Help with connecting Fibaro Dimmer 2 to Zwave.me usb stick

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
ReneICT
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Help with connecting Fibaro Dimmer 2 to Zwave.me usb stick

Post by ReneICT » Thursday 07 December 2017 1:34

Hello guys,

Today I spend quite some time reading a lot of different things about the Dimmer. But I don't seem to get it installed.
My setup consists of:

- Raspberry pi.
- Z-wave.me USB Stick.
- Fibaro Dimmer 2.

I don't know a lot about Electrics but I installed it nevertheless. I will insert a screenshot below of how I connected it.
I have 2 black wires and one brown wire (I live in the Netherlands). I assume the 2 black wires go to 2 different lamps but only one of them is connected.

I pretty much followed the 2 wired setup with the exception that I inserted the 2 control cables in the curly picture port at the right.
When I turn the power on the light (no led) starts calibrating. I see the led on the Fibaro dimmer device turn red, orange green. But after that it stays off. Is that normal? When I try to add it in as a node in Domoticz, it doesn't find it.

When I try to turn off the light (I just reconnected my old switch) it has a couple of modes (it seems). From brighter to less bright so it definitely seems to work. Just not the connection part. Do you guys have any tips for me of stuff I can check? I also installed domoticz on my pc, but I get the same result.

Any tips, ideas, etc are welcome. :)

mosjonathan
Domoticz version: Beta

Re: Help with connecting Fibaro Dimmer 2 to Zwave.me usb stick

Post by mosjonathan » Thursday 07 December 2017 10:58

set allow new hardware in setup settings

set your zwave.me stick in learning mode, hardware page click on the blue button behind the hardware entry

triple click the very little button on the dimmer (need to click very fast)
interface will confirm new node found.

go to device's page and see the device's added (click on the green arrow change the name and after that you can find the device in the switches tab

ReneICT
Domoticz version:

Post by ReneICT » Thursday 07 December 2017 17:10

I will try that when I get home tonight. Thanks a lot for the quick response, I will report back. :)

htilburgs
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by htilburgs » Thursday 07 December 2017 18:46

I’ve spend some time to find out the correct installation and configuration. I don’t own a zwave.me but a Aotec gen5 z-wave stick.

I made a blog, maybe it helps.
http://domotica.tilburgs.com/z-wave-en- ... -dimmer-2/
Hardware:
Raspberry Pi 2B - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Yeelight RGBW Led bulb - Yeelight Smart LED Light Strip - Neo Coolcam PIR Motion Sensor - Neo Coolcam PowerPlug

ReneICT
Domoticz version:

Post by ReneICT » Friday 08 December 2017 17:13

mosjonathan wrote:
Thursday 07 December 2017 10:58
set allow new hardware in setup settings

set your zwave.me stick in learning mode, hardware page click on the blue button behind the hardware entry

triple click the very little button on the dimmer (need to click very fast)
interface will confirm new node found.

go to device's page and see the device's added (click on the green arrow change the name and after that you can find the device in the switches tab
Hello I tried to do this, it told me that I had 5 minutes to connect a device. But when I tried to add a node I didn't get any further option to do so. I feel like my only option is to disconnect the one communication cable so it's technically one light that is affected for this.

I have a question for you guys. The Fibaro Dimmer device has a led on it that has three modes. Red, orange and green. Should that led be on all the time or is it normal that it isn't on? For me it only goes on when I turn on the power but after a few seconds it goes off again.

ReneICT
Domoticz version:

Post by ReneICT » Friday 08 December 2017 17:14

htilburgs wrote:
Thursday 07 December 2017 18:46
I’ve spend some time to find out the correct installation and configuration. I don’t own a zwave.me but a Aotec gen5 z-wave stick.

I made a blog, maybe it helps.
http://domotica.tilburgs.com/z-wave-en- ... -dimmer-2/
Hello Thank you for your reply. Sadly I can't even get it connected at the moment in domoticz. I feel like I've used the same scheme as you did with the exeption of the second controller cable. I will try and disconnect that one to see if that will solve my problem. It might be that the dimmer device is confused right now because of this.

mosjonathan
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by mosjonathan » Tuesday 12 December 2017 17:10

click on the little setup button behind openzwave ...... in your picture above.

after you click there should load another page click in the top right corner on node management then on include node.

htilburgs
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by htilburgs » Wednesday 13 December 2017 16:53

mosjonathan wrote:
Tuesday 12 December 2017 17:10
click on the little setup button behind openzwave ...... in your picture above.

after you click there should load another page click in the top right corner on node management then on include node.
See also: http://domotica.tilburgs.com/z-wave-en-z-wave-devices/
Hardware:
Raspberry Pi 2B - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Yeelight RGBW Led bulb - Yeelight Smart LED Light Strip - Neo Coolcam PIR Motion Sensor - Neo Coolcam PowerPlug