ESPEasy Light sensor Domoticz

Others (MiLight, Hue, Toon etc...)
Bladerer
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: 3.8153

ESPEasy Light sensor Domoticz

Post by Bladerer » Sunday 21 January 2018 18:59

Hi All,

I’m not sure if I’m in the right forum or if it should be moved elsewhere. I only recently started to play with domoticz and arduino and was hoping to switch my lights on and off based on a light sensor.

I ordered a sensor from RobotDyn http://s.aliexpress.com/yAZjyu2u

I was hoping to connect it to an arduino nano and transmit it’s readings over a SER2NET link to domoticz with ESPEasy. Although I was able to get readings from the sensor on a telnet connection I can’t seem to find any tutorial on how to get these details into Domoticz.

After ready various tutorials I found that most people would use the MySensors library. This seems some overkill if a simple serial feed could do the trick. And even if it was an option I can’t find any examples with the light sensor I have lying around.

If I would want to use the MySensors library I would still like to use an Arduino Uno with an NRF and an ESP-01 to set-up a wireless gateway to communicate to Domoticz.
The only wireless gateway options I could find are based on these Wemos development boards or on the ESP-12 due to the fact that these have multiple GPIO ports.

I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction so I can set-up some sensors and transmit the feats to domoticz via a WiFi connection without the need to buy any additional hardware.