Wifi RFLink

433Mhz opensource Receiver & Transmitter.

Moderator: Stuntteam

Bladerer
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Re: Wifi RFLink

Post by Bladerer » Tuesday 12 December 2017 14:34

Good to hear, I’ll be ordering my parts later Today. I have no experience with any of the components so I’m happy to hear how it works out for you and as I already asked @MaikelK, it would be nice to see some real-life photo’s of this setup.

MaikelK
Domoticz version:

Post by MaikelK » Thursday 21 December 2017 14:04

Hi Guys,

Sorry, didnt had notifications set to this post....

It's quite easy with the dipswitches.
Fitting the RFlink to the board is the same as with the original AtMega board, no difference.

First set dipswitches to USB-->AtMega2560 and load firmware
Then set dipswitches to USB-->ESP and load firmware.
Then set dipswitches to ESP-->AtMega2560.

Had it up and running within 5 minutes and now already for more then a few weeks.
I'm powering it via a Samsung 5V-1A phone charger and a proper usb power cord.
Powering via the DC jack would probably be better.

Bladerer
Domoticz version:

Post by Bladerer » Thursday 21 December 2017 14:10

Thanks @Maikelk, mine was ordered and due to arrive in the next two weeks. Will post an update once installed.

Bladerer
Domoticz version:

Post by Bladerer » Tuesday 16 January 2018 20:53

Hi Guys,

Finally my parts arrived in various shipments in the last couple of days. I managed to flash the Robotdyn Mege + WiFi.

Step 1 Load the ESPEasy R120 release: I set the dip switch 5, 6, 7 to ON. The rest of the switches to OFF. Loaded to flash tool on my Windows PC, selected the appropriate COM port, set the version to 120 and the flash version size to 1024. Pushed the “Mode” button on the Mega an successfully flashed ESPEasy.

Step 2 flash RFLink R48 by setting dip switches 3 and 4 to ON and all the rest to OFF. Started the RFLink flash tool and selected the correct firmware, COM port and uploaded the firmware.

Step 3 Configure the ESPEasy: set dip switches 1 and 2 to ON and all the rest to OFF. Searched for the ESP_0 WiFi network and linked the module to the correct WiFi network. Assigned a fixed network address and under devices added the serial server as described in this thread on page 2.

After that I wired up the receiver and transmitter. Powered it up and added the Ethernet RFLink gateway to Domoticz. All done.

It took me some more time since it was my first Android experience but all and all it worked within the hour. Thanks all for the help.

MaikelK
Domoticz version:

Post by MaikelK » Tuesday 16 January 2018 22:12

Nice work! A good find if i can say myself!
Please let me know if you have a lot of errors for the RFlink in the error log. It seems that it's connection is Sometimes dropping. I have an uptime measurment running in domoticz for it and am pushing the system uptime from ESPeasy each minute and it always skips a few minutes a day.

Bladerer
Domoticz version:

Post by Bladerer » Wednesday 17 January 2018 0:11

For now I only did some tests adding some of my Smartwares (Action) and KaKu light switches. I saw no errors in the log except for some occasional disconnects due to myself powering off the mega to do some wiring adjustments.

What errors do you see exactly so I can keep an eye out for them? You did set the 1 minute timeout on the domoticz connection?