Panel is now also showing it as "Sleeping" instead of Probe1).

I think you are right that communication is getting lost briefly somewhere along the line, and this throws a spanner into the works. It may well be in the OpenZwave component, although then I would expect users of other HA software that use the OpenZwave library to be complaining, besides us Domoticz users. I don't know if this is in fact the case. What I do know is that the sensors are 100% dependable in HomeGenie, and also in HomeSeer 3 (when I was trialling it). These HA software applications, however, use their own Zwave software, so I can't say for certain where the issue lies; either in Domoticz, OpenZwave, or the combination of the two.

netro
Domoticz version:

Post by netro » Wednesday 11 March 2015 22:50

I also have the same problem with my two ZP3102 EU PIR Motion Sensors.
They are very much asleep and I don't know how to wake them up.
I'm a little bit sad since this is my first experience of my new Z-Wave network.
It's hard to build a safe burglar alarm if the motion sensors go to deep sleep...
How is a downgrade of Domoticz performed?
I run Domoticz on a Raspberry Pi b+.
Or has anyone identified the real problem? ZP3102 EU PIR Motion Sensors seems to be quite common.