Need help please

On various Hardware and OS systems: pi / windows / routers / nas, etc
Asanspree
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:

Need help please

Post by Asanspree » Tuesday 19 June 2018 18:00

I had an installer come install cameras, a door lock, garage door thing, etc.. He said I needed this Z stick gen 5 for the door lock and garage door thing. He has never used the z stick before and thought it would be a plug in and pretty much work type thing. He got them paired with the stick mo problem. He downloaded Domoticz on my computer but couldn't get it to recognize the lock or garage door piece. I messed with it and decided to try on another computer in the house. I got them to show up under hardware in the Domoticz computer app. There are several things listed under the devices, but not sure which ones are what I need if any of them are what I need. I've clicked on each one in the devices section and everyone except for 1 gives an error. One says it turns on and when clicked again it turns off. However, nothing in the house happens? I'm just not sure how to get these to work on the computer app. I also want them to work on the phone app, but no idea how. I was able to get further than he did, but I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out, and still no clue how to get it to work. I've tried other computer software apps you have listed, but not sure how to use those either. Can someone help me with step by step directions? I need babysteps please, I've never did anything like this before and I feel like I'm so close to getting it but yet so far away.