z-wave devices not working

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
JuanUil
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 2.xx

z-wave devices not working

Post by JuanUil » Tuesday 10 October 2017 21:40

Hi all,

I'm on the latest beta and I'm having problems with my z-wave devices.
At random some of the devices are not recognised any more.
The one time it is a fibaro double switch, the other time its a normal switch or a wallplug.
In the z-wave control panel I can activate the switch but in domoticz not.
It gives the announcement: problem with device please check device.
In the log it even give that the node is not found

Please help because my wife is making me crazy :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll:

edit:
Went back to my rpi2 and stable version and everything working again
pffttt getting crazy as well :o :o
Jan
Your mind is like a parachute,
It only works when it is opened!

AimoPaukku
Domoticz version: Latest

Re: z-wave devices not working

Post by AimoPaukku » Friday 13 October 2017 16:41

i have to do same :evil:

Z-wave broken

lost
Domoticz version:

Post by lost » Friday 13 October 2017 17:58

JuanUil wrote:
Tuesday 10 October 2017 21:40
Went back to my rpi2 and stable version and everything working again
pffttt getting crazy as well :o :o
I have migrated from old stable to current & to stretch as well because my current uSD was starting to fail (had to restore 2 full image backups in a month after hanging in IO errors)...

And got into a lot of problems, only with battery powered z-wave modules: Half of them appeared with IDs at 0, a few restarted after waking them up or a battery unplug... But some not & I have a lot!

Had to reinclude them, update some scripts using IDx that changed afterr re-inclusion... lost a year for many sensor data until I noticed there was a "replace" possibility.

What I found crazy is that in hardware tab, updates times shows there was still some communication. But no data was making it's way to domoticz switches/sensors.

I'll will now think twice when buying new z-wave modules... especially those battery powered.

ahattink
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:

Post by ahattink » Monday 16 October 2017 20:52

Just migrated to an fresh Pi 3B.
Installed a fresh OS and Fresh Domoticz.
Restored my database and it seams to be working fine, but....
After a few hours i noticed some of my switches were not responding, and scripts based on actions of these switches were not performed.
Rebooting, checking and so on, but nothing worked.
Placed my old Pi and worked again.
So new Pi and new OS/Domoticz and Zwave is buggy??

xyntec
Target OS: NAS (Synology & others)
Domoticz version:

Post by xyntec » Friday 10 November 2017 17:10

I'm new to all of this, have been using KaKu for years, recently changed to Homey and started to use some Zwave devices (Neo wallplugs, neo flood sensor, neo motion sensor, qubino dimmer2, qubino 2 relay, Fibaro RGBW and a remotec scene master). I like how it works, but would like to get info from my Satel Integra, so after a lot of googling came to the fact of using Domoticz. (Should have read before....)
So I started out with installing on my synology, but I did not get anything to work, Zwave nothing (Aeon gen 5 USB stick) and RFXcom I think once I saw 1 switch, so finally bought a raspberry B3 with a Razberry Zwave board. I have about tried everything, different images, changed the AMAo port to USb20 , disabled BT etc, first installed Zway, then disabled it and after installed domoticz etc etc, but whatever I tried, no Zwave devices were recognized. All the time I tried things I started out with a fresh image again, to avoid too much clutter in the PI. So then I removed the Razberry and started new again using the Aeon in the Rapberry, but again whatever I do, nothing is recognized. I can't include, and neither do I see any zwave devices in my device list. (All the Kaku stuff I have work fine for that matter, have only used direct switching, haven't tried scripting yet, but for now that's not important)
I really don't understand, as far as I can see I'm not forgetting anything, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Do I need to load any drivers or libs or apps of any kind to have a certain zwave device be recognized?
Does a device need to be included? (I thought normally only the powered devices were included, and not the battery powered?
Do I need to do something first with the Aeon before I can use it? I even tried directly with the Aeon by pressing the button, it starts blinking blue slowly, after that I should press the include button and the light should go solid according to instructions, but even that does not work, it just keeps blinking.
Could be broken but I don't think so, both the Razberry and the Aeon never worked, both do show up at the correct port and with a blue colored setting button (not at the same time of course - only use the Aeon for now)
I think I tried all the tutorials but nothing seems to work, maybe I'm expecting it to work differently than it's supposed to, I have no clue.
Any help would be appreciated to get going
Thanks
Attachments
2017-11-10_160745.jpg
2017-11-10_160745.jpg (103 KiB) Viewed 455 times

Westcott
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by Westcott » Friday 10 November 2017 17:26

Are your zwave devices still linked to the Homey controller?
They need to be excluded individually from it before your new Razberry controller can see them.
Zwave - Sigma Z+ stick, Fibaro 2x FGSD002, FGMS001
Horstmann - 2x HRT4, 2x C-stat-11, 4x ASR-ZW, TKB 2x TZ56, 2x TZ68E
Max-EQ Cube, Valve, Neo 2x door
RFXtrx433E, RFlink - 1byone driveway, doorbell, Oregon and BangGood temp
Wifi - YeeLight RGB, 3x ESP8266

