Unable to enable Dzvents in Setup->Settings->Other

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
julianmclean
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Unable to enable Dzvents in Setup->Settings->Other

Post by julianmclean » Friday 10 November 2017 0:25

Version: 3.8714
Platform: RPI
Plugin/Hardware: n/a
Description: When attempting to set the DzVents Disabled toggle OFF (so that it is enabled), the setting does not "stick" when hitting "Apply Settings", and when going back in the UI, the toggle is ON again. Haven't been able to make it stick from the UI, requiring a data hack in SQLite to sort it out!

SweetPants
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: V3.8742

Re: Unable to enable Dzvents in Setup->Settings->Other

Post by SweetPants » Friday 10 November 2017 20:12

Cannot confirm this on V3.8717. What Theme do you use?

Nautilus
Domoticz version: beta

Post by Nautilus » Tuesday 14 November 2017 14:18

I faced the same issue today, tried with both elemental and default themes (after clearing cache and appcache). Eventually I had to modify the database to enable the event system again. I tried with a few days old beta first, then updated to 3.8734 and tried again but no luck. No errors visible in the console, it goes to Dashboard after saving the setting as it normally does, but then when I go back to respective settings tab all tick boxes related to events / dZvents are empty.
Last edited by Nautilus on Tuesday 14 November 2017 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

raymond
Domoticz version: V3.8275

Post by raymond » Tuesday 14 November 2017 14:21

I've just created a new topic, Apply Settings does not work on the latest stable v3.8153 for me either.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20391

Similar issue

raymond

Post by raymond » Tuesday 14 November 2017 14:39

Strange, I can set another theme but going back, the Settings still reflect default as the theme. It does change though ?!?

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Tuesday 14 November 2017 14:51

Well yes, actually I was also able to get a check back to dZvents by changing theme / emptying appcache and cache but at that point it did not reflect the actual status anymore. So dZvents was enabled even though the box was checked for disabling it and normal event were disabled even though the box to disable them was empty. All in all, it is a bit confusing that there is first an option to disable events and then an option to enable dZvents. I think both should be either enable or disable...

jake

Post by jake » Tuesday 14 November 2017 19:56

I had the same. In chrome my whole settings page is also besides and below the menu buttons. I opened domoticz with the Firefox browser and both the menu alignment was normal and the dzvents setting could be used as expected.

dannybloe
Domoticz version:

Post by dannybloe » Tuesday 14 November 2017 20:35

Nautilus wrote:
Tuesday 14 November 2017 14:51
Well yes, actually I was also able to get a check back to dZvents by changing theme / emptying appcache and cache but at that point it did not reflect the actual status anymore. So dZvents was enabled even though the box was checked for disabling it and normal event were disabled even though the box to disable them was empty. All in all, it is a bit confusing that there is first an option to disable events and then an option to enable dZvents. I think both should be either enable or disable...
Earlier the settings for enabling the lua event-system was to set the disable checkbox to false which is always hard UI-wise as this is not how people tend to think. When settings for dzVents were added I decided to make it similar to the setting for Lua (disable checkbox). At some point gizmocus correctly changed the checkbox from negative to positive and creating a migration in the database where the setting was negated as well. I also changed the setting for dzVents but only in the client (html and js code) so no migration was needed. It was just presentation. That does mean that other themes must also treat the value in a similar fashion.
Creator dzVents - RPi3, loads of zwave devices, esp8266, evohome.

julianmclean
Domoticz version:

Post by julianmclean » Tuesday 14 November 2017 22:30

Feels like something more fundamental here. I use the default theme and ANY time I Apply Settings from the UI, the dzVents "Disabled" toggled gets switched back on (and in the DB), necessitating a direct DB fix.

dannybloe
Domoticz version:

Post by dannybloe » Tuesday 14 November 2017 23:47

If you know some javascript and how to enable the development tools in for instance Chrome, you can figure out what settings data are sent back to Domoticz when you press Apply (you need to set a breakpoint as the javascript does an immediate reload of the page). When at that breakpoint you can inspect the network tab and see the actual payload that's sent. Thing is that on all instances that I run everywhere (many tests instances) I have never been able to reproduce this problem. So, some debugging would be helpful on a system where it doesn't work.
Creator dzVents - RPi3, loads of zwave devices, esp8266, evohome.

raymond

Post by raymond » Wednesday 15 November 2017 15:21

Version: 3.8739
Platform: RPI
Plugin/Hardware: n/a

Ok so the strange thing about this altogether is that some of the settings are changed (for example Theme) but once you check back into Settings, the values reflected are not correct, or even changed back.

I moved from the latest stable to the latest Beta, which seems to improve somewhat. I could enable the Events and dzEvents by flipping the switches, and they are reflecting that value still when I return to the Settings page.

Changing for example the Counters Cost T1, it is never saved/applied and reflects the old values still.

I'm not that bright on creating the breakpoint in Chrome as asked, but it seems a good way of getting extra infos.

Ray