Problem with the positioning Blinds FGRM-222 in Domoticz Topic is solved

Please use template to report bugs and problems. Post here your questions when not sure where else to post
Only for bugs in the Domoticz application! other problems go in different subforums!
Forum rules
Before posting here, make sure you are on the latest Beta or Stable version.
If you have problems related to the web gui, clear your browser cache + appcache first.

Use the following template when posting here:

Version: xxxx
Platform: xxxx
Plugin/Hardware: xxxx
Description:

If you are having problems with scripts/blockly, always post the script (in a spoiler or code tag) or screenshots of your blockly

If you are replying, please do not quote images/code from the first post
jvandenbroek
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta

Re: Problem with the positioning Blinds FGRM-222 in Domoticz

Post by jvandenbroek » Thursday 08 June 2017 13:32

htilburgs wrote: Reading the latest posts from you, I'm very confused about the behavior of your blinds / FGRM-222.
I'm currently working on changing the code, so that when you press Close while previously a level set lower than 100, it will actually send that level instead of a Close (On) command. Now the blinds always fully close on Close command, despite the level, which is confusing. Will get an update out soon.

Edit: I wanted to explain why his posts seem confusing, but actually I think I understand the issue ;)

Pushed pull request: https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/pull/1603

jvandenbroek

Post by jvandenbroek » Thursday 08 June 2017 16:37

dartflag wrote: another example, now I've a blind totally open, but I've in domoticz web interface this
Capture d’écran 3.png
and the values are
"Data" : "Open",
"Level" : 58,
"LevelInt" : 58,
"MaxDimLevel" : 100,
"Status" : "Open",

why it is not level : 0%? but 58%?
This is as intended, it will show the previous set level and the 'Data/Status' field tells you it's open. This allows you to easily close it back to the previously set level by just sending a close command. But for that to actually work, the following needs to be merged first: https://github.com/domoticz/domoticz/pull/1603

htilburgs
Domoticz version: Stable

Post by htilburgs » Thursday 08 June 2017 20:34

I think the current way is the better way.

Open=open
Close=close
Slider=percentage

When I use the slider (for example 50%) it's not default, but more an exception. When I understand you right after closing the shutter and opening it again it will stop on 50%, because this is the last saved value?

I'm using scenes for default % like 50% and 75% and like the way it works right now. Please consider not to merge the changes, but leave it like it is right now. The current way is clear for everyone.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hardware:
Raspberry Pi 2B - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Yeelight RGBW Led bulb - Yeelight Smart LED Light Strip - Neo Coolcam PIR Motion Sensor - Neo Coolcam PowerPlug

dartflag
Domoticz version:

Post by dartflag » Thursday 08 June 2017 20:55

jvandenbroek wrote:What happens if you press the Close button? Will it always fully close your blinds, despite of it's level setting? If that's the case, I need to reconsider the logic behind this..
so the actual situation I have is

when I push on the close button I've in the domoticz web interface
Capture d’écran 1.png
Capture d’écran 1.png (26.58 KiB) Viewed 734 times
and values in http://192.168.xx.xx:8080/json.htm?type=devices&rid=96
"Data" : "Closed",
"Level" : 100,
"LevelInt" : 100,
"Status" : "Closed",

when I push on the open button I've in the domoticz web interface
Capture d’écran 2.png
Capture d’écran 2.png (26.87 KiB) Viewed 734 times
"Data" : "Open",
"Level" : 100,
"LevelInt" : 100,
"Status" : "Open",

when I push on the dimmer to 34% I've in the domoticz web interface
Capture d’écran 3.png
Capture d’écran 3.png (29.8 KiB) Viewed 734 times
"Data" : "Closed",
"Level" : 34,
"LevelInt" : 34,
"Status" : "Closed",

jvandenbroek

Post by jvandenbroek » Thursday 08 June 2017 21:10

htilburgs wrote:I think the current way is the better way.

Open=open
Close=close
Slider=percentage

When I use the slider (for example 50%) it's not default, but more an exception. When I understand you right after closing the shutter and opening it again it will stop on 50%, because this is the last saved value?

I'm using scenes for default % like 50% and 75% and like the way it works right now. Please consider not to merge the changes, but leave it like it is right now. The current way is clear for everyone.

That's debatable, I think it's better to act like a dimmer (restore last value). For full close you can use e.g. a virtual blinds device to set the level to 100 (which sends the On command). But I agree we need to discuss this a little bit more before merging, I'll refer to this comment in the request.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N930F met Tapatalk

dartflag
Domoticz version:

Post by dartflag » Thursday 08 June 2017 23:10

but I don't understand, why before it worked perfectly on all my blinds? and now it is a nightmare? Don't know if an upgrade of domoticz do all this trouble?

but for me it not a problem with the physical blinds, because when I push to the physical button, the blinds opened, closed, slide to 30% etc.. without problem, it is only a problem with the picture in the web domoticz interface.

I don't understand when I close the blind, the physical blind close ok, but on the picture, the slider stay to the old value? 30% for example
Capture d’écran 3.png
Capture d’écran 3.png (29.8 KiB) Viewed 723 times

htilburgs

Post by htilburgs » Friday 09 June 2017 0:01

jvandenbroek wrote:
htilburgs wrote:I think the current way is the better way.

