Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

kman
Posts: 148
Joined: Wednesday 30 September 2015 19:33
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby kman » Friday 12 February 2016 17:29

Hi,
I am looking for a cheap(£10 or lesser) temperature & humidity sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

markk
Posts: 395
Joined: Tuesday 14 January 2014 15:50
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby markk » Friday 12 February 2016 23:43

Have you searched here viewforum.php?f=12
Running Domoticz on Pi3 with RFXtrx433e. LWRF power sockets and dimmer switches. Integrated my existing wirefree alarm PIRs and door contacts with domoticz. Geofencing with Pilot. Harmony Hub. Tado for Heating. Now playing with mysensors.

kman
Posts: 148
Joined: Wednesday 30 September 2015 19:33
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby kman » Saturday 13 February 2016 20:03

Thanks markk.

I found Cresta TX-320 mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10417

kman
Posts: 148
Joined: Wednesday 30 September 2015 19:33
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby kman » Saturday 13 February 2016 21:01

Cresta TX-320 doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Shipment costs from Netherlands, seems to cost euro 19.

I am back to square one, not being to find a cheap Temp/Hum sensor under £10

User avatar
Westcott
Posts: 503
Joined: Tuesday 09 December 2014 18:04
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: UK - Glos
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby Westcott » Saturday 13 February 2016 21:16

I got one from Banggood - it worked straight away with RFXtrx

http://www.banggood.com/433MHz-Wireless ... 8820141020
Zwave - Sigma Z+ stick, Fibaro 2x FGSD002, FGMS001, Horstmann - 2x HRT4, 2x C-stat-11,
4x ASR-ZW, Aeon Micro Switch, 2x TKB TZ68E
Max-EQ Cube, Valve
RFXtrx433E, RFlink - 1byone driveway, doorbell, Oregon and BangGood temp
Wifi - YeeLight RGB, 3x ESP8266

kman
Posts: 148
Joined: Wednesday 30 September 2015 19:33
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby kman » Saturday 13 February 2016 21:23

Super! thanks a lot Westcott!

Ordered two of them!

simonrg
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tuesday 16 July 2013 22:54
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: North East England
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby simonrg » Sunday 14 February 2016 13:17

Westcott wrote:I got one from Banggood - it worked straight away with RFXtrx

http://www.banggood.com/433MHz-Wireless ... 8820141020

Looks good, one question - do they have fixed ids or does it change each time you replace the batteries?

I have 4 LaCrosse temperature / humidity sensors, which are great apart from resetting their ids each time the batteries are replaced meaning they are recognised as new devices in Domoticz each time the battery is replaced, meaning a old temperature sensor in Domoticz has be replaced by new device without loosing log and then renamed to original name so that scripts keep running :cry:

Other challenge is physics, the sensor I have outside needs its battery changing about every 4 weeks, whereas the sensor in the roof space lasts for about 1 year. I guess outside temperature changes very frequently so it transmits tempeartures far more often, hence running down the battery rapidly - :shock:. And as I use rechargeable batteries they report as 100% and then suddenly fail.
Raspberry Pi 2 B - [email protected] PSU - Raspbian + Domoticz + RFXtrx(89), LightwaveRF House(dimmers, sockets, wireless/mood switches), Owl CM113, 4 LaCross Temp / Humidity Sensors, 4 Siemens PIR, Smappee, Solaredge, ESP8266

User avatar
Westcott
Posts: 503
Joined: Tuesday 09 December 2014 18:04
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: UK - Glos
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby Westcott » Sunday 14 February 2016 13:40

I guess it's fixed. I would test it for you, but the case is well screwed together.
It reports every 34 secs.
I've had it for 6 weeks, the battery is still reporting 100%
Zwave - Sigma Z+ stick, Fibaro 2x FGSD002, FGMS001, Horstmann - 2x HRT4, 2x C-stat-11,
4x ASR-ZW, Aeon Micro Switch, 2x TKB TZ68E
Max-EQ Cube, Valve
RFXtrx433E, RFlink - 1byone driveway, doorbell, Oregon and BangGood temp
Wifi - YeeLight RGB, 3x ESP8266

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 307
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby LouiS22 » Sunday 14 February 2016 13:43

simonrg wrote:
Westcott wrote:I got one from Banggood - it worked straight away with RFXtrx

http://www.banggood.com/433MHz-Wireless ... 8820141020

Looks good, one question - do they have fixed ids or does it change each time you replace the batteries?

