Sonoff(Tasmota) status not same as in Domoticz

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
snuiter
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta

Sonoff(Tasmota) status not same as in Domoticz

Post by snuiter » Monday 06 August 2018 20:22

Hi,
I have a few Sonoff devices flashed with Tasmota. Every few weeks the lights connected to the sonoff are reported to be switched off in Domoticz but actually they are still switched on. When I open the tasmota webinterface of the sonoff its actual status is still ON.

My perception was that with MQTT the status is being reported of the device, in this case the sonoff(tasmota) switch. So after a seconds/minutes it is reporting to domoticz that it is still On and then changes state in domoticz of the light switch. This is not happening.

Is there something wrong in my configuration, any suggestions how I can trouble shoot this?

Thanks
Ivo

jake

Re: Sonoff(Tasmota) status not same as in Domoticz

Post by jake » Friday 10 August 2018 18:59

The best solution would be separate 'mqtt virtual hardware': a new status would only be set after an acknowledgement from the device itself.

snuiter

Post by snuiter » Friday 10 August 2018 20:46

Hi Jake,
thanks for the reply, I have been searching the wiki and forum and subsequently the internet but I am not able to understand your comment. The sonoff/tasmota devices are implemented/controlled per wiki MQTT page.

The devices are controlled in domoticz by creating a virtual device, can you explain a bit further or point me to a forum topic or internet page explaining what you mean?

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards,
Ivo

Andyf66
Domoticz version:

Post by Andyf66 » Friday 10 August 2018 21:05

Are you using the MQTT Tasmota plugin to do the auto-configure?

I use it and it set everything up perfectly - state works transparently and almost instantly in both directions.

snuiter

Post by snuiter » Friday 10 August 2018 21:30

if you mean the domoticz hardware setup "MQTT Client Gateway with LAN interface" then yes I do.

The domoticz switches the light on/off instantly and perfectly but now I have had a few occassions that the night light is switched off in domoticz but the tasmota webinterface shows status "on".

Andyf66
Domoticz version:

Post by Andyf66 » Friday 10 August 2018 23:18

snuiter wrote:
Friday 10 August 2018 21:30
if you mean the domoticz hardware setup "MQTT Client Gateway with LAN interface" then yes I do.
Nope, that's a different plugin, its this one

https://github.com/emontnemery/domoticz_mqtt_discovery

snuiter

Post by snuiter » Saturday 11 August 2018 16:03

thanks I have installed the plugin, it worked as the tasmota/sonoff devices were auto discovered and added to domoticz. So I removed my old dummy ones. Now I need to check onsite if devices can be switched on/off and if my scripts are working and the original issue where the domoticz status was not aligned with the tasmota switch status.

Thanks so far for your help !!

Greetings,
Ivo

vikasaldana
Domoticz version:

Post by vikasaldana » Tuesday 28 August 2018 9:57

Ok, i managed to get the state change within HA to retain when turning the switch from 'off' to 'on'. While HA could turn the relay on, it didn't record this change and it was a code issue, rather than sonoff hardware issue, or issue with Tasmota or how i had configured each T1 switch.

The issue was that the topic, for a single channel device such as the sonoff basic or the T1 1 gang is 'POWER' and not 'POWER1' or POWER2.

While 'POWER 1' would work to switch the relay it didn't get a response. Once i changed from 'POWER1' to 'POWER' for both T1s and the sonoff basic they are all working spot on.
https://dltutuapp.com/ https://9apps.ooo/https://showbox.software/
I had only used Tasmota on a sonoff dual r2 before, so assumed 'POWER1' would relate to RELAY1, 'POWER2' would relate to RELAY2 etc.