Windows HTTPS

On various Hardware and OS systems: pi / windows / routers / nas, etc
dmont
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Windows HTTPS

Post by dmont » Tuesday 17 July 2018 5:03

Can someone please provide a simple step by step explanation of how I can get SSL working on Windows so I can log into a HTTPS web page outside of my network? The WIKI may actually explain it, but I don't understand it. The forum threads are all on linux or tell you to use a VPN instead. This would be very much appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Doowie
Domoticz version:

Re: Windows HTTPS

Post by Doowie » Saturday 11 August 2018 22:12

Same question here.
The installation manuall is quite simple and should enable https. At least it suggest to do that, but it doesn't!
There is nothing listening on 443.
I also doubt if a certificate is connected, but can't find any documentation about how to troubleshoot a Windows server running Domoticz.
Help in this area is highly appriciated.

Soepgroenten
Domoticz version:

Post by Soepgroenten » Wednesday 26 September 2018 22:51

I'm pretty experienced when it comes to adding SSl certificates in IIS (for the Job), but I didn't manage it to translate the PI Tutorial to a Windows manual.

So Same question here.

Did anyone manage to install a SSL certificate to a windows based installation of domoticz?

It would help if I at least knew what werb server service Domoticz is using (prolly running within the Non Sucking Task Manager)

Please do not reply with suggestions for a Pi I partly automated my home automation (outside domoticz) with Powershell scripts (would be nice if there was a Domoticz snapin or module, but I'd rather guess it will never come as Domoticz is pretty Pi based)

My setup:
I'm Running Domoticz (always latest version) on a Server 2012 Standard Edition which is VM on a Hyper-V Hypervisor. It's in an HA cluster with an AnywhereUSB solution for the Z-Wave usb device.

If there's a way to get IIS at front, and on the backend a translation to the Domoticz server I'm also Ok with it.

AurelioF
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:

Post by AurelioF » Tuesday 09 October 2018 0:27

For me the best security solution in remote access is to use a VPN, I use openvpn in my firewall, this allows me not only a full access to Domoticz, but I can also access all the resources of my Network, camera files etz, and only exposing one port of entry and not one for each service, potentially increases the risk the more the system is exposed, VPN uses certificates and the firewall can use some tricks as the geographic limitation to expose the installation even less.
It is not the easiest way but it is very safe and its operation is impeccable.

mrf68
Domoticz version: 3.4834

Post by mrf68 » Tuesday 09 October 2018 6:13

@Soepgroenten: is this somethng you are looking for?

http://www.debruinonline.net/iis-reverse-proxy

gizmocuz
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta

Post by gizmocuz » Tuesday 09 October 2018 8:14

You could start by 'not' running domoticz as a service.
Next you go to the domoticz installation path, and open a console there.
next you can type
domoticz /?

You should see all command line parameters supported

next try to start domoticz with for example -sslwww 443

is there any error being displayed ? (is another program using port 443 already ?), if not, you should be able to connect to it
(https://127.0.0.1)

You should see in the console a log message that you connected
Quality outlives Quantity!