McMieras
Domoticz version:

Post by McMieras » Saturday 11 November 2017 13:50

I have the same.
Last 2-3 weeks I lost 6 nodes, 3x Aeotec smart switch 6 and 3x Qubino Flush 1D
2 of the wall switches (after ex/including) came back as none z-wave plus and Routing slave (binary power switch) instead as z-wave+ and on/off switch, but they work.
Going back to stable version did not do the trick, so did some updates and now monitoring

Regards

xyntec
Domoticz version:

Post by xyntec » Saturday 11 November 2017 16:54

I have never included any in my homey, only added them, or is that the same?? I thought including was that they will resend the signals?
I just use them for switching on/off, but then again, I have tried adding a brandnew Fibaro RGBW switch which has not been configured in homey yet and it also does not detect. I did some more tests today, also found out that if I disable the blinking led on the zstick from within domoticz, it just keeps blinking anyway, also opened the zwave control panel, doesn't show up anything either, reset the zwave stick to factory, no change.
Removed some devices from homey and tried again, no change, don't understand it, the RFXcom works flawless, I see every device in the list after a while, so why doesn't there show up any zwave device that I can add?

xyntec
Domoticz version:

Post by xyntec » Saturday 11 November 2017 17:49

Started to doubt the Zstick, but just installed InControl Home Automation and tried to add 2 devices and they instantly worked, so the Zstick is working fine, must be domoticz then that's not detecting my devices? Do I need to add some library (open zwave) or something??

EDIT: seems to work now! Think indeed it was the problem that they still were connected to the homey.
So next question then...is it with Zwave always possible to only have one controller? With all the Kaku stuff I always had a backup device in case the controller broke down, what if my PI breaks down? Or if the Zwave stick stops working? Do I have to exclude/include all the devices again then on another controller? Or for example if the pi breaks down and I put the zwave stick in my pc and run the domotics from there it works again? (of course after importing the domoticz db file)

Draakje
Domoticz version: 3.5468

Post by Draakje » Monday 13 November 2017 9:18

I seem to have this problem (or similar) as well.

I have NEO Cool Cam plugs which are connected to the z-wave stick. (Aeotec z-wave+) on one device The KhW metering is offline but Watts metering is still functioning ...

So I am at a loss. The Stick is getting all readings...

Another problem i have is that I seem to be unable to delete a device.. I stays in the list of connected devices (stick control) and it is listed as dead.. But I cannot remove it.

Any tips on both problems ?
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3, OTGW, 433MHz Superheterodyne 3310 RF Link
Software: Ubuntu 16.04, Domoticz v3.5468, WiringPi, rc-switch

LouiS22
Domoticz version: beta

Post by LouiS22 » Monday 13 November 2017 11:16

Draakje wrote:
Monday 13 November 2017 9:18

I have NEO Cool Cam plugs which are connected to the z-wave stick. (Aeotec z-wave+) on one device The KhW metering is offline but Watts metering is still functioning ...

Another problem i have is that I seem to be unable to delete a device.. I stays in the list of connected devices (stick control) and it is listed as dead.. But I cannot remove it.

Deleting a node is not the same as deleting the device in Domoticz. If I understand correctly, you deleted, not excluded the node (the plug). What you can do: Start exlusion in Domoticz at OZW control panel (Node management/Exclude). After that follow neo coolcam's exclusion process from the users manual (I believe you have to press 3 times (not sure) the button within 2 seconds (please check the manual, as I said I'm not sure this is the correct exclusion process). If all goes well, device will be removed from you OZW network and you can reinclude the device again. Hope it helps. Regarding the kwh problem, you have to enable metering mode in parameter 1 to get the reading.

Draakje
Domoticz version: 3.5468

Post by Draakje » Monday 13 November 2017 11:20

LouiS22 wrote:
Monday 13 November 2017 11:16
Draakje wrote:
Monday 13 November 2017 9:18

Deleting a node is not the same as deleting the device in Domoticz. If I understand correctly, you deleted, not excluded the node (the plug). What you can do: Start exlusion in Domoticz at OZW control panel (Node management/Exclude). After that follow neo coolcam's exclusion process from the users manual (I believe you have to press 3 times (not sure) the button within 2 seconds (please check the manual, as I said I'm not sure this is the correct exclusion process). If all goes well, device will be removed from you OZW network and you can reinclude the device again. Hope it helps. Regarding the kwh problem, you have to enable metering mode in parameter 1 to get the reading.
Thanks for your reply.

As I can read I did not make myself clear enough :)
The problem is I cannot delete the node from the Z-Wave. As a result the devices keep on getting back in Domoticz.
But nevertheless I will try your way of the exclusion process and see where that will get me :)

As for the metering it is turned on but I have this feeling there is something not quite right on the z-wave level.. I will first figure that out :)
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3, OTGW, 433MHz Superheterodyne 3310 RF Link
Software: Ubuntu 16.04, Domoticz v3.5468, WiringPi, rc-switch