Difference between SYSFS-Switches and Generic sysfs GPIO

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
OldPensionado
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153

Difference between SYSFS-Switches and Generic sysfs GPIO

Post by OldPensionado » Sunday 18 March 2018 18:37

Hi guys,

While defining hardware in Domoticz I encountered something weird. Or maybe not weird at all...
At Setup > Hardware I can choose a type of "Generic sysfs GPIO" and "SYSFS-Switches" (mind the use of capitals). And yes, I have installed the plugin GPIO-SYSFS. The difference is:
  • Generic sysfs GPIO leads to a checkbox "Autoconfigure devices" and a "Debounce" value to be entered.
  • choosing SYSFS-Switches results in information about a Wiki URL and a product URL, and - more important - a field "GPIO output pin numbers (comma separated)".
I've noticed that Domoticz at startup defines the output pins accordingly. In the logfile I can see "onStart called. Will now export SYSFS GPIO output pins".
My questions are:
  • why does this difference exists?
  • why can I only define an output pin and not an input pin here?
  • when defining a simple input which type should I use?
  • if I select "Generic SYSFS-Switches" where the connection with the input pin can be established?
Thanks in advance!
RPi 1, model B
Raspbian Jessie Lite
Domoticz V3.8153

Well, such is life. And it's getting sucher and sucher...