Modified temp sensors does not show up on master

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
ubee
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153

Modified temp sensors does not show up on master

Post by ubee » Monday 19 February 2018 8:59

I have two Rasps in a master slave configuration, both running latest stable (3.8153). On the slave I have several wireless temp sensors attached through a Rfxcom433 transceiver, and they are monitored by the master through the remote interface. This setup has worked fine for more than a year, but I have run into problems when I replaced the batteries in one of the sensors. I have learned the device id change when I replace the batteries. At least this happens with my cheap Viking sensors. But I have also learned I can inherit old temp data by the Edit, Replace operation, which means the "new" sensor looks the same as the before I replaced the battery, The only difference is the device id has changed.

But my problem is the "modified" sensor does not show up on the master! :evil: The old sensor is still visible on the master, but marked red since no new data has been available for a while. I have enabled "Accept new hardware devices" on the master and also made sure the modified sensors is enabled for the remote user under Options, Users. Still no trace of the "modfied" sensor. This is really annoying and soon I'm afraid I will have no temp sensors at all showing up on the master, since I probably need to replace more batteries in the near future.

Anyone who has an idea how to solve this issue?

ubee

Re: Modified temp sensors does not show up on master

Post by ubee » Sunday 25 February 2018 8:50

I will raise this issue again by this ping.

Any work around on this issue? How should trigger detection of this modified sensor on the remote interface?

ubee

Re: Modified temp sensors does not show up on master

Post by ubee » Sunday 04 March 2018 14:40

Hm, this seems to be a tricky thing to solve....

I'm a bit stuck and I don't know how to proceed with this. Since I monitor two houses too distant to be able to cover by one Rfxcom transceiver, I'm dependent on a two Domoticz installations in a master slave setup. I can of course delete all devices on the slave to see if they the pop again and become visible on the master. But I hesitate to do this since I have a number of sensors and they are also visible on floor plans. And it is a significant risk I have to redo this everytime I exchange batteries in one of the temp sensors....

I long for a method to reset the master slave interface so modified sensor show up again.

Edit: I found a workaround myself. When I deleted the old failing sensor on the master with the original device id 0c00, the modfied sensor with id 1c00 showed up! :? But the history was gone on the master. On the slave I have the history available since I adopted the old sensor.