Mi_light Ibox v6 (API) not working

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post

Please mark your topic as Solved when the problem is solved.
matv
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.5877

Re: Mi_light Ibox v6 (API) not working

Post by matv » Wednesday 08 February 2017 12:21

This new hardware devices option works great!
Response time is noticeably faster than with the scripts (bwydoogh's/LumKitty's), even when running them in this beta.
Response now feels almost immediate, definitely fast enough for the normal, simple, daily user that I am.

I was wondering if it is also possible to set a fade-in time somewhere, like with LumKitty's script.
(That one I use as an alarm clock light, waking my up by fading in over the course of 1-2 minutes)
CaptainSlow wrote:...
Option 2) The "normal" way by adding the Limitlessled/applamp hardware. 5 devices automatically added of which I use 1 in the switches tab called applamp Group1 (second row screenshot).

devices.PNG
setup.PNG

May I ask how you added the first 3 switches?
I only managed to get the 'AppLamp Group 1' switch with the colored cubes icon.

gizmocuz
Domoticz version: beta

Post by gizmocuz » Wednesday 08 February 2017 12:43

You can create a scene, and add the light multiple times to it, each time with a higher on-delay, with a higher brightness
Quality outlives Quantity!

CaptainSlow
Domoticz version: Beta

Post by CaptainSlow » Wednesday 08 February 2017 13:36

matv wrote: May I ask how you added the first 3 switches?
I only managed to get the 'AppLamp Group 1' switch with the colored cubes icon.
sure...just create 1 "dummy hardware does nothing" and then add as many virtual sensors you want.
I use a basic working python script for which I posted the github link in an earlier post.

w.

tlpeter

Post by tlpeter » Wednesday 08 February 2017 13:39

CaptainSlow wrote:Hello Pete,

Have you read this page?....you don't need a remote to work milight and domoticz.....If you already read this page and it still doesn't work then I'm afraid I don't know what the problem is.
http://www.milight.com/support/

regards

w.
Yes i did and it is outdated and not for the v6.
I ordered one now with zones so maybe that one works.

matv

Post by matv » Thursday 09 February 2017 12:22

gizmocuz wrote:You can create a scene, and add the light multiple times to it, each time with a higher on-delay, with a higher brightness
Smart! Thanks, works like a charm :)
CaptainSlow wrote:sure...just create 1 "dummy hardware does nothing" and then add as many virtual sensors you want.
I use a basic working python script for which I posted the github link in an earlier post.
I'm still struggling with the last step.
I created the dummy hardware and the virtual sensor 'selector switch'. I pointed the virtual sensor to the github script and it works.
However I don't fully understand how to create the 25%/50% buttons that I saw in your screenshot. Who can point me in the right direction?

CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow » Thursday 09 February 2017 12:31

Hello Mat,...

does this help?....
selector.PNG
selector.PNG (184.37 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

matv

Post by matv » Thursday 09 February 2017 12:37

Thanks!
As you can see in my screenshot I somehow didn't have access to the 'Actions' section.
I think the problem was the fact that I created the virtual sensor as a Light Switch before changing the type to Selector.
Deleting this sensor and creating one with the Selector type right from the start did show me all the necessary fields.
(In addition I also used this step by step explanation: https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/4933/ ... tutorial/2)

Good stuff :)

CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow » Thursday 09 February 2017 12:50

Nice...does it work?

w.

matv

Post by matv » Thursday 09 February 2017 13:24

Works very well! I find it an accessible and intuitive wat to quickly change temp/brightness :)

Downside however is that it seems impossible to use these settings virtual sensors in the Scenes section, this is why:
When I edit a scene, and add on of the virtual sensors in the Device section (bottom), I need to specify a command (On/Off/Stop from the pulldown menu). The virtual sensors only have an OFF command since they are the 'selector' type, and after one OFF command one can only add a STOP device (and after that one, nothing).
This prevents me from setting an afternoon fade from cool white to warm white over the course of a few hours.

Of course I can use the color picker instead, but with that it seems only possible to access RGB mode (no WW from cool to warm white).
- edit - By dragging the color picker to the left I am actually able to select cold white. Learning new stuff every day ;)

ArieKanarie
Domoticz version:

Post by ArieKanarie » Thursday 09 February 2017 15:06

Great that there is suppor now for the V6!

I might be crazy or stupid (or both) but I can't get my milights to work.
Installed de latest beta (V3.6630), and after deleting all cache I finally got the dropdown to select V6.

Added the bridge, got 11 new devices (bridge + 5xRGBW + 5xRGBWW), activated the right group, but whatever I do, the commands have zero effect on the light, no on/off, no color, no brightness..

The log says
2017-02-09 14:00:31.375 AppLamp: Worker Started...
2017-02-09 14:00:37.375 AppLamp: Worker stopped...
2017-02-09 14:00:37.386 AppLamp: Worker Started...
2017-02-09 14:00:38.596 AppLamp: Bridge found!..
2017-02-09 14:02:36.143 User: Admin initiated a switch command (202/Staande Lamp Woonkamer/On)
Any ideas?

CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow » Thursday 09 February 2017 15:10

did you set it to rgbww?...does your remote work properly?....did you link all bulbs with e milight 3.0 app?

w.

ArieKanarie
Domoticz version:

Post by ArieKanarie » Thursday 09 February 2017 15:21

Yes I did set it to RGBWW, selected the RGBWW device (also tried the rgbw devices that was added), the remote and the app both work fine with the selected groups, the milight app is V3.3.

Now you're asking, it might be that the very first time I received them, I linked them with the remote, but after that (just did it again) I unlinked & linked them several times using the app, might that be the problem?

CaptainSlow

Post by CaptainSlow » Thursday 09 February 2017 15:33

Not sure....I would try unlink everything except the remote. Reset the bridge and then link all bulbs with the app....I'm pretty sure thats what I did....

w.

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Thursday 09 February 2017 15:42

ArieKanarie wrote:...might that be the problem?
CaptainSlow wrote:Not sure....I would try unlink everything except the remote. Reset the bridge and then link all bulbs with the app....I'm pretty sure thats what I did....

w.
I don't think any unlinking is required as long as it is working via the iBox(2), i.e. via MiLight 3.0 app. Quite many here have missed the correct port, which is by default 5987. Have you ArieKanarie checked that?

ArieKanarie
Domoticz version:

Post by ArieKanarie » Thursday 09 February 2017 15:50

Yes I've seen that.
The bridge works default on port 8899 (as mentioned before by another user) so not sure why should using port 5987?
Anyway, changed the port on the bridge to 5987, used it in the configuration of Domoticz...

At the moment resetting the bridge and after that connect the bulbs only using the app, will post the result.

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Thursday 09 February 2017 15:57

ArieKanarie wrote:Yes I've seen that.
The bridge works default on port 8899 (as mentioned before by another user) so not sure why should using port 5987?
Anyway, changed the port on the bridge to 5987, used it in the configuration of Domoticz...

At the moment resetting the bridge and after that connect the bulbs only using the app, will post the result.
No, 5987 is the default for v6 bridge, 8899 for v5 and before that. And no need to do any unlinking (in my opinion) - just make sure it is linked with the b6 bridge (=iBox1/2)! :D

ArieKanarie
Domoticz version:

Post by ArieKanarie » Thursday 09 February 2017 16:20

hmmm, I assumed I had a V6 box (not the light, just the bridge), maybe that's the confusion. :shock:
Wahtaver I have, very sure it is on port 8899 by default (just did a factory reset), when I add it as a V4/V5 bridge in Domoticz I don't get the message "bridge found" in the log, changing it to V6 does give this message.

Also, unlinking the remote and linking trough the app doesn't make a difference.

-edit-
Wifi Ibox Controller . Model no: Ibox2

These are the settings, factury default is port 8899

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Thursday 09 February 2017 16:31

ArieKanarie wrote:hmmm, I assumed I had a V6 box (not the light, just the bridge), maybe that's the confusion. :shock:
Wahtaver I have, very sure it is on port 8899 by default (just did a factory reset), when I add it as a V4/V5 bridge in Domoticz I don't get the message "bridge found" in the log, changing it to V6 does give this message.

Also, unlinking the remote and linking trough the app doesn't make a difference.

-edit-
Wifi Ibox Controller . Model no: Ibox2
Yes I think you have v6 bridge (iBox2), I have it too and use the default settings which at least for me means that the port is 5987. Did you try it by any chance? Don't worry, in the web UI of the box, it says in "Network Parameters setting" that "Port ID" is 8899. But no, the port that must be configured to Domoticz (and for various other scripts that are available and linked also to this thread) are all using 5987 as the default port.

edit:Just saw the screenshot you added and no, do not change the "Port ID" there, you can leave it to 8899. But use 5987 in Domoticz setup!

ArieKanarie
Domoticz version:

Post by ArieKanarie » Thursday 09 February 2017 17:05

Nautilus wrote: edit:Just saw the screenshot you added and no, do not change the "Port ID" there, you can leave it to 8899. But use 5987 in Domoticz setup!
ah ok :lol:
ok, changed it back to 8899 in webui, left it on port 5987 in Domoticz (deleted/added the device again), but still no success.
Tried the AppLamp All device, does nothing too...

Could it be a firewall/filter issue? Although it is internal and the app is working,so I guess not

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Thursday 09 February 2017 17:25

ArieKanarie wrote:Could it be a firewall/filter issue? Although it is internal and the app is working,so I guess not
Guess it could but as you say, most probably not. Btw, which bulbs (the type I mean, are they RGB+CCT, sometimes referred as RGBWW) you are using and which "remote" did you use when linking them to the iBox2? Just to make sure the bridge is really controlling your lights with the RGBWW (type in Domoticz for RGB+CCT [and RGBWW]) v6 protocol...