Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

On various Hardware and OS systems: pi / windows / routers / nas, etc
Post Reply
marktn
Posts: 52
Joined: Tuesday 21 April 2015 21:39
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

Post by marktn » Wednesday 03 January 2018 17:36

Hello,

What is the best way to upgrade from rapberry pi 1 to pi3?

Mark

User avatar
emme
Posts: 798
Joined: Monday 27 June 2016 11:02
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: latest
Location: Milano, Italy
Contact:

Re: Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

Post by emme » Wednesday 03 January 2018 17:41

Install a fresh new Jesse image on the PI3

install all the needed dependecies and then install Domoticz following the Wiki

after that, move the domoticz folder from PI1 to PI3 and then reboot the PI3

that should be enogh
ciao
M
That's one small step for a programmer, one giant leap for me!
- - - - -
Raspberry Pi3 + AeonStick G5 + RFXCOMM433 + iRTrans Server + NodeJS
There's no stress in the mess!!

marktn
Posts: 52
Joined: Tuesday 21 April 2015 21:39
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

Post by marktn » Wednesday 03 January 2018 18:20

emme wrote:Install a fresh new Jesse image on the PI3

install all the needed dependecies and then install Domoticz following the Wiki

after that, move the domoticz folder from PI1 to PI3 and then reboot the PI3

that should be enogh
ciao
M
Thanks! I will try that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T800 met Tapatalk


User avatar
jannl
Posts: 955
Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Geleen
Contact:

Re: Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

Post by jannl » Wednesday 03 January 2018 19:39

Hm. I use stretch, work fine.
I would never copy the complete domoticz folder. Only the db and the scripts directory. And some other manually updated files.

marktn
Posts: 52
Joined: Tuesday 21 April 2015 21:39
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

Post by marktn » Wednesday 03 January 2018 20:04

jannl wrote:
Wednesday 03 January 2018 19:39
Hm. I use stretch, work fine.
I would never copy the complete domoticz folder. Only the db and the scripts directory. And some other manually updated files.
What do you mean with stretch?
Is there a wiki/manual for it what to copy?

User avatar
jannl
Posts: 955
Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Geleen
Contact:

Re: Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

Post by jannl » Wednesday 03 January 2018 20:24

stretch is basically the successor of jessie, a new raspbian version.

There seem to be some problems however with stretch, one is when using the stable, Domoticz wants to use libssl1.1.0 (I think), which is default in jessie, but also is not safe, hence the reason it is not in stretch. On the forum is explained how to install that library manually. Normally I would suggest using the beta, but there seem to be some issues with the latests beta's....

But hey, when going to a new PI, you can install everything, test/debug etc and leave the old pi running.......that is what I did recently when going from a pi2 to a pi3 and stretch,

marktn
Posts: 52
Joined: Tuesday 21 April 2015 21:39
Target OS: Windows
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

Post by marktn » Wednesday 03 January 2018 20:39

jannl wrote:
Wednesday 03 January 2018 20:24
stretch is basically the successor of jessie, a new raspbian version.

There seem to be some problems however with stretch, one is when using the stable, Domoticz wants to use libssl1.1.0 (I think), which is default in jessie, but also is not safe, hence the reason it is not in stretch. On the forum is explained how to install that library manually. Normally I would suggest using the beta, but there seem to be some issues with the latests beta's....

But hey, when going to a new PI, you can install everything, test/debug etc and leave the old pi running.......that is what I did recently when going from a pi2 to a pi3 and stretch,
That will indead then the best, keep the old PI running. Installing the new one, install RFLink.
And wait how much faster domoticz is :D

User avatar
jannl
Posts: 955
Joined: Thursday 02 October 2014 6:36
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: Geleen
Contact:

Re: Update rasberry from pi 1 to pi 3

Post by jannl » Wednesday 03 January 2018 20:43

success, I did not see that much difference between pi2 and pi3, not as much as between pi b+ and pi2 anyway

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests