Installing Doticz on a Synology NAS is very simple if you are able to find the "needles" in the haystack of this forum.
Domoticz is available as a Synology Package however not as a standard Synology package supplied in the Synology package center.
You need to extend the Package Center on your Synology NAS with third party libraries to find Domoticz.
This is done as follows:
- 1. Login on your Synology NAS as administrator and open Package Center
2. In Package Center click on the tab "Settings"
3. Then select the tab "Packet Sources"
4. Select "Add" and type in the Name field "SynoCommunity" and in the URL field "http://packages.synocommunity.com" and OK
5. Select again "Add" to add a second library that contains the Domotics package updates
6. Name "Domoticz Updates" and URL "http://jadahl.dscloud.me/sspks/" and OK
7. In "Settings" now go to the first tab "General" and select "install packages from all publishers". After installing Domoticz you can put this setting back to "Synology only"
Back in Package Center you find now a new menu item "Community"
Open "Community" and you will be offered a whole new range of packages including Domoticz
(maybe you have to refresh the window the have the new packages shown up!)
Install Domoticz and after the installation you will be offered to update Domoticz like any other Synology package