Mi_light Ibox v6 (API) not working

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
tontze
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Mi_light Ibox v6 (API) not working

Post by tontze » Friday 03 March 2017 12:23

Hi !

I just received my e27 RGBWW and IBOX V6, added to domoticz all fine :) Except when i look some pictures on this thread, i see pre-made modes (disco etc.) under the switch in domoticz, but i can not find such from my setup ? Do i need to enable them somewhere ?

Also, status is not updated in domoticz if lamp is switched on with phone app ? Should it update ?

Picture under taken from another post, i dont see those modes at all ?

-----------------------------------------
Rpi 3 / Razberry 2
RFLink 433mhz / Nrf 2.4Ghz
Mi Light
ESP82xx

CaptainSlow
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by CaptainSlow » Friday 03 March 2017 12:30

Milight commands are fire and forget so no updates to other clients.

cverhoef
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version: Dev

Post by cverhoef » Friday 03 March 2017 12:57

tontze wrote: I just received my e27 RGBWW and IBOX V6, added to domoticz all fine :) Except when i look some pictures on this thread, i see pre-made modes (disco etc.) under the switch in domoticz, but i can not find such from my setup ? Do i need to enable them somewhere ?
When you have setup the device as RGBWW or RGBW the pre-made modes should appear if you are using at least beta v6807

tontze
Domoticz version:

Post by tontze » Friday 03 March 2017 16:14

cverhoef wrote:
tontze wrote: I just received my e27 RGBWW and IBOX V6, added to domoticz all fine :) Except when i look some pictures on this thread, i see pre-made modes (disco etc.) under the switch in domoticz, but i can not find such from my setup ? Do i need to enable them somewhere ?
When you have setup the device as RGBWW or RGBW the pre-made modes should appear if you are using at least beta v6807
Ah yes sry, they are only available under switches tab, not in dashboard ..
Last edited by tontze on Friday 03 March 2017 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
Rpi 3 / Razberry 2
Mi Light
ESP82xx

CaptainSlow
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by CaptainSlow » Friday 03 March 2017 16:26

CaptainSlow wrote:Milight commands are fire and forget so no updates to other clients.

tontze
Domoticz version:

Post by tontze » Friday 03 March 2017 16:30

CaptainSlow wrote:Milight commands are fire and forget so no updates to other clients.
thats :(
Rpi 3 / Razberry 2
Mi Light
ESP82xx

Nautilus
Domoticz version: beta

Post by Nautilus » Saturday 04 March 2017 0:25

tontze wrote:
Seems you have RFLink so I'd suggest to invest the ~2€ to a NRF24L01 chip to catch commands from MiLight remotes / bridge (well, as of now v6 is not yet implemented, hopefully in near future). Then you'll probably be able to build something that reflects the MiLights' status to Domoticz...

tontze
Domoticz version:

Post by tontze » Saturday 04 March 2017 10:38

Nautilus wrote:
tontze wrote:
Seems you have RFLink so I'd suggest to invest the ~2€ to a NRF24L01 chip to catch commands from MiLight remotes / bridge (well, as of now v6 is not yet implemented, hopefully in near future). Then you'll probably be able to build something that reflects the MiLights' status to Domoticz...
I have it on the way :) I just dont know how to LUA/python :/ Thats a bit of a problem :D

I remember back in the days when i listened my intranet with some software which dont remember what it was, i could pick up and ip and listen all the traffic that went/came from there. Couldnt listening milight lamps be done that way ? I know i cant listen physical switchs, but im ordering this too :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262782866454?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Rpi 3 / Razberry 2
Mi Light
ESP82xx

RayAmsterdam
Domoticz version:

Post by RayAmsterdam » Saturday 04 March 2017 19:12

Milight remotes use rf to communicate directly with the lamps, so does the LAN controller. There is no feedback from the remotes or lamps towards the controller. I read that v7 will have feedback.

deennoo

Re: RE: Re: Mi_light Ibox v6 (API) not working

Post by deennoo » Saturday 04 March 2017 23:58

Nautilus wrote:
tontze wrote:
I do this via LUA script , it check bridge and remote order and update device on my domoticz.
i will provid soon a how to on m'y blog : www.domo-attitude.fr
Domoticz stable 3.5877 for real & Domoticz beta for test
Rfxtrxe / RFLink / Milight / Yeelight / ESP8266 / MQTT / BLE
http://domo-attitude.fr

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Sunday 05 March 2017 0:16

tontze wrote: I have it on the way :) I just dont know how to LUA/python :/ Thats a bit of a problem :D

I remember back in the days when i listened my intranet with some software which dont remember what it was, i could pick up and ip and listen all the traffic that went/came from there. Couldnt listening milight lamps be done that way ? I know i cant listen physical switchs, but im ordering this too :

As RayAmsterdam above notes, the communication towards bulbs is 2.4Ghz so there isn't anything in your network to listen to when it comes to those...:) Pretty much the only way (that I'm aware of at least, easiest for sure) to catch the commands to the bulbs and share this information with Domoticz is to use RFLink equipped with NRF24L01. In guess in theory you could listen the traffic between phone app and bridge, but doubt there is any easy way to make sense of it and it will leave out all the physical remotes.