Open=open
Close=close
Slider=percentage

That's debatable, I think it's better to act like a dimmer (restore last value). For full close you can use e.g. a virtual blinds device to set the level to 100 (which sends the On command). But I agree we need to discuss this a little bit more before merging, I'll refer to this comment in the request.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N930F met Tapatalk
For a light with dimmer I agree, but for blinds it's more common to fully open and close and incidently use the slider. Working with a virtual just for fully open and close is not a wannable. Certain with wife and kids, I like to keep it simple, so everybody can operate.
Hardware:
Raspberry Pi 2B - Aeon Labs Z-Stick GEN5 - Fibaro Dimmer 2 - Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - Fibaro Smoke Sensor - Yeelight RGBW Led bulb - Yeelight Smart LED Light Strip - Neo Coolcam PIR Motion Sensor - Neo Coolcam PowerPlug

gizmocuz

Post by gizmocuz » Friday 09 June 2017 6:32

I also agree, the buttons should always fully open/close the blinds, and the slider can be used to set it to a specific position
Quality outlives Quantity!

jvdz

Post by jvdz » Friday 09 June 2017 8:55

I also agree that On/Off should fully Open/Close the blinds and that is also why (some) have the extra Stop button.
Would still love to see that Stop button added to the zwave blinds switches. :)

Jos

dartflag
Domoticz version:

Post by dartflag » Saturday 17 June 2017 17:14

Hello all ,

I installed the lastest release of domoticz 7976, and the behavior seems better not very good but better ;)

When I click on the close button after few seconds, the blind has closed and the view in domoticz web interface has closed too, same thing for open command. The blind is physically closed or opened too, so good for these commands.
But
when I choose a value in percentage 10%, 50% etc... sometime the view in domoticz is closed but in fact the position of the blind is 10%, 50% etc... and I've the same behavior for all the blinds, not everytime but sometime :shock:

i'm not sure if it's clear? :?

jvandenbroek

Post by jvandenbroek » Wednesday 28 June 2017 12:53

I can't replicate this with the same device, level seems to be set and reported fine. Make sure you refresh the page if you're viewing the dashboard page on mobile, somehow this page doesn't update after a device change (which is another issue unrelated to this).

dartflag
Domoticz version:

Post by dartflag » Friday 30 June 2017 19:14

unfortunatly, I refreshed the web page but I've the same issue. And these wrong values are the same on my iPhone, iPad, safari, firefox...

FYI: I've these errors messages in domoticz log file
2017-06-30 10:19:55.515 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 3985319296, NodeID: 8 (0x08)
2017-06-30 10:38:00.506 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 3985319296, NodeID: 10 (0x0a)
2017-06-30 10:48:05.509 OpenZWave: Received timeout notification from HomeID: 3985319296, NodeID: 8 (0x08

I've te issue on all the blinds. Is it a problem with the key aeotec gen 5? how can I check if the key work fine. Is it possible to update the driver?

I did these tests:
1- 20:40: activation of the trace OZW_log.txt
2- 20:55:12 put the trigger to 23%
Capture d’écran.png
Capture d’écran.png (76.78 KiB) Viewed 480 times

then few seconds later, the icon in domoticz is closed and I don't why?
Capture d’écran 1.png
Capture d’écran 1.png (37.64 KiB) Viewed 480 times

but in fact the value of the position is 23 in the OpenZWave Control Panel
Capture d’écran 2.png
Capture d’écran 2.png (42.56 KiB) Viewed 480 times

how can I share the OZW_log.txt file? to know if there is a problem in the log?

the id of the blind is 10

thanks

Fred

dartflag
Domoticz version:

Post by dartflag » Monday 10 July 2017 20:17

I updated to the last domoticz 8070. And the issue are always here.

and this morning all the blinds were closed in the web interface and opened to 75% in the zwave control panel. So for me the key seems detected the position correctly? is the issue is in the app domoticz?
I used Aeotec Z Stick Gen5 ZW090. is the key perhaps defect?
I'll order another zwave controller like EVERSPRING - Contrôleur USB Z-Wave Plus. The Aeotec Gen is too expensive only for a test

tom789
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:

Post by tom789 » Tuesday 11 July 2017 5:31

:D :D :D :D :D :D
:) :) :) :) :) :)

jvandenbroek

Post by jvandenbroek » Friday 14 July 2017 16:41

Maybe it helps (if not already set) to change the Z-Wave setting "Reports type" to "send reports using Z-Wave class" instead of "Fibar command class". The reason you're seeing fully closed after a few sec (probably as soon as the blinds are stopped), is that Domoticz somehow receives an 'On' status which it uses to update it's own status. If you've already set it this way, then I'm not sure what else could be going on..

dartflag
Domoticz version:

Post by dartflag » Monday 17 July 2017 19:34

jvandenbroek wrote:Maybe it helps (if not already set) to change the Z-Wave setting "Reports type" to "send reports using Z-Wave class" instead of "Fibar command class". The reason you're seeing fully closed after a few sec (probably as soon as the blinds are stopped), is that Domoticz somehow receives an 'On' status which it uses to update it's own status. If you've already set it this way, then I'm not sure what else could be going on..
thanks for this idea,

Unfortunatly, I have this parameters in all my blinds config, but nothing better.

This morning, I received my new ZWAVE key to test if the problem is with my ZWAVE GEN5 key

dartflag
Domoticz version:

Post by dartflag » Wednesday 02 August 2017 19:55

hi all,

I think, I found the solution of my issue :D

I activated the pooling of all the blinds module. So 2 days ago I deactivated this functionnality and it works :D :D :D :D

I'm so happy