I have 4 LaCrosse temperature / humidity sensors, which are great apart from resetting their ids each time the batteries are replaced meaning they are recognised as new devices in Domoticz each time the battery is replaced, meaning a old temperature sensor in Domoticz has be replaced by new device without loosing log and then renamed to original name so that scripts keep running :cry:

Other challenge is physics, the sensor I have outside needs its battery changing about every 4 weeks, whereas the sensor in the roof space lasts for about 1 year. I guess outside temperature changes very frequently so it transmits tempeartures far more often, hence running down the battery rapidly - :shock:. And as I use rechargeable batteries they report as 100% and then suddenly fail.


You know that you can simply replace the new device with the old one and keeping the logs as well? How? Read the manual, http://www.domoticz.com/DomoticzManual.pdf , it's on page 20.

Also, these "cheap" sensors don't submit their battery levels. Guess you're expecting too much for that price ;)

One more thing: you didn't specified but my guess is that your batteries are 1.2V ones, while the specs are for 1.5V. That would explain the sudden drop, as they're falling below the minimum expected V value.

simonrg
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tuesday 16 July 2013 22:54
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: North East England
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby simonrg » Sunday 14 February 2016 14:23

LouiS22 wrote:You know that you can simply replace the new device with the old one and keeping the logs as well? How? Read the manual, http://www.domoticz.com/DomoticzManual.pdf , it's on page 20.

Also, these "cheap" sensors don't submit their battery levels. Guess you're expecting too much for that price ;)

One more thing: you didn't specified but my guess is that your batteries are 1.2V ones, while the specs are for 1.5V. That would explain the sudden drop, as they're falling below the minimum expected V value.

Thanks, I do just replace the old device with the new one, but it isn't a one step process unless I am missing something - I go to Settings / Accept New Devices for 5 Minutes, then Devices find the new sensor click the green arrow give the new device a dummy name, then Temperature page replace Old device with new device, then rename new device to old device name. Not difficult but not exactly smooth, hence keeping same id would be a real plus.

In terms of batteries, as you say I am hoping for too much for the price.
Raspberry Pi 2 B - [email protected] PSU - Raspbian + Domoticz + RFXtrx(89), LightwaveRF House(dimmers, sockets, wireless/mood switches), Owl CM113, 4 LaCross Temp / Humidity Sensors, 4 Siemens PIR, Smappee, Solaredge, ESP8266

simonrg
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tuesday 16 July 2013 22:54
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: North East England
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby simonrg » Sunday 14 February 2016 20:50

Westcott wrote:I got one from Banggood - it worked straight away with RFXtrx

http://www.banggood.com/433MHz-Wireless ... 8820141020

Just stumbled across a thread on the forum, that seems to say these sensors are of limted use as the temperature drifts - http://domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6343&start=20.
Raspberry Pi 2 B - [email protected] PSU - Raspbian + Domoticz + RFXtrx(89), LightwaveRF House(dimmers, sockets, wireless/mood switches), Owl CM113, 4 LaCross Temp / Humidity Sensors, 4 Siemens PIR, Smappee, Solaredge, ESP8266

User avatar
Westcott
Posts: 503
Joined: Tuesday 09 December 2014 18:04
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: Beta
Location: UK - Glos
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby Westcott » Sunday 14 February 2016 21:22

To be fair, the later posts in that thread seem to say that they are OK
Zwave - Sigma Z+ stick, Fibaro 2x FGSD002, FGMS001, Horstmann - 2x HRT4, 2x C-stat-11,
4x ASR-ZW, Aeon Micro Switch, 2x TKB TZ68E
Max-EQ Cube, Valve
RFXtrx433E, RFlink - 1byone driveway, doorbell, Oregon and BangGood temp
Wifi - YeeLight RGB, 3x ESP8266

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 307
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby LouiS22 » Sunday 14 February 2016 23:04

One more observation: I have three Crestas (I know, they're above the budget), but they're battery friendlies. Have them more than a year, reading is in every minute or so, and they're still with their original batteries (1.5V ones).