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Sunday 05 March 2017 0:19

deennoo wrote: I do this via LUA script , it check bridge and remote order and update device on my domoticz.
i will provid soon a how to on m'y blog : http://www.domo-attitude.fr
Very interested to see your approach, please inform us here when you blog about it :D

deennoo

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mi_light Ibox v6 (API) not working

Post by deennoo » Sunday 05 March 2017 0:21

Nautilus wrote:
deennoo wrote: I do this via LUA script , it check bridge and remote order and update device on my domoticz.
Very interested to see your approach, please inform us here when you blog about it :D
Idea is simple :
I use rflink to record remote and bridge command.

Then the script is trigger if remote or bridge command is record by rflink and just "update device status" and not change it.

Nautilus

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Mi_light Ibox v6 (API) not working

Post by Nautilus » Sunday 05 March 2017 0:30

deennoo wrote:
Nautilus wrote:
Idea is simple :
I use rflink to record remote and bridge command.

Then the script is trigger if remote or bridge command is record by rflink and just "update device status" and not change it.
Is it detecting just on/off status or brightness / color as well? What I'm a bit afraid of is that the touch remote is sending something repeatedly when e.g. dimming or using the color wheel and I wouldn't want RFLink / Domoticz to choke on these commands..:)

deennoo

Post by deennoo » Sunday 05 March 2017 8:03

Wait and see

ArieKanarie
Domoticz version:

Post by ArieKanarie » Sunday 05 March 2017 10:55

I have a NRF24L01 attached to my pi for my mysensors devices. Could I theoretically use that to send/sniff my milights?

tontze
Domoticz version:

Post by tontze » Sunday 05 March 2017 11:16

Nautilus wrote:
tontze wrote: I have it on the way :) I just dont know how to LUA/python :/ Thats a bit of a problem :D

As RayAmsterdam above notes, the communication towards bulbs is 2.4Ghz so there isn't anything in your network to listen to when it comes to those...:) Pretty much the only way (that I'm aware of at least, easiest for sure) to catch the commands to the bulbs and share this information with Domoticz is to use RFLink equipped with NRF24L01. In guess in theory you could listen the traffic between phone app and bridge, but doubt there is any easy way to make sense of it and it will leave out all the physical remotes.
Ok, didnt knew that, thnx for pointing that out :) Makes more sense now when thinking what bridge is doing lol :D
Rpi 3 / Razberry 2
Mi Light
ESP82xx

tontze
Domoticz version:

Post by tontze » Sunday 05 March 2017 11:16

Nautilus wrote:
Nice, gotta check it out :D
Rpi 3 / Razberry 2
Mi Light
ESP82xx

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Wednesday 08 March 2017 8:50

Maybe this is known already but didn't find it here so thought it is worth mentioning. It seems that "SpeedUp" and "SpeedDown" commands turn on all the lights controlled by the bridge (or at least the certain type of lights, e.g. RGBW I am able to confirm).

@cverhoef / deennoo, do you think the color temperature controls will be merged soon to Domoticz master? Saw some work done on this in the forked repository... Excellent work! :D

edit: probably just my setup, but for some reason I'm seeing this a lot lately (very rarely before):

Code: Select all

2017-03-08 08:22:43.138 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:23:22.678 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:40:41.979 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:40:45.183 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:53:43.391 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:54:13.516 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:54:16.720 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:54:29.899 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:54:36.285 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:54:39.489 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 08:59:32.287 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 09:20:27.988 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 09:41:24.172 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
2017-03-08 09:41:40.121 Error: AppLamp: Error sending command to Bridge!...
Is it just me (as I assume)? Still running 3.6818 which is from about a week ago.

Edit2: above problem is affecting only my ibox2, it is setup like iBox1 and working fine with the app, due to location wifi strength is a bit lower (50%, iBox1 and v5 boxes are at 60-70% signal strength). Can this be the reason?

cverhoef
Domoticz version: Dev

Post by cverhoef » Wednesday 08 March 2017 19:49

It seems that "SpeedUp" and "SpeedDown" commands turn on all the lights controlled by the bridge (or at least the certain type of lights, e.g. RGBW I am able to confirm).
This is know and already fixed in my fork
do you think the color temperature controls will be merged soon to Domoticz master?
As soon as we are finished, but we do this in spare time so it could take some time.
Error sending command to Bridge!...
When you get this error, probably the wifi connection is not stable enough or we are sending a wrong command to the ibox. Do you see these errors with specific commands?