Login page reappears - can’t get further

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
calculon
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Login page reappears - can’t get further

Post by calculon » Wednesday 29 November 2017 10:43

Version 3.5877
Platform Raspberry Pi
Hardware RFXCOM 433e

I have Domoticz running at a remote site and communicating by reverse SSH over 3G. Everything has been fine for a week, but this morning when I enter my login details I get a quick glimpse of a screen saying ‘no devices found (or communication lost)’ for about one second. After that I get the login screen again.

I can SSH into the Pi - Domoticz is running, the RFXCOM is seen by the Pi. I have rebooted several times and restarted the local server. What can I try next?

calculon
Domoticz version:

Re: Login page reappears - can’t get further

Post by calculon » Wednesday 29 November 2017 12:53

I SSH’d into the remote Pi and went through the password reset procedure. With no login credentials I could access the web page. I retyped but didn’t change the password (I didn’t touch the username) and the fault returned.

I decided to change username and password completely, so went through the lost password procedure again. Domoticz would not start as ports 8080 and 443 were tied. I rebooted the local server, no change.

I stopped Domoticz, rebooted the server again, and started Domoticz again. No change.

I rebooted the Pi (Domoticz starts on boot.) I checked the status, it was running. I checked the webpage - I could log in, with the old username and password.

So the problem has gone away for now, but I don’t know why. Although it looks like it is something to do with the login procedure.

PS I had a different password problem in the past - someone suggested changing to basic auth. But I don’t get a login popup on my iPad if I try that - could that be because I have Adblock installed?

calculon
Domoticz version:

Post by calculon » Saturday 02 December 2017 10:42

After three days, the problem has reappeared this morning. Is there another method of protecting the system other than by a login page? As I said earlier, ‘basic auth’ doesn’t seem to work on my iPad, and whitelists are not an option.

calculon
Domoticz version:

Post by calculon » Wednesday 13 December 2017 10:22

This is now happening several times a week - does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing it? I’m now having to run my remote installation without password protection most of the time, which is a security concern.

calculon
Domoticz version:

Post by calculon » Wednesday 13 December 2017 15:06

Something else I have noticed today - when I disable the password I get the ‘new version available’ box appearing immediately. When I enable password access and log in the box does not appear. Could this be connected? I don’t want to upgrade at the moment as the system is 500km away and I won’t be able to fix it if something goes wrong.

calculon
Domoticz version:

Post by calculon » Thursday 14 December 2017 11:42

I think I’m talking into empty space here, but I’ll give it one last try before switching to Homeseer!

Recap:

I have a remote Pi running Domoticz which connects with a server over 3G using reverse SSH. It is set to reboot every morning. Around four days a week all is fine. Then I get a login page problem.

I enter the user and password. I get a brief glimpse of the ‘Domoticz’ header, which disappears. Then there is a brief glimpse of the ‘no devices defined’ message, which disappears. Then I am back to the login box. I can’t get any further.

If I SSH into the Pi I can bypass the login with nowwwpwd. Then if I reset the login details via the settings the problem returns.

If I delete the login details completely (is this the correct way to remove login protection - I can’t find any information?) the reboot fails the following day and I cannot make contact with the Pi at all! So far on the day after that everything is OK again.

I am in a cycle now - day 1 OK, day 2 can’t log in, day 3 no communication at all, day 4 OK. So it looks to me as if on day 2 there is something going wrong with the login procedure. I can only guess that on day 3 Domoticz is hanging the computer before the 3G link is established, but I am guessing.

I really would appreciate any help! This installation is close to being very useful, but not quite close enough!