User avatar
LouiS22
Posts: 307
Joined: Friday 27 February 2015 14:21
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version: beta
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby LouiS22 » Sunday 14 February 2016 23:08

simonrg wrote:
LouiS22 wrote:You know that you can simply replace the new device with the old one and keeping the logs as well? How? Read the manual, http://www.domoticz.com/DomoticzManual.pdf , it's on page 20.

Also, these "cheap" sensors don't submit their battery levels. Guess you're expecting too much for that price ;)

One more thing: you didn't specified but my guess is that your batteries are 1.2V ones, while the specs are for 1.5V. That would explain the sudden drop, as they're falling below the minimum expected V value.

Thanks, I do just replace the old device with the new one, but it isn't a one step process unless I am missing something - I go to Settings / Accept New Devices for 5 Minutes, then Devices find the new sensor click the green arrow give the new device a dummy name, then Temperature page replace Old device with new device, then rename new device to old device name. Not difficult but not exactly smooth, hence keeping same id would be a real plus.

In terms of batteries, as you say I am hoping for too much for the price.


It's not that big deal, and if you're using 1.5V ones, you don't have to repeat the process that often.

planetf1
Posts: 29
Joined: Friday 29 January 2016 16:27
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby planetf1 » Friday 19 February 2016 16:38

I just ordered http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019I9XYGA

I have no idea if it will work, but it's in stock via amazon uk -- so returns are easy. I don't need the wireless station (I may or may not keep), but the sensor can be ordered standalone, just not via amazon yet. I wanted an easy to return unit so I could figure out what might work.

I suspect the oregon/TFA/Bressel ones would work OOTB

Interesting to see the banggood ones work fine.

I'll report back, probably tomorrow.

kman
Posts: 148
Joined: Wednesday 30 September 2015 19:33
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby kman » Friday 19 February 2016 20:16

@planetf1 - thanks, will look forward to your report tomorrow.

planetf1
Posts: 29
Joined: Friday 29 January 2016 16:27
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby planetf1 » Sunday 21 February 2016 19:34

@kman - sorry it's a no go. I'm going to see how people report the battery life of the banggood sensor which is know to work for £7 albeit delivery from china, else I may just get a TFA or oregon

The rfx picked up no new device either within domoticz or when moved across to windows/rfxmngr.. Tried all 3 channels, and forced transmit on the sensor (test button). I also had undecoded message reporting enabled on the rfxtrx433e ...

planetf1
Posts: 29
Joined: Friday 29 January 2016 16:27
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby planetf1 » Monday 22 February 2016 13:22

I've decided to order the banggood one. It's perhaps a 1/3 of the cost of any known good working ones (oregon/tfa) from the docs/amazon so worth a shot, especially as I may need a couple more... so it's a case of waiting for delivery now!

mverleun
Posts: 4
Joined: Monday 16 November 2015 0:08
Target OS: Linux
Domoticz version:
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby mverleun » Thursday 25 February 2016 10:42

Have you tried to integrate RTL_433 ( https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433 ) ?

I'm using it to receive information from a weather station that is not supported by RFXTRX and submit it to Domoticz via MQTT.

This is a cheap solution if you only need to receive data.

simonrg
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tuesday 16 July 2013 22:54
Target OS: Raspberry Pi
Domoticz version:
Location: North East England
Contact:

Re: Temperature & Humidity Sensor compatible with RFXCOM/Domoticz

Postby simonrg » Thursday 25 February 2016 11:35

5 minutes with http://www.esp8266.nu/index.php/HumiditySensor
ESPeasy firmware is really easy - just burn the firmware - connect up my DHT22 temp / humdity sensor, create dummy temp /hum sensor in Domoticz, configure ESPeasy web interface on my Wemos D1 Mini and magically data starts being sent to Domoticz - a £8 temperature / humidity sensor. Using a cheaper version of the ESP8266 and DHT11, you could get the price below £5 and buying from China direct about £2.50. You would have to factor in some sort of case / power supply.
Raspberry Pi 2 B - [email protected] PSU - Raspbian + Domoticz + RFXtrx(89), LightwaveRF House(dimmers, sockets, wireless/mood switches), Owl CM113, 4 LaCross Temp / Humidity Sensors, 4 Siemens PIR, Smappee, Solaredge, ESP8266


Return to “Rfxcom Transceiver